It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Hatred Of Islam Is Embarrasing & Pathetic!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Thank you for your kind words and tolerance!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Hatred is the epitome of ignorance!!!

Do you hate Israel? Do you hate so-called 'Zionists'?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidAmerican

Sunni & Wahhabi differences!!!

Pretty much all denominations differ from Wahhabism, it's the most extreme for of Islam, so much so that they follow the teaching of Al Wahab over the teachings of Muhammad.

I agree with your summarisation of a Greater Saudi Arabia...
It's a dangerous ideology!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

No I don't hate Israel...

I don't like the people who run the place though!

I don't hate Zionism, but I think it's abhorrent!
I use the word abhorrent in a repugnant sense!

But no hatred!
edit on 22-10-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I ascribe to no particular faith but am truly fascinated with all religions, more so the older they get. That said I find your conversation tolerant and interesting. It is always nice to talk to someone of a faith and see their beliefs first hand. If I may ask what sect of Islam do you ascribe too? Do you consider it to be the most truthful or do you find truth in other sects as well? One thing I think Islam should tout more than they do is that Jesus was a Prophet to them as well. The only separation is the divinity within Christ. I think many modern(younger) Christians don't buy the divinity aspect, or if they do it is not outlandish to accept the possibility.
edit on -05:00amWed, 22 Oct 2014 10:01:26 -0500am1020140122AM10 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Isnt it funny how hate speech breads hate speech
This thread is as hateful as the thread bashing all Muslims

This attitude is why peace can never be attained by people. This tit for tat reply does nothing but create animosity, angst and division.
just let it go.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

No I don't hate Israel... I don't like the people who run the place though!

I don't like what is in many organized religions ... but I care for the people in them.

I don't hate Zionism, but I think it's abhorrent!

Dude .. semantics.
Abhorrent - adjective - inspiring disgust and loathing; repugnant.
Synonym of abhorrent - hateful.

How you feel about Zionism is how people feel about organized religions.
What the organized religions pump out is abhorrent.
There is nothing wrong with hating that which is abhorrent.
You feel 'Zionism' drags people down and is unfair.
Many of us can point to how organized religions drag people down and are unfair as well.

I find it interesting though ... you say that you don't hate Israel but you also say that you don't like the people running it. And yet here I am hating most of that which organized religion pumps out but I'm caring for the people in those religions .

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

On the contrary that is not what is happening here. Our tit for tat as you say is friendly banter and we are gaining an understanding of each others thoughts and opinions. What is wrong with understanding, can people not have conversation and debate anymore with out becoming offended? I personally feel when one is offended it is because they are being forced to think about what they actually believe and it may be conflicting with their 'faith'.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Personally I'm a Sunni!

I do consider it to be the truest form of Islam because the other sects branched off after Muhammad passed!

Shia are also very truthful, but they consider that only descendents of the Prophet will be Caliphs or the Mahdi...
We Sunnis believe it will be anyone righteous enough not necessarily dependent on bloodline!

I agree with what you say about Jesus as well...
He is the most quoted Prophet in the Quran!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I used it in the sense that it is a repugnant ideology in this day and age...
I'm not hateful of anyone but sex offenders!
It's not semantics words have many meanings & definitions!

However you're entitled to your opinion as much as I am!

I don't see why I should care for psychopaths such as Netanyahu, I'd be no better caring for Al Baghdadi!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I used it in the sense that it is a repugnant ideology in this day and age...

And many of us see very repugnant ideology in organized religions ... ideology that has no place in this day and age. You hate so-called 'Zionism' for the same basic reasons that people hate organized religions.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Personally I think ALL religions are detrimental to humanities survival. I don't see how Islam is any less, or more crazy than anything Christian, Jewish, Janist, Hindu, scientological or pagan. (continue the seeming limitless list of religions/cults on your own)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

And the people (mainly Christians) who take advantage :

edit on 22-10-2014 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidAmerican
a reply to: borntowatch

On the contrary that is not what is happening here. Our tit for tat as you say is friendly banter and we are gaining an understanding of each others thoughts and opinions. What is wrong with understanding, can people not have conversation and debate anymore with out becoming offended? I personally feel when one is offended it is because they are being forced to think about what they actually believe and it may be conflicting with their 'faith'.

The opening post did not sound like banter, friendly or otherwise. Go reread it.

As a Christian, I can accept Muslims and their views, no I dont like the violence, have met genuine Muslims with out a nasty bone in their body. They are being ignored.
Its like saying Wesborough is a true representation of all Christians, its silly

This thread is stereotyping everyone, it causes division and animosity.

Thats sad

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Whats the deal with the 72 virgins? ..And these militant verses as another poster touched upon? (If Im misinterpreting, forgive my ignorance).

Im not one to talk smack about anothers beliefs, as Ive my own. But Ive always thought that I'd be uncomfortable following a religion with such teachings.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Islam is Violent

Plenty of verses from the Quran and the Hadiths promoting violence... so don't come this religion of peace politically correct nonsense.

...and YES the Christian bible is violent also...

..and no, I'm not religious. Religion is messed up mind control at best.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I'll consider respecting humans but not memes.

Memes are not people. There is no reason to respect them, honor their rules or tolerate them.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Except that Christians do not believe Jesus was a prophet. He was the Son of God. If you remove the divine aspect of Jesus, including the death and resurrection which makes salvation and redemption and forgiveness of sin possible, Christianity has no reason to exist.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The problem I have with this rant is that you are embarrassing yourself with a colossal assumption made about people.

Can you really read our minds? Do you know that those of us who make a post about a Muslim terrorist as doing so because we "hate" Muslims or Islam?

You should actually give people the benefit of the doubt. Most of us are informed enough to know that Islam is like Christianity - a religion with different sects, and those sects are going to have their disagreements. That being said, we also know that ISIS has made many threats to countries all over the world recently, and ISIS professes to be Muslim. So, it is not untoward to think that the shootings in Canada today are likely carried out by a Muslim extremist, just like the beheading in Oklahoma was.

However, our poor little minds are capable of some degree of subtlety. I know that the Muslim extremist in Oklahoma isn't connected to you or most other Muslims and so do most other posters here, but just like anything involving a Christian does not report the specific sect unless we're talking Catholic.

Basically, the news just says Christian, Catholic, Jewish, Muslim. As far as they are concerned, that usually does it. And as far as most people are concerned that's how we report it too, unless more information is demanded to make a differentiation. We are not going to write long-winded dissertations on the deep theological differences between differing sects. I'm Christian, and I'm not doing it for my own religious affiliation. Neither do I get deeply offended when someone fails to identify Baptist as opposed to Methodist as opposed to Nazarene so long as they don't clearly lump as all in together.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidAmerican
a reply to: boncho

From what I understand it was not supposed to be written down at all, but after his death there was some in fighting and it was written down by someone who knew him well but wanted control of the religion.

Precisely. So much for the unsullied word of god right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join