It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican Library Digitizes 4,400 Ancient Manuscripts and Gives Them Away for Free

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Why spend money on this when you could spend it on guns and political advertisements?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 6Taco6Smell6

In the hundreds of years that those pieces have existed they decay just like us in the fullness of time ,burning up like a piece of carbon before the sun .

We look back in horror now at Victorians opening Mummies like a game and burning priceless artifacts , and one nuke and Rome is gone along with a lot of history so it is better to copy this asap and put in online and at the end of the day this is only pocket money one picture in the collection is worth this

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
blah blah blah....why this why that.... blah blah blah, pedo corporation....money....blah....
That's the first time that Vatican does a cool thing and you have nothing to do but criticizing.
Why don't you just relax on your seat and look at how beautiful these scanned manuscripts are?

edit on Jpmbbpm09 by Jabbah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Jabbah

I am only a priest on the internet Jabbah

breath in now breath out

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman
Anything in there about the rampant sex abuse and pedophelia in the catholic church?

Hold on, that's real???

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Thank You so much for posting. I'm already enjoying the links you provided.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

originally posted by: thesmokingman
Anything in there about the rampant sex abuse and pedophelia in the catholic church?

Hold on, that's real???

Why do you think they are building all the data centers for

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Let me know when they scan the Necronomicon.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I'm not expecting the Vatican to release all of the juicy stuff, but more historical documents are always great to have. Cheers for the find, OP.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Anything with ancient greek content would be of tremendous value, Something like the lost book of Archimedes which was brushed out and written over with prayers by a monk, there was knowledge in that book that only in recent times our modern civilization rediscovered.
www.sciencenews.org...

Imagine how many books like that, (that survived the early christians barbarism) may still lie today in vaticans library.
Also what's up with their Egyptian collection? What does that have to do with their religion? do they also have hidden papyrus?
The conspiracy theorist in me says there is also a possibility they have already found many of them, but will never reveal that kind of knowledge to the public, reinforcing the conspiracy belief, that the religion dogma is keeping secrets from our past.
The ''Name of the Rose'' is a brilliant example.

edit on MonMon, 27 Oct 2014 05:07:39 -05001AMkuMondayam by Dr1Akula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Coool i remember watching a documentary about parts of the Vatican library and the level of security that was in place was insane, the secrets that are locked up there would be fascinating to see. Although i suspect that they would be keeping much of the really interesting stuff closed off to the public.. i anticipate 1000s of genealogies and ancient tax and trading records.

Hopefully the history sleuths on ATS will find and highlight some of the more unique items for the rest of us to read.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
S+F

I'm not religious but I love free information.

The scans are really good at full zoom too.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: D4rcyJones

In the miles of archives under the Vatican there will be many juicy secrets that the world has forgotten about and the catholic church will keep it that way for the most of them only releasing the most sanitized ones to distract the public .

Those employed to scan those items will be hand picked i imagine from ones who have the faith and will not rock the boat

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I was being sarcastic lol I'm actually excited about this.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Of course they could afford it themselves. But then everyone would know how much extra wealth they have lying around... It is of paramount importance that they maintain the appearance of poverty to their flock. Even though it should be obvious that with a mere cursory glance you can see the opposite is true. What with all the gold and jewels... But then, everything about the Vatican has "the opposite is true" as a foundation. In fact, the very concept IS the foundation upon which the Vatican is laid. Just like Orwell's "1984". Lies are truth, ignorance is strength and whatnot. Wealth is poverty and poverty is wealth.

I think 15 years and 50 million is a very conservative estimate! Isnt there like 17 miles of bookshelves???

I guess they must be talking specifically about the portion they are willing to make public at this time. No way would they ever release everything they have.

Perhaps they would lead us to believe they have or will, so the average person might think "well, i guess thats all they have! no big secrets or anything here, just a bunch of mundane writings..."

I wonder if any of it has been faked or altered to fit the nnarrative they wish to present. Some of it might seem shocking to us, but may be merely an attempt to, for example, legitimize Satan worship, or slander Jesus, or make it seem as if Jesus' teachings really do mirror those of Paul's. Or legitimize their Sunday Sabbath or any other number of controversial doctrines of their which conflict directly with the teachings of Christ.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

You sir, are a sinner.

The Holy Mother Church can not spend its wealth on people, or the poor. They cannot spend it on children or the elderly.

The Pope holds the Church's wealth for GOD.

They cannot spend God's money!

They know that the Second Coming is due soon, Jesus may need all that wealth for advertising campaigns and payoffs and crap.

It would be like stealing from God.

The Church is just like Robin Hood, they steal from the rich and the poor and they keep it for God.

It is not their fault if God doesn't tell them how to spend it.

Oh, and all those other things they have secretly stored, they are for God as well.

Think of it as the Library of Jesus so when he comes back, he can bring himself up to speed on how things are going.

Jesus will be the one to give us all access and use the money wisely.

So, don't be so impatient.

P

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
i suppose they will be VERY selective about the documents they release....nothing of their knowledge of ET existence.....or am i just being cynical?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Very good news, but I, too, doubt they will release anything "sensitive". On the other hand, even if they did, since the material released is written or produced before 1500 AD, most of it will be in medieval Latin or another vernacular language of Europe at the time, of which most are derived from Latin. I wonder how many of the people willing to take a real critical look at any of these manuscripts are actually able to read, understand and interpret them correctly.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
This is absolutely awesome... Anyone complaining about this would complain that water on a hot day wasn't as good as gatorade.

My prediction is that of course they are going to keep things they feel are too sensitive to hit the public... but they are going to release things that they do not realize are sensitive.

I.E ... I think we are going to see a lot of Ancient alien "evidence" come out.

Ive wasted about 2 hours this morning going through released documents. Thanks!!!

SnF

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga
This is absolutely awesome... Anyone complaining about this would complain that water on a hot day wasn't as good as gatorade.

Ive wasted about 2 hours this morning going through released documents. Thanks!!!

SnF

God made time and plenty of it for this sort of thing

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join