It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grizzly Bear Steals GoPro Camera, Shoots Close Up Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I know it's from Fox News and many of you don't like it, however, this article is very interesting:

Grizzly Bear Close Up

In a YouTube video posted by British visual ecologist John Kitchin, a young female grizzly bear takes his camera and proceeds to give an up-close-and-personal view of what it might be like to be swallowed alive by the North American giant.

The video is quite cool to watch, especially if you (like me), like bears. It's fun to watch what they do on this bridge that crosses a river that is full of salmon. The obviously like the bridge.

The video itself shows the bear (eventually) coming over to the camera and grabbing it. You get some close ups of the claws, nose, mouth and eyes. The bear picks up the camera and carries it around too.

Here is the video for those that can watch. It's something else:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

i really enjoyed this video
thanks for posting it hahaha it was really funny to watch.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Very cool video.
And hey, she actually saved the camera from falling off the bridge, before she chewed on it, so he should be happy about that too.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
That was very cool! Nice way to see one up close without the... you know... up close part lol

Lil

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

nice 1 needed the laugh

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Watching that brought me to a couple of conclusions. 1- I've gotta get with the new tech. If wildlife are doing selfies I gotta catch up.
2- Bears actually do crap in the woods. Looked pretty clean there.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Watching that brought me to a couple of conclusions. 1- I've gotta get with the new tech. If wildlife are doing selfies I gotta catch up.
2- Bears actually do crap in the woods. Looked pretty clean there.

ROFL!!!

Brings a WHOLE new meaning to the term: "Bare Selfies", right????

hahahahaha.

Would love to do something like this myself. But knowing my luck, the bear would take off with the camera......worse: He'd most likely upload pictures and post them on my Facebook wall!

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this video! Until now, that's a sight that not too many people have had, & lived to tell about it.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

This was great! I too am fascinated by bears but, at the same time they scare the crap out of me. Love to watch the videos featuring them and their antics. Would not want to run into one in the wilds though. I have enough just being brave around the gators.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
That was a great video indeed, awesome and up close footage of one of my favorite animals. If I could give you a star I would !!

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2manyholes

This was great! I too am fascinated by bears but, at the same time they scare the crap out of me. Love to watch the videos featuring them and their antics. Would not want to run into one in the wilds though. I have enough just being brave around the gators.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Gators????

You're certainly braver than me!! I see a gator, I'm running like a scared little kid in the opposite direction!
edit on 21-10-2014 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

LOL I am in a kayak and I do paddle in the opposite direction when I can. For the most part they are afraid of humans. If people will stop feeding them they will stop associating us with food. But I will never be in fresh or brackish water without my kayak. No sireeee!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Hahaha so cute!

When I was living in Canada a long time ago, I got to pat some baby (still large) black bears at a mall. They were really cute and playful - they had setup a slide for them and eventually one of them went down it. It was so funny. I think i'd pass on trying to pat a Grizzly though haha.

top topics

join