It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch LIVE Now: Today's Partial Solar Eclipse for North America, Starts at 5:07pm EDT (GMT-4)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The Slooh Community Observatory is webcasting the event with the help of an observatory telescope in Prescott, Arizona. The observatory in Prescott specifically watches the sun, and is in a perfect position to capture the eclipse over the next three hours:

www.space.com...

I'm already tuned in and turned up.

There are also other observatories being broadcast as well. They just showed the view from Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles.

edit on 23-10-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Awesome link BoneZ!

Tuning in!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Thanks _BoneZ_!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

Thanks _BoneZ_!

Can't see it because of cloud coverage, so this link is awesome!
edit on 23-10-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

There's some clouds here also, but it's definitely much darker than normal at this time of night. It will peak in about 10 more minutes from now.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: _BoneZ_
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

There's some clouds here also, but it's definitely much darker than normal at this time of night. It will peak in about 10 more minutes from now.

Yup, noticeably darker here as well. Pretty rad.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Well I ended up having to watch it on Slooh myself. Way too many trees to the west of me so I wasn't able to see or get any good shots with my camera.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
They were talking on the broadcast about the upcoming Total Solar Eclipse that will happen Monday, August 21st, 2017. Here's a link showing where it will occur:

www.eclipsewise.com...

There's also animations and other great info at that link.

I've already been preparing, and plan on traveling to that 135-ish mile area where it will be a 100% total eclipse to get the full experience.

If you explore the site more, you'll see that we'll get two more opportunities in the near future (for the U.S.): one in October of 2023 with a partial that will be visible in the actual daytime (no sunset this time), and then a full Total Solar Eclipse in April of 2024.

Can't wait to experience these events!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

That one happens around noon time for me!!!

Means I'll have a clear shot at it.

IF the weather isn't bad.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Yep. I'm going to make sure I'm traveling to an area that will be completely obstruction-free. It will be great.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
From the Phoenix area...

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: gavron

Very cool. Did you take that yourself?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
heres a youtube about it

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Here in north Georgia it was a bust clouds moved in just as it started.

The best one

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent
Here in north Georgia it was a bust clouds moved in just as it started.

The best one

Cool shot, I like it. Its very ominous.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: _BoneZ_
a reply to: gavron

Very cool. Did you take that yourself?

Yep! If I would have known earlier, I would have tried to frame it against a cactus or something...but didn't have time to find a cool spot.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Here's my best still camera shot:

I also recorded video during my own live webcast, and caught a UFO at 25:47.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 23-10-2014 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ngchunter

Absolutely amazing picture, and video as well! I knew you would stop by with something to share.

As far as the "UFO's", if I didn't know better, I'd swear they were on the surface of the sun. As the "UFO's" got to the edge of the disk, they absolutely seemed to keep turning around the globe of the sun.

But, nothing moves that fast on the surface of the sun to the best of my knowledge. I would suggest posting that video to the UFO forum separately so maybe others might recognize what they could be.

I can usually identify just about anything, but that's not easily identifiable.

I was thinking maybe a satellite(s) orbiting the sun, but can't really find anything on that. I'll check some other broadcasts to see if those same objects are visible 5-6 minutes before the start of the eclipse.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Some really amazing pictures here. Post more if you've got them.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I haven't seen any other reports of unusual sightings from my fellow amateurs around the astronomy forums I frequent, so I figure it has to be much more "local" than the sun. Could have been balloons like I said during the webcast. I just wish I could tell what it was that looked like it was trailing it. Strings on the balloons maybe? Damn good resolution if I was picking that up. At first glance I thought it was an oddly moving plane, then when I looked closer I had my major WTF moment lol.
edit on 23-10-2014 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join