It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These movie goers whip out their mobiles and are shocked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I think this is well done.
Really makes you think. I hope this message will get across to many many people.

sfglobe.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Embedding for you.

Great idea for a safety advert. Very clever. Sadly it was done by a car company (VW), nothing against them at all but these sorts of clever advertising should be being done by your countries road authorities. In Australia we have this amazing road safety ad that hits me hard each time I watch it. No actors, these people are gone. Really hits home.

edit on 21-10-2014 by Qumulys because: fixing links

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Nothing like driving the point across! Audience interaction is the best eye opener. Great public awareness campaign, who ever put that together was a genius. The only question I have, is how did they get the phones in the theater to ring? Unless the people are part of the entire ad.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Before It became illegal ... and very illegal... I would take a self made cellphone jammer into every movie I went into... those were great times.

Easy to make. And if you guys don't mind breaking the law ( a lot, now) you should do it.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Well, they say in the ad they used 'location awareness'. So, basically admitting to tracking these people down by the position there phone was reporting. A tad sinister personally I think, creepy even. But even though it's a great ad, I'd say it most certainly looks mostly staged. Although entirely possible, but only if those involved had location awareness turned on. Dodgy though... hmmm.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I love the message, but I do not love the way it was given quite as much.

I suppose I'm torn straight down the middle with it.

As with anything concerning safety one could always make the argument that the privacy aspect doesn't matter. Safety trumps all? I don't feel like it necessarily should. Giving up any privacy for things like this remind me of the days, weeks, and months following 911.

Again... I'm torn. I love the message and it was a new way to give it... But I do understand the concerns surrounding the whole thing.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
effective...

need i say more shure why not

cellphones+cars=death

ima driver bye that i mean i enjoy speeding fast turns high accseleration

i break the law alot on the road and have crashed 0 times... why when driving i put 100% of my atention to driving

i also have a flawles driving record i pay absolutaly 100% atention to the road

id rather have someone speeding bye me at 100+ than anyone doing 45 whall txting id take a drunk driver over someone looking at there phone or on it for that matter

the other week saw someone on the phone driving had to mess with them cut them off abit going faster than them they droped there phone hope it tought them when u drive u drive not use ur phone

i also am young comparitivly ... 30 so yea cellphones are my life ... but in my car they are nothing

when im driving im driving laws of the road are bendable but the rule of making shure what im doing i do the best i can is not a law its the only way if i where to ever crash my car and it be my fault i would be so disapointed in myself for failing whatever punishment i got for it wouldent compare

maby its growing up with disaplin idk but @#$% my generation should not be alowed to drive with a cellphone in there car i am ashamed of being in the same age groupe as them

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
This serves as a reminder, that apparently needs to be illustrated more often. That is because of witnessing this behavior when driving even though as it's common sense not to and is banned locally. While the video message is a effective method by cell phone call, 1) can't see every theater having the means unless donated to them by an outside source(such as VW here) to conduct it as such. Also that, if we as a people using technology don't monitor ourselves it leaves for invasive measures a free for all under the guise of protecting us.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Very clever. I must say though, the videos of people falling over things while texting and walking are very funny. I'm sure the youth of today will eventually develop hunches from staring down at their mobile phones all the time.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
That many people left their ring tones on in a theatre? How rude!

new topics

top topics

join