It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowplow driver collision with Total CEO's aircraf

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: flowofmysoul

Ah well thanks.
Attention, bad taste joke: Wouldn't be surprised if they were all drunk, they're Russians...
But nobody gave him an order to return to that runway at least via radio? Now maybe a phone-log-check could be interesting, or if he was talking to someone and whom, before he returned. We'll have to wait, for more info I guess. But it is very suspicious, Moscow Airport is not exactly Timbuktu.... They should know what they're doing with that volume of flights...

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
At this point the situation is still murky. Apparently Margerie had just returned from a visit to the Russian Prime Minister Medvedev's country home where he was supposed to have been talking about investments. Le Monde says that Total has big plans for Russia, notwithstanding the sanctions ongoing against that country.

I wonder if Putin's faction detected some kind of political meddling emanating from Margerie. Medvedev is generally thought to be opposed to Putin's line with Russia's "partners" in the West. He is believed to be more inclined to cooperate with western interests in Russia. Putin is holding the line against excessive western influence.

It would be in the interests of many western "players" to be rid of Putin. That's something he would be inclined to discourage, I think.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Pilot was informed and was aware of the fact that snowplow vehicle came back to the lane. However they did not have time to stop the plane, so pilot took a decision to continue, unfortunately he did not have enough speed and distance to avoid the collision.

some unknown source on Russian news.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
anyone claiming :

" this is not an accident "

needs a crash course in critical thinking

Just kicking the old conspiracy can around.
Not claiming the guy was assassinated by a kamikaze snow plow driver.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints

btw, driver is alive.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Now, is it snowing in Moscow enough to have a plow out? Did this happen in Moscow? I'm just a little confused about this.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yeap Moscow, don't know about the snow, but I heard vision was bad in that area.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
oh i do so hope putin is taking out the illuminati ,,i can see a few reasons why putin would be rather annoyed at the e.u/usa Bohemian Grove overlords.
and this would not be the first time russia would have took someone out .
buster crabb

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I just did a check and there is nothing listed as to snow in any possible amount in Moscow that would require a snowplow. I'm not so sure about what is going on here, I question why a snowplow would be out there. A couple inches of snow might require a salt/sand truck, maybe it was salting the runway.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Driver denies his guilt and says he was sober during the accident.
edit on 21-10-2014 by flowofmysoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Well I have tried to see if the Control Tower is 24 hours or not. Wiki says its the 4th busiest airport in Russia, but still hard to say if the tower is staffed 24/7.

If they werent, then the pilot would have been operating on a common frequency (UNICOM) and would check in and ask if there were any vehicles or aircraft on the runway prior to departure.

If the tower was open then it could have been that the controller forgot the snow plow was on the runway. They move very slow when on the runway and are hard to spot in low visibility ie. snowfall and could easily get forgotten at 12 am when most likely there was only 1 controller on duty which is common practice even in the United States on mid shifts.

Lots of factors to consider here. As far as not enough snow....if there is any accumulation of snow on the runway then it has to be plowed. It is not unusual to have snow plows on the runway for the entire shift when there is steady snowfall. Especially when a departure is scheduled.

If the control tower was open, then yes there would be a recording and I am sure that is being investigated. Don't hold your breath on getting any info on who was to blame. The investigation will take quite some time to sort out.

And yes in these situation everyone starts pointing fingers....it is the nature of any Airfieild Operations aspect of the job when something bad happens....the first question is always, Who is at Fault!?

-Atcgod
edit on 21-10-2014 by AtcGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: badgerprints
Not to be insensitive,
but this is a conspiracy site.
Wasn't this guy on the record recently saying that nobody needs to use dollars to buy and sell oil?
Seems that an industry leader advocating the effective dissolution of the dollar as the reserve currency would be the potential target of ...er...specific parties....hypothetically that is.

Because oil is traded with dollars we,...euro countries like france can not enjoy the drop in oil price. This has everything to do with the exchange rate. If oil would be traded with euro's it would be good for the european economies.....which is in shambles right now.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Yes,
If the dollar were no longer the reserve then nobody would have a real reason to buy dollars.
This would reduce the value of the dollar dramatically.
Big economic impact.
Possible motive for dirty deeds.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: badgerprints
a reply to: zatara

If the dollar were no longer the reserve then nobody would have a real reason to buy dollars.

Link about the dollar

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Some updates...

Driver comments: He lost his orientation in airport, weather conditions make bad visibility of the area. He did not see any light or sounds because his own vehicle was working loud, next he felt a hit.

In the beginning he did not deny that he was drinking alcohol, after meeting his lawyer he denied that. Now some news channels say he admitted that he always came sober on work, but he hided alcohol in tea thermos and sometimes drunk it with 'porters', eg his colleagues.

Medical test showed 0.6 ppm of alcohol in his blood.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Some more info :

BBC:
Total's CEO Christophe de Margerie dies in Moscow plane crash

Reuters:
Total CEO Christophe de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident: airport spokeswoman

The Corbett Report (skip to 8:20, if you are tired of Ebola):

It sounds suspicious, solely based on conflicting reports that the plane crashed on the runway vs. the plane took of, and landed shortly after.

I guess its just a matter of following the money?

edit on 22/10/2014 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The media outlets that ran the story initially were Bloomberg, Reuters and a few UK news sources.
Google CNN and ABC in the US didn't link the story for about 6 hours.
That tells me they are looking for a response from the targeted group who subscribe to those news services.

As for the plough driver drinking tea with the "porters".

Legal limit in the US for pilots is .4 parts per thousand I don't even know how you test for .06 parts per million.

Maybe they make you blow into a saxaphone and see how long it takes you to identify "plasticine porters with looking glass ties".

Goes nowhere..

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Some more news...

Data from airplane is being decrypted, for now no news as what they found there, but 4 members of air control operators are arrested. There was one intern who was in contact with the plane, however she was controlled and guided by a very skillful supervisor who saved many life's in past.

Lawyer said that there was a convoy of snowplow vehicles moving, driver of the last vehicle heard some noise under the car and went out to check it, when he came back he had difficulties finding the rest of his convoy. Because of that air control tower thought that all snowplow vehicles passed, but there was 1 left behind and that caused an accident.

I changed my mind, I think it was an accident. First of all he was not against Russia, second it would be too hard to other countries to arrange such a weird assassination, third too many factors goes in favor of tragic accident.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
The media outlets that ran the story initially were Bloomberg, Reuters and a few UK news sources.
Google CNN and ABC in the US didn't link the story for about 6 hours.
That tells me they are looking for a response from the targeted group who subscribe to those news services.

As for the plough driver drinking tea with the "porters".

Legal limit in the US for pilots is .4 parts per thousand I don't even know how you test for .06 parts per million.

Maybe they make you blow into a saxaphone and see how long it takes you to identify "plasticine porters with looking glass ties".

Goes nowhere..

There are rumors he only took around 100 grams of alcohol, based on analysis of blood. 100 grams of alcohol would not cause such terrible mistake. That is only my opinion.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Ok, last update and it pretty much confirms that it was an accident.
voice communications record.

There are 3 videos here, 1st with animation. 3rd video English part, communication with Pilot I guess.

Most probable mistake is the GPS tracker on snowplow vehicles, these vehicles did not appear correctly on the locator radar.

"collided with airport vehicle(snowplow)"... "how did it get there?"... "it(snowplow) came to the lane"... "why we did not see that on the radar?"... "no idea"...

And yea, probably driver reported that he left the lane before he actually did it. So driver mistake combined with problem on radar(they were talking of gps tracker) leaded to this tragic accident.
edit on 27-10-2014 by flowofmysoul because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join