It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Hatred Of Islam Is Embarrasing & Pathetic!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidAmerican

No, it would be wrong of me to paint the Western front in such a way...

Those who wage war, is a specific term...

Disagreeing with someone is not waging war...

Killing people is...

Hence some see Jihad as righteous, including myself....

The Kurdish, Sunni & Shia Jihad against ISIS is something I'm proud to support!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I can see that, however they are more believable than quotes of Christ simply because Islam is 500 years or so younger. I don't know if they have been dated or traced to authors however..

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

That's true, & a vast amount of Muslims strictly adhere to the Hadiths...

I don't to be honest...
Some of them sound authentic...

Some of them are way to extreme for me to ever get behind!

Some Hadith are from centuries after Muhammad received the Quran, some are older and from a closer time...

However I think I'm right in saying that all Hadiths are from after his death!

But the Hadith are similar to the Gospels of the disciples in the sense that it's others speaking on behalf of, or paraphrasing the respective Prophets!

edit on 22-10-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Religion has always been a political tool, to gather followers and amass a large body of "believers" who can be called on from anything from trade to war.

It is very hard to find a peaceful religion.

And given that Islam, and all its nations, no matter the sect, interpretation, what have you, have been fighting in the Middle East since the birth of the religion (hell, even the religion itself was born in war) you will have a hard time convincing people its a peaceful religion, or that it adds any more peace than the violence it brings.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other
Mother Teresa

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidAmerican

I can see that, however they are more believable than quotes of Christ simply because Islam is 500 years or so younger. I don't know if they have been dated or traced to authors however..

The prophet didn't know how to read or write, and there are multiple interpretations which is why you have all the different "versions" of muslims. They claim the Quran is the only holy book which is true and original because it hasn't been changed, yet the person that wrote it never wrote it, scribes simply put his words down after he'd already died.

Prime example of why MAN, is simply not pure enough to interpret or spread god's words. They will always put in something for themselves.

Kinda like when M got caught with another girl and then suddenly god spoke to him and said "Hey man, its totally cool, I made those women for you to play with"

Muhammad's wife Hafsa once caught him in her bed with another woman—his slave-girl, Mary the Copt. Seeking to avoid further conflict, Muhammad promised that he would stop having sex with Mary. Later, however, Muhammad received one of his infamous morally convenient revelations from Allah.

Qur'an 66:1-2—O Prophet! why do you forbid (yourself) that which Allah has made lawful for you; you seek to please your wives; and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. Allah indeed has sanctioned for you the expiation of your oaths and Allah is your Protector, and He is the Knowing, the Wise.

www.answeringmuslims.com...
edit on 22-10-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I'll be honest, I do not know enough about your religion to hate it or fear it. But, continuing with my honesty, I'm not a big fan of ANY religion.

I think it would be a good idea to start a thread pointing out all of the misconceptions that seem to anger you so much.

It might help people better understand not only your religion but, also your frustration with their lack of understanding.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho
Religion has always been a political tool, to gather followers and amass a large body of "believers" who can be called on from anything from trade to war.

America has made the war against Islam a business to be exported. Business is good, especially for the war contractors like Halliburton, and others that manufacture and export all the material support that it takes to fight a war.

Most of these companies are publicly so if you don't mind getting your hands a little bloody...you to can profit in blood and pain.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

We do believe in 4 Holy Books!!!

The only thing is it's well know the Torah & Bible have been re-translated dozens of times so it's harder to take this day and ages versions seriously!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

From what I understand it was not supposed to be written down at all, but after his death there was some in fighting and it was written down by someone who knew him well but wanted control of the religion.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

When I say Western I mean the governments not the people as many of the governments hardly represent the people of those nations. We....America for example bombs Islamic nations daily, would that not be waging war?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

I'd be here all day and I really don't have that sort of patience I'm afraid...
Maybe one day I'll get there...

I appreciate the honesty in your response.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

The prophet didn't know how to read or write, and there are multiple interpretations which is why you have all the different "versions" of muslims. They claim the Quran is the only holy book which is true and original because it hasn't been changed, yet the person that wrote it never wrote it, scribes simply put his words down after he'd already died.

So I have seen in this thread that we can't trust the Hadiths because they were written after Mohammed died.
Now I am faced with this, that he didn't write the Koran, for two reasons.... that he was illiterate, and that he was dead when it was written.

ETA: Aren't Muslims supposed to emulate Mohammed? No need for schools if that is the case.

edit on bu312014-10-22T09:25:13-05:0009America/ChicagoWed, 22 Oct 2014 09:25:13 -05009u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Yes it would especially when Tony Blair called it a Christian War, it's an admission of a disbeliever...

Now this is where it gets tricky and people are labelled extremist or terrorist...
So I need to choose my words carefully!!!

It's the call to Jihad that counters such a War...
When children die in an airstrike, we the people & the government have no right to call those parents terrorist or extremist when they blow themselves up to avenge the death of their loved ones...
That is Jihad!

On the other hand you get people like ISIS who have waged war against pretty much everyone except Wahhabis...
I know who I side with...

& I know who I'd like to see annihilated, and its not the grieving parents!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Actually the Quran was written when Muhammad was alive, he recited that which was revealed to him!

It wasn't written after his death, it was about 24 years of his life's work!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Thanks for clearing that up.
But if he was illiterate, he would not have been able to proofread the final draft, right?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

No, but he trusted his companions and they trusted him...
Makes for good rapport when it comes to a joint project!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

I'd be here all day and I really don't have that sort of patience I'm afraid...
Maybe one day I'll get there...

I appreciate the honesty in your response.

Even though I don't particularly look fondly upon religions, I still like to learn about them.

Hopefully one day you will start a thread, I will certainly read it.

I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for you.

But, hopefully you can find some solace in the fact that not all of us can be bundled together in a group of people that judge your religion in the same way.

While there are some here that will never change their opinions, there are still many that truly have open minds to all things.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

See that to me is where it gets confusing. ISIS seems to claim to follow the purest form of Islam, the orthodox form if you like. Wahhabi Islam is an off shoot of Sunni Islam and relatively young among the divisions, correct? They also go by ahl al-hadith I believe. It is also essentially of Saudi origin in my understanding....which would make the ISIS connection a little more interesting, perhaps a Greater Saudi Nation is emerging. What do you consider separates Wahhabi from Salafi movements.
edit on -05:00amWed, 22 Oct 2014 09:44:33 -0500am1020144422AM10 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

No, but he trusted his companions and they trusted him...
Makes for good rapport when it comes to a joint project!

This is where we have to trust that Allah was watching over that affair.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join