It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola crisis: 1000 people monitored in US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I have not heard the number 1000 yet. Theses poor people.

As of Friday, about 1000 people are being watched for symptoms, have been asked to monitor themselves or have been urged to check with a counsellor at the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention. The group includes a handful of people who have been ordered into quarantine, a larger group that is being closely watched with temperatures taken at least daily and a much larger group of travellers who may haven flown on a Frontier Airlines jetliner used at some point by an Ebola patient travelling with a low-grade fever

I realize they are just being cautious as they should be. But, 1000 ?

Did selfish nurse #2 hide her symptoms and put all these people at risk ?

Separately, the World Health Organisation admitted it botched attempts to stop the spiralling Ebola outbreak in West Africa, blaming factors including incompetent staff and a lack of information.

I think we would all appreciate it if they would quit botching...

In the US, the fear of Ebola infection has spread from California to Connecticut - places where people have said they had symptoms such as fever or vomiting, prompting official responses such as sending people home or to hospitals for testing. Schools in Texas and Ohio have been been closed, and false alarms have been sounded across the country. The Pentagon in Washington also had a scare a woman who had reportedly visited Africa reported feeling ill. However, travel-related issues are to the fore.

How come almost everyone in America wants some kind of travel restrictions.

Yet, we are still stuck at "do no harm"?

Smh.com.au

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I don't want travel restrictions and I'm an American. I fail to understand why this has gotten so much traction on Ats of all places, we should know better and not succumb to hysteria.
edit on 18-10-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Hmm. Well they are tracking about 800 alone are the people who flew with or on the same plane as Vinson and interacted with her on her trip.

Another 48-100 in Dallas who were in contact with Duncan at the hospital (both times he was there) or at the apartment complex.

Not sure about the other 100. Maybe the people on the cruise ship.
edit on 10/18/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

I don't want travel restrictions and I'm an American. I fail to understand why this has gotten so much traction on Ats of all places, we should know better and not succumb to hysteria.

I think it will be a mad dash of sick people trying to get to America.

If your life and the lives of your family depend on getting to America.

You would do anything to get here if you could. I know I would.

Your chances of getting life saving treatment in Liberia are zero.

I would severely limit travel from the Region. I could be wrong...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Most of it is probably just regular flu and food poisoning.

But if it is air travel and Ebola, then it would follow a rapidly exponential or geometric curve given the number of days and incubation period.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I thought there were 400 or so on the cruise ship? I wonder if they came into this calculation.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Just seems to me like "they" can't wait for it to get really bad.
Something in my gut just keeps telling me something is not RIGHT!!

Not in a fear sense, just a feeling of so much deception.
I believe more have it then is even reported.

Boarders WIDE open.....WTH??
And the reason they give on why is just out right ridiculous
I'm just an average American and I know better!!!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

Sounds like not. Though the number will expand exponentially with each new confirmed case, which is why it is so critical (at least for the CDC in the movies) to track all contacts.

In my opinion anyone who worked on Duncan should have been in full quarantine from the get go for at least 40 days after he died. That does not appear to be the case at ALL.

Seems to me they had some pretty funky isolation/self-quarantine "rules" in place. Pretty fishy all around.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

You are right in a sense, ATS people do know better and aren't succumbing to hysteria. You see, SofiCrow mentioned back in March 2014, that Ebola could become an international pandemic.

We often get the gist of the stories much earlier than the MSM picks up on them. So when they do come around, it's kinda like, well yeah, we knew that already. But if you really, really believe the MSM, or rely on it for everything, I could see how you feel like an ATS thread is mirroring the MSM, but really, it's just saying, "well look, they finally caught on" or "See their reaction now, look at them dance and jump up and down, but we already knew..."

for ATS...

That was back before the CDC and WHO had lifted a finger and African's themselves (who hadn't yet experienced it) were claiming it was fake (Watch Video), just a rouse by the government to get money from the west.

Of course their opinion's changed once their family members all started knocking off. Part 1 Video, Part 2, Part 3.
edit on 18-10-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
meh, it is getting a bit hysterical now. I think the people being monitored volunteered etc. I think it is pretty well known now this virus, is not transmitted by airborne ways it seems it is only transmitted via infected body fluids etc.

If that is the case, why is there monitoring? Prob. because after the 2nd case it was proven people are irresponsible..

I think what I am concerned about is being around some irresponsible arse who is sick period and is walking around in public last I checked people do not want to be around sick people you call your work and say your sick, schools etc. and you stay away from people and get better. You do not go on airplanes busses or go grocery shopping etc.

I do not think Ebola, is going to be some wide spread plague in USA, I also do not want to catch Ebola, or the cold or the flu, etc.

So if people were exposed to Ebola, it does not hurt to be monitored.. I think h1n1, had a bigger chance of hurting us more than Ebola.. No disrespect to people hurt from Ebola..

The current affairs right now suck in the USA Ebola, in the USA caught us by surprise, and has literally made our current government administration look like clowns..

When it comes to what I think should happen with how this was dealt with once everyone is ok, is the bozo at the cdc who is in front of the tv all the time, he needs to get canned or whatever I do not want to give him another penny, we need a surgeon general a doctor's face in times like this are better, and one that tells us what is going on and not bull crapping us. Way to many lies or just stupidity in this ebola story the past week, it is a complete wreck..

I do not want another nurse treating anyone with Ebola like symptoms without the right protection and training.. Or doctors those are skilled workers and are valuable to our society's existence..

I think the nurse who took the flight to Cleveland, and returned to Dallas, knowing she was sick should at least give a formal apology and at least explain her actions on some form of media I do not necessarily think she needs to goto jail but wow.

Whoever was at the cdc and cleared her to fly needs to be written up.

Yet here is the thing, I do not think we know the whole story there, it is hard for me to believe that the cdc hotline said sure go on a plane when you were at ground 0 of ebola, in the USA and are now getting a fever.

Someone will need to be held responsible for what that nurse did or Somebodies.

I do hope all those involved sick and trying to clean the mess up get better and no one else in USA get's sick from ebola..

Anyhow I do not see any problems with 1000 people being monitored the human being's in this drama have been having a hard time doing the right thing from the beginning of the story.. Just maybe now mankind will begin to do what is right, fight for our species survival..

edit on b342014-10-18T16:34:10-05:00America/Chicago103176 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Its 3 confirmed cases. 3!
Are 1000 being monitored, possibly and rightfully so. It is still just 3 people in the country.
How about we wait to burn away our rights until the number of people with confirmed infections reaches say 5% of the American population?

This little more then the October surprise before the elections. Its politics playing the masses, and honestly, if Obama does put restrictions into place the GOP is just gonna flip the script again and start with the dictator narrative. Its the perfect set up for the Gop.to.sweep into power now and in 2016.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Well that is how the net of who was with whom that got with who that were with whom when that who got infected.

Infectious diseases are very tricky, you can not see it, but you can be close to anyone that could have it

Hopefully the ebola scare will die down, and beside just a few people infected it will be contained.

but then again is always that chance, just that chance that an idiot like those in our so call emergency agencies that monitor our safety and those that think they are invincible like the second nurse that got ebola their incompetence and arrogance can put the rest of us that had nothing to do with ebola at risk

I will wait two more months, ebola will either die down or we will find ourselves in a full blown pandemic.

Let see how it plays by the time the holidays are here.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Then you give too much credit to ATS. I seem to recall similar reactions to Swine Flu a few years back. Everyone on here was buying into the hype and making claims like it was a tool created by TPTB to cull the herd. Of course as soon as a vaccine came out the tune changed and suddenly the media and government were creating hype so people would get the vaccine which would in turn cull the herd.

I learned back in 2012 that, for whatever reason, ATS wants the worst case scenario to happen.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Right. How long has this been going on in Africa? Now all of a sudden fear and paranoia in America?
Does not add up right?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Hmmm it's almost like they know who will get it and who wont.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The new Ebola czar, Ron Klain, has absolutely no medical experience. He is a lawyer and political operative. He worked as an advisor in the Clinton administration, Gore campaign and recount, and Kerry campaign. Everything he has done is a failure. Obama is treating the Ebola crisis as a PR problem, not the epidemic that it is. More than 4,000 people have died in this epidemic which has now spread to Europe and the United States. Obama continues to believe that Ebola is not a threat and is inclined to believe the rosy, panic avoidance, rhetoric coming out of the CDC. The primary goal is not to stop Ebola but to calm the American people through bald faced lies. Obama is stuck on stupid. We will see more PR stunts like Obama hugging and kissing on nurses in Atlanta. Had he done that in Dallas, there would have been a real possibility of him contracting it. He is stupid enough to continue doing such things. I would not be surprised if Obama ended up contracting Ebola. How would that affect the PR effort?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Are 1000 being monitored, possibly and rightfully so. It is still just 3 people in the country.
How about we wait to burn away our rights until the number of people with confirmed infections reaches say 5% of the American population?

This little more then the October surprise before the elections. Its politics playing the masses, and honestly, if Obama does put restrictions into place the GOP is just gonna flip the script again and start with the dictator narrative. Its the perfect set up for the Gop.to.sweep into power now and in 2016.

Three confirmed cases? More than 4,400 people have already died from it.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Adaluncatif

Three confirmed cases? More than 4,400 people have already died from it.
Not in America, that's in Africa. And actually that is really not a lot considering how long this ebola has been around.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sophie111609
Just seems to me like "they" can't wait for it to get really bad.
Something in my gut just keeps telling me something is not RIGHT!!

Not in a fear sense, just a feeling of so much deception.
I believe more have it then is even reported.

Boarders WIDE open.....WTH??
And the reason they give on why is just out right ridiculous
I'm just an average American and I know better!!!!!

Yeah this storyline is akin to the gin up to the Iraq war. You know, because we don't want the proof to come in the form of a mushroom cloud.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I doubt it. The lab tech didn't have Ebola. I do think it could include the people who work at that lab. Including the one who went on the cruise Rolls eyes. Her or Vinson... I just don't get it.
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

top topics

<<   2 >>

join