It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook tells DEA "Stop impersonating users"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Apple and the feds are one and the same. Just like the police are the same as the military and the nazis are the same as our current government

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

So, I'm a little confused. Did this girl already have an account? And they made a copy of her account and re-added all her contacts and re uploaded all the same pics? Or did she not have an account but they set one up and began adding people she knew? If so, that would not be "impersonating users".

From what I gather, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, the lady had an account with FB and the police got her info off her phone when she was arrested and used it to set up a fake account using the photos and such that they got off her phone

So they were technically impersonating her account to bait the guy[s] they were after

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I am not a facebook user either but like you my friends and family would think I had finally come to my senses and started a account. I don't see how this is legal but in this day and age it seems the powers that be can do anything and everything in the name of national security or the war on drugs.

<< 1   >>

join