It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane from DC airport grounded at Columbia, SC airport due to 'possible' Ebola scare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Link: www.wistv.com...

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) -
A plane from Washington DC's Dulles International Airport is currently grounded at Columbia Metropolitan Airport due to a "possible" Ebola scare, according to airport officials.

According to Kaela Harmon with the airport, emergency crews are currently responding to the plane to determine what is going on.

Harmon said it wasn't clear which airliner it was or when it was grounded. More on this story as it develops.

This is just after hearing that the Ebola option has been taken off of the state-wide DHEC number. It was there yesterday. I'm sending an email now to find out why.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Update:

source

COLUMBIA, S.C. — A plane from Washington, D.C.’s Dulles International Airport is currently grounded Friday morning at Columbia Metropolitan Airport due to a “possible” Ebola scare, according to airport officials.

WIS is reporting that a male passenger had nose bleed symptoms and is being removed from the plane, which is a United flight.

There is no word on where the sick passenger will be transported.

Developing …

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Thankfully the airport is outside of town, but it's still freaked everyone out in the office.

I haven't heard back on why the phone system was changed, either.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: RockerDom

I couldn't imagine being another passenger on board. As I wait in the "holding room" I would be irritated of flight delay and worried the entire time I may have just been exposed and have to self quarantine.

Makes me think harder in regards to stocking up on supplies and food.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Oh joy.

So now it's in my home state.

Or rather I HOPE it's not and this is just a scare.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I wished I could find the article I read earlier this week. This reminds me of it but the ending is different.
A black woman with an foreign accent asked a stewardess before take off if she could get some club soda because she felt nauseous. The stewardess went and fetched the other crew on the plane and said she would have to get off of the plane because Ebola.
The woman was mortified. She had not been to or been around anyone from Africa since the beginning of the year. Wasn't good enough. They brought the plane back to the terminal. Only after she refused to get off and the rest of the passengers including a doctor said they were more than fine with travelling with her did the flight happen.

Would the same thing have happened with a white male?

I wonder how this will turn out? My guess a lot of people will be inconvenienced for a nosebleed.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Yeah, they may be. I wonder why they would do such a thing when you can't catch it that easily and no exchange of bodily fluids.

*End of sarcasm*

top topics

join