It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada's high court clears way for gay marriage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
hows the line go?...."gays should have as much right to be as miserable as the rest of us"

...but on a more serious note...why should the govt have any say in this? They don't decide who gets baptized, barmitzfa'd (sp), etc...why should they determine which 2 people can marry?

...and if govt has to be involved...the "terribly oppressive right-wing US govt" allowed its own citizens to vote on the matter...why are we in Canada denied that right?

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I don't see this as gov't involvement. I see them taking a step back saying get married, we'll stay out of "marriage".

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I don't see this as gov't involvement. I see them taking a step back saying get married, we'll stay out of "marriage".

Exactly! And to those bitching about it...they all seem pretty happy up there, maybe you should concentrate on your own problems.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   

People who judge others becuase of thier sexuality are a disgrace to human kind! What's this world coming to!?

I'm trying to say that marriage is something between a man and a women, not for same sex couples.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I think an important part of this ruling was that religious officials cannot be forced to go against their religion and be forced to marry a same-sex couple. Conversely, they are free to do so if they wish, obviously.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I'm trying to say that marriage is something between a man and a women, not for same sex couples.

Not anymore

Why should marriage be restricted only to heterosexual couples?
Why shouldn't same sex couples be able to get the same legal benefits as heterosexual couples, including those that come with marriage? They, too, are contributing members of society and IMO, should not be left out of the benefits that marriage brings with regard to taxes and other things.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Not anymore

Why should marriage be restricted only to heterosexual couples?
Why shouldn't same sex couples be able to get the same legal benefits as heterosexual couples, including those that come with marriage? They, too, are contributing members of society and IMO, should not be left out of the benefits that marriage brings with regard to taxes and other things.

heterosexual couples are just disgusting. It is against Gods law and its just plain gross. If I were president, I would place them on an island.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terminator363634
heterosexual couples are just disgusting. It is against Gods law and its just plain gross. If I were president, I would place them on an island.

Then we thank your God and his 'laws' that you are not President.

Let me ask you something, do you like blow jobs?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   

That's why you're not God, but some disgruntled member of an online forum.

There is still debate going on about this in the house of commons --for those who actual watch the question period-- and it all seems to be contested by the Conservatives --color me surprised !

They are still ranting on and off about how marriage is defined as an instituion between a man and a women. I doubt any head way will be made in advocacy of thier plight. They're trying to insinuate that this marriage will intervene on religious instituions, and a bunch of other crap.

The plurality of Canada has deemed marriage as between to consenting individuals, plain and simple.

Deep

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Now that's certainly a change of pace!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
The plurality of Canada has deemed marriage as between to consenting individuals, plain and simple.

Deep

Deep, you're in Alberta, right?
What would you say the chances are for same sex marriage to pass in Alberta under Klein?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Now that's certainly a change of pace!!!

I tend to get mixed up with words, i mean homosexual couples are disgusting

[edit on 13-12-2004 by Terminator363634]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Sorry, i mean homosexual are disgusting. I tend get mixed up with words

So you don't like blow jobs?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I would much prefer pussie, especially hot blonde chicks.

[edit on 13-12-2004 by Terminator363634]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   

What would you say the chances are for same sex marriage to pass in Alberta under Klein?

I am not sure. I never pay much mind to Canadian politics --to boring--, but from what I have heard, he'll be coerced by protesters till apocolypse now. I do hope it's passed though, regardless of what that idiot, Klien, thinks.

Deep

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I tend to get mixed up with words, i mean homosexual couples are disgusting

Aside from the benefits of procreation that result from heterosexual sex, what else is there to say that homosexuality is wrong, or at least not conducive for the furtherance of the human race?

The issue here is not procreation but being allowed to spend lives together within the institution of marriage.

There is, of course, the belief that man and woman b elong together in a relationship, or more precisely in a family to raise the offspring, but can we say this is something natural rather than something that is socially constructed? The ultimate results being this assumption of heterosexual nuclear families being right and natural being engrained in our brains as second nature so that it becomes difficult to question whether it is true naturally rather than socially?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Why? Do you feel compelled to pussy, especially blonde chicks?
Do you feel this attraction is natural?
If so, why is it so hard to fathom that it may feel natural for others to "swing the other way?" and deserve the same rights that you do.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I never asked you what your preference was, I asked you if you liked getting head?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

Deep

I also live in Alberta and the chances are not very good. Most people in Alberta are ignorant idiots, thats why they vote Klien. Not even as issue here anyways.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join