It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True warrior on terrorism

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I've never been able to place a face on the war, until I received an email from my best friend's father. Let me give you a little background. I've been friends with his son ever since we could hold up a Nintendo controller. Nearly two decades. His son is like my brother, therefore he is like my second father. I received the following email from him tonight/morning when I was debating on getting some rest.

He is stationed in Tikrit. Actually he's in the same area in which Donald Rumy got grilled by the US Military for undercutting them.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

He is --> 55 years old

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   
55 and still a soldier? What is the retirement age for combat soldiers?

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justanotherperson
55 and still a soldier? What is the retirement age for combat soldiers?

60 is the mandatory usually

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Danny, merry Xmas from Australia mate. May your God go with you into the unknown, his wisdom guide you, and his light illuminate the way. I wish you good health, saftey, courage and success and fulfillment from your mission. Return to your country and family a proud man, knowing you did your part.
Dont get your arse shot off ok!

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Wow, does this letter take me back to when my father was in Vietnam. Typical it seems of so many military fathers trying to be short and succinct in the phrasing. Wow, what a flashback. I wish all the men and women serving their country can come home soon. It is really hard on military families when a love one is overseas in a war zone. I send out a hearfelt THANK YOU to all military and their families.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Win soon and go back home to your family.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 05:24 AM
link   
may god be with you and all others fighting for our freedom...i hope you and all others like you will make the right decisions and come home safely...look after all the others like you and may they look after you..my prayers and my families prayers are with you..god bless

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Can you write this on a Hellfire for me?

"From Skippy with love"

That would be just great.

In all seriousness now (I really do want that on a Hellfire), stay safe, do what it takes to get your job done AND come home alive. Happy holiday!!!

[edit on 9-12-2004 by skippytjc]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Danny

Have a great Xmas and stay safe, We are all thinking about you and wishing you safe journey.

thanks you for doing what you do to keep us in a safe world,

Asala x

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Danny I want to thank you for serving in the United States Armed forces in order to ensure freedom for me and the American people. You are a true hero and from the looks of it a true warrior that likes to kick ass. We Americans thank you and honor you for your service to our country. God bless you.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Danny,
GOD BLESS YOU, and THANK YOU. You have my admiration, and my prayers are with you.

[edit on 12/9/2004 by superdude]

[edit on 12/9/2004 by superdude]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Nice story but no i will not encourage ANYONE to join the killingsqua.. sorry "amed forces". None.. getting payed to kill or be killed is whats keeping the cycle of violence truning over and over.

I am sure the guy is a great fella and i have nothing aginst him personaly but his biggest mistake was signing up in the first place.

I would encorage him to desert, run away leave the evil @%^!# to fight it out for themselves and join his family in exile far away from the genocide machine they call the US of A.

Peace!

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by zurvan
Win soon....

HAHAHA, Priceless!!

The wit, the humour... these Americans have it en masse!

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001
Danny I want to thank you for serving in the United States Armed forces in order to ensure freedom for me and the American people.

Can you tell me the last time US soldiers were defending US soil?

The Alamo? OR was that about taking Texas from the Spanish?

Come on.. the Iraqi army was about to cross the border from Mexico were they?

The only "freedom" the US army defends is the US "freedom" to plunder and pillage the third world, nothing more nothing less.

[edit on 9/12/2004 by Corinthas]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
Nice story but no i will not encourage ANYONE to join the killingsqua.. sorry "amed forces". None.. getting payed to kill or be killed is whats keeping the cycle of violence truning over and over....
Peace!

Sigh. Simulacra asks for good wishes be sent out to someone dear to him and this troll has to mouth off. Yes, feel free to speak your mind, but sometimes it's o.k. to just shut your mouth and protest another day in another way. (Don't bother flaming me Corin, you'll only prove my point more clearly)

Danny, Best of luck to you. Hope you make it back home safe. You have a great "second son" to think of you in this way.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Corinthas, you might want to turn around and take the boot out of your ass!!!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I am trying to see this from your point of view Corinthas, but I cant get my head that far up my a$$.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Haven't you ever heard of the phrase if you don't have nothing nice to say don't say nothing at all????

why do you people have to ruin the thread? You know you can go at it all you want via U2. The author of the thread (my short term memory is shot today...sorry) wants the soldier to see and read this thread.

please, have consideration for people's feelings.

Dude, I hope you stay safe this Christmas and return soon to your family. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Corinthas posted three back to back negative posts on this thread. Yes we can respond in a U2U, but Id like this fine soldier to see us defending him and his choice to be in the forces.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I think Danny and the boys might want their honor defended. Don't you?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join