It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why UFOs "as big as a football field?"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I guess a football field is a familiar size to most people and suggests a size of about 100 metres across. Maybe we can diversify and use tennis courts, olympic swimming pools etc for alternate size comparison purposes.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

If someones says it was "as big as a football field" HOW do you know they are exaggerating? Where is your basis for this claim?

Why couldn't it be the size of a football field? How do you know that spacecraft (if in fact they do exist hmmmm) are not built to that specification that resembles a the size of a earth based football field?

It is a point of reference that people use to explain the extraordinary size of the object they imagined they saw. Simple.

However, it is not very common that people use that term of reference and I could only find a handful of articles where people have said the craft was "as big as a football field"!! Most of the time this is not the case. Most craft people see and report happen to be other shapes and dimensions.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

If someones says it was "as big as a football field" HOW do you know they are exaggerating? Where is your basis for this claim?

Its human nature. Do you know any fishermen?

Why couldn't it be the size of a football field? How do you know that spacecraft (if in fact they do exist hmmmm) are not built to that specification that resembles a the size of a earth based football field?

I don't know.

It is a point of reference that people use to explain the extraordinary size of the object they they imagined they saw. Simple.
Yes, I believe when people see something unusual, that's out of context from normal "known" objects, they imagine things like size, intelligence and origin of these things.

edit on 30-10-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

However, it is not very common that people use that term of reference and I could only find a handful of articles where people have said the craft was "as big as a football field"!! Most of the time this is not the case. Most craft people see and report happen to be other shapes and dimensions.

How odd, since what motivated me to make this discussion is the plethora of "football field" reports while researching for a book about how people describe things. Are you making this claim solely on the basis of one web search vs. what I have found after researching countless reports over the past eight years? Have you conducted and documented an inventory of descriptions of "most craft people see and report" to support your claim that "it is not very common that people use that term of reference"? Or are you basing this argument solely on what you googled once after you read my original post, and how smart in general you are?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: audenine
a reply to: projectbane

How odd, since what motivated me to make this discussion is the plethora of "football field" reports while researching for a book about how people describe things. Are you making this claim solely on the basis of one web search vs. what I have found after researching countless reports over the past eight years? Have you conducted and documented an inventory of descriptions of "most craft people see and report" to support your claim that "it is not very common that people use that term of reference"? Or are you basing this argument solely on what you googled once after you read my original post, and how smart in general you are?

You seem to have reached your conclusions before you posted this thread. What, then, was your purpose in posting this thread? Was it to post your credentials and get pats on the back?

<< 1  2  3   >>

join