It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Now Claims Ebola is "Transmittable" by Coughing - Sneezing ??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The CDC has apparently posted a one page pdf that has some very interesting info !!!

The pdf is apparently dated 10/27/2014 - 07:54am at the bottom.

Ebola is spread through droplets

Droplet spread happens when germs traveling inside droplets that are
coughed or sneezed from a sick person enter the eyes, nose, or mouth of
another person.

Droplets travel short distances, less than 3 feet (1 meter) from one person to another.

A person might also get infected by touching a surface or object that has
germs on it and then touching their mouth or nose.

Droplet spread diseases include: plague, Ebola.

What’s the difference between infections
spread through the air or by droplets?

Dropplets !!!!

edit on Oct-27-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Let's talk about this one more time for good measure, it will be fun.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It took a special 27 person team to figure that one out?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I am not sure but I think they have known this, even if they have not announced it explicitly.

I think by airborne, they mean that it can travel greater distances, not necessarily in a droplet.

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
slowly everything everyone else thought was true is dribbling out. And along will come the people that were screaming at us calling us idiots, change their story so they sound like they thought of it. In this recent ebola case I personally am gonna trust the collective or the average person over the certified folks. Which one has more to lose by being wrong? And being over prepared was never a bad thing in my book.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Researchers and scientists and generally people who haven't been living in a hole, realize the difference 'airborne' and 'aerosol' transmission.

A cough or a sneeze is sending your bodily fluids out in to the universe, for any unsuspecting person to get.

It's only really likely once symptoms have started to show and they are bed ridden or something like that. During incubation it's not likely they would transmit this way.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerrorAlertRed

Possibly.

But the timestamp on the pdf is this morning, probably before the "Meeting".

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
ATS called it months ago.

These CDC semantics and ever-changing protocols are going to kill us. LoL!

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

This does not mean the virus is airborne, and this is not new information. We already knew this.

Airborne viruses can travel through the air independent of droplets, like dandelion seeds on a breeze. Ebola, as yet, cannot.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Researchers and scientists and generally people who haven't been living in a hole, realize the difference 'airborne' and 'aerosol' transmission.

OK, so what is the difference?

An airborne disease is any disease that is caused by pathogens and transmitted through the air. Such diseases include many that are of considerable importance both in human and veterinary medicine. The relevant pathogens may be viruses, bacteria, or fungi, and they may be spread through coughing, sneezing, raising of dust, spraying of liquids, or similar activities likely to generate aerosol particles or droplets. Strictly speaking airborne diseases do not include conditions caused simply by air pollution such as dusts and poisons, though their study and prevention may be related.

Oh OK, TruBrit that makes sense.
edit on 2720141020141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

True.

But the "Droplets" are in the air just like the picture shows.

Scary - just in time for Halloween !!

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
wheres phage, he'll be shortly to claim that it doesn't mean you can get sick that way just a chance.
they've know for a long time that it can and most liklely be airborne and spread by droplets.

here is a article on the pig to monkey transfer via DROPLETS, AIRBORNE or FOMITES

While the study provided evidence that transmission of Ebola between species is possible, researchers still cannot say for certain how that transmission actually occurred. There are three likely candidates for the route of transmission: airborne, droplet, or fomites.

Airborne and droplet transmission both technically travel through the air to infect others; the difference lies in the size of the infective particles. Smaller droplets persist in the air longer and are able to travel farther- these droplets are truly “airborne.” Larger droplets can neither travel as far nor persist for very long. Fomites are inanimate objects that can transmit disease if they are contaminated with infectious agents. In this study, a monkey’s cage could have been contaminated when workers were cleaning a nearby pig cage. If the monkey touched the contaminated cage surface and then its mouth or eyes, it could have been infected. Author Dr. Gary Kobinger suspects that the virus is transmitted through droplets, not fomites, because evidence of infection in the lungs of the monkeys indicated that the virus was inhaled.
From Pigs to Monkeys, Ebola Goes Airborne

not only did they learn, or surmize that it can be transmitted via droplet's or airborne, they also learn that cross spices transfer is possible and that pigs are susceptible to ebola. they say that they can't say that pigs are a hostbut,

To continue work on answering this question, the team plans to take samples from pigs in areas known to have recently experienced Ebola outbreaks.

this article is dated Nov 21, 2012, any one remember what the last pandemic that went world wide was and where it came from and what was and is considered to be the host.

here's a hint i smell bacon.
the WHO and CDC even issued advisories, saying not to do any unnecessary travel south of the border then.
edit on 27-10-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I thought it seemed like an issue of semantics but I think I understand now.

Aerosol transmission is only going to be viable in a droplet that wouldn't linger nearly as long or get picked up by a breeze after resting on a surface.

The only example I can think of is spray paint vs. paint dust. Same thing but the dust is going to be able farther and longer and without needing to be expelled in droplet form.
edit on 2720141020141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

No-one is going to get Ebola.

Go out and vote I mean have fun!

That feeling of warmth?

It's Election I mean, World Series Fever!

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerrorAlertRed

No it took 27 people to vote on whether or not to tell the public the truth.

Peace

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

It might interest you to look closely at the word droplet for a moment, and cogitate upon it.

Its in the first four letters. Basically, a droplet does not go hither and thither throughout the atmosphere at a whim, but makes its way to earth, has too much mass to stay aloft on a breeze. Airborne viruses however do not have as much mass, and can make their way around in a much more comprehensive fashion, buffeted by the movement of the atmosphere.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Think like this: when you spray air-freshener from the can, you can see the aerosol mist. But, after the mist is no longer discernible, for how long can your nose tell you the scent is in the air?

Next thing the CDC will 'discover': watch out for the floor. Spade.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower
T, we love you like a pig loves corn but it's so cute when people lecture us all on how one can or cannot actually catch Ebola.

We really do get it. We've had a belly full of talking points.

The entire issue is that it seems ever-changing, depending on which talking head's lips are moving and - as we all gravely understand - there is a good bit about this outbreak that seems different or at least not fully understood, such as numerous HCWs catching it, despite PPEs, etc.
edit on 10/27/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I don't mean Ebola specifically, I just mean that's the overall tendencies of a virus like this.

Now of course there's mutation to look into and information we aren't being given by the WHO or the CDC.

I guess I'm just trying to point out that "Aerosol" transmission, has always been talked about as a possible transmission route, and a likely one.

But it doesn't mean 'airborne' as some would like to claim.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I guess the CDC finally realized that they were looking like idiots for avoiding the mention of, or hiding, information that is readily available in other documentation and scientific studies. This information has been quoted from these studies many times on ATS in the various ebola threads.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join