It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Pope Ousts Top Vatican Judge Known For Incendiary Anti-Gay Comments

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   

In one of the more explosive shakeups in recent history of the Catholic Church, the second-most powerful man in the Vatican has been ousted.

American Cardinal Raymond Burke, a darling of conservative Catholics who is virulently anti-gay, has confirmed to BuzzFeed what rumors from Rome have said for weeks. He will be demoted by Pope Francis from the head of the Roman Catholic Church's version of the Supreme Court to a figurehead role as the Patron of the Knights of Malta...

Breaking: Pope Ousts Top Vatican Judge Known For Incendiary Anti-Gay Comments

Pope Francis continues to impress.

In my opinion the church will have to continue to take more moderate positions if they want to remain relevant to younger generations who are becoming increasingly tolerant.

Cheers!

Edit to add: Sorry for the "BREAKING", theirs not mine.
edit on 10/18/14 by soulshn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I am liking this Pope, it seems he really tries to 'walk in the shoes of the fisherman', for someone in his position a wonderful thing. Christianity should never be about 'Us' and 'Them', imho.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
What I've noticed over the years in regards to similar sentiment and behavior is when a person rails so heavily against an action or idea it's usually due to shame. Another words, this judge is almost certainly gay and goes out of his way to distance himself. In fact, wouldn't surprise me if he liked little children also. Just my thoughts...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamschist
I am liking this Pope, it seems he really tries to 'walk in the shoes of the fisherman', for someone in his position a wonderful thing. Christianity should never be about 'Us' and 'Them', imho.

A tempest in a teapot perhaps? Historically speaking, the Vatican has never, ever, ever reflected the ideals of said fisherman. They might present themselves as much but their actions reflect something more sinister. Therefore IMO someone who doesn't share similar ideals would never have been elected, seeing how they vote amongst themselves. Just saying.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

I hate that old anti-Homosexual supporters are secretly gay line. What a load of absolute nonsense. I'm anti-homosexual, not because I'm a homosexual but because it's against nature and is truly degenerate and filthy. Why do I care what another man does with his junk ? Because thanks to what that man is doing with his junk we have the Biblical apocalypse. It's nothing personal, in fact it's completely out of compassion for the entire human race that I'm anti-homosexual.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Emerald53

I hate that old anti-Homosexual supporters are secretly gay line. What a load of absolute nonsense. I'm anti-homosexual, not because I'm a homosexual but because it's against nature and is truly degenerate and filthy. Why do I care what another man does with his junk ? Because thanks to what that man is doing with his junk we have the Biblical apocalypse. It's nothing personal, in fact it's completely out of compassion for the entire human race that I'm anti-homosexual.

Yes, because homosexuals are from the devil, those evil bastards. Its time to drink your Ovaltine.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Just come out man...you know you want to. The truth will set you free.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

I am temped to respond to this post (and similar opinions like that in the article) with a very long and winding post, and we will end up going back and forth for pages...

But on second thought, this says it just as well:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

What a load of superstitious crap!! They are all just as natural as you are buddy and if there is a God like you believe, guess who created them.

Compassion for the entire human race except gay people. Real compassionate.

I'm sure you're also just as negative towards a couple hot lesbians going at it too, right???

Put down the book of Myths and Morals and try thinking for yourself one of these days. It's very liberating.
edit on 18-10-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I'm anti-dickhead, not because I am a dickhead but because I don't ever want to come across as you just have. I don't think I could sleep soundly at night. You need to get over your shame of other people's sexual activity and by the way - if so many of the people who are anti-homosexual didn't turn out to actually be homosexual, people would stop saying it.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Cleaning house. Wouldn't be surprised if the esteemed judge knew about the child abuse in the overall catholic church long before that knowledge became 'mainstream' (would surprise me if he didn't) and did little or nothing, at least publicly, about it. This pope is a go-getter, that's for sure. More please.

Here's Burke's Wikipedia page:
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 18-10-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
What I've noticed over the years in regards to similar sentiment and behavior is when a person rails so heavily against an action or idea it's usually due to shame. Another words, this judge is almost certainly gay and goes out of his way to distance himself. In fact, wouldn't surprise me if he liked little children also. Just my thoughts...

That's a bit of an assumption. I can assure you that I am strongly against rape but have never secretly raped nor wanted to be raped in my life.

No agreeing with Burke, just pointing out that one can be against something that he believes is wrong without secretly harboring a passion for it, although I agree that those who obsess about things (I know an upper class woman who is obsessed with human trafficking to the point she speaks of nothing else, day or night) do seem odd.

That said, the lesson for the good Cardinal is a simple one--get with his employer's program or GTFO. Apparently he chose GTFO.

An employer should be able to fire an employee for any reason, IMHO, and the Pope did just that as is his right.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamschist

To be fair, however, Jesus did hang out with prostitutes and adulterers and he said," Your sins are forgiven you," but he didn't stop there, he continued, "Go forth and sin no more."

Theologically, the Church does embrace homosexuality as a (for the lack of a better word) "condition," just condemns the act. ( I know, how can one differentiate the two.) Thus, a married homosexual couple would be sinning and would be setting a bad example for others, not just "being" homosexual and Burke's position would actually be closer to Christ's than the Pope's.

Regardless, It's all fairytales anyway and the Pope can do with his fairytale whatever he wants. It's all just made up when you get down to it so it doesn't really matter.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I'm a Gnostic Christian, but I must say, Pope Francis is doing the job right. IMHO, he is the best Pope the Catholic church has had in my lifetime.

God bless him.

Rev

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

That's a bit of an assumption. I can assure you that I am strongly against rape but have never secretly raped nor wanted to be raped in my life.

It's not a bit of an assumption, its a total assumption. What is likely fact that is also my assumption, is I have a better chance being right on my guess above than I would playing dice.

There is something fundamentally wrong with the Vatican, far far more concerning than their views on gays. The whole place creeps me out. If Satan existed I'm sure he's all up in there. Another assumption of course.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

You can be gay and you can be a pedophile but you can't be a gay pedophile.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Maybe they voted for him because it was a Hail Mary Pass to save the faith

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabiduria

Maybe they voted for him because it was a Hail Mary Pass to save the faith

Well played, well played.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Emerald53

Please tell me you don't have children and please never have children. It is completely out of compassion for the entire human race that I strongly suggest you never have children.

The reason people say that those extremist anti-homosexual (not all anti-homosexuals, just the extremists) are secretly gay is because it happens a lot. A big huge important person of the Westboro nut group came out of the closet and got kicked out of the church.

Homosexuality is not against nature, God created homosexuals and because he is perfect, he does not make mistakes. Everything has it's importance and sexual preference doesn't matter. It doesn't harm anyone, just makes hateful ignorant people like you upset. What if I was bothered by the fact you are heterosexual? What if heterosexuals are the abomination?

We have a biblical apocalypse? Really? That's asinine. Evolution is a bigger "biblical apocalypse" than LGBTQ+ people because there are more people who believe in Evolution than there are LGBTQ+ people. What about Catholic minsters molesting, raping & killing children, that's a bigger "biblical apocalypse" than LGBTQ+ because there are more Catholic minsters committing horrible acts to children & the the fact that it has been covered up by POPES, than there are LGBTQ+ people.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Didn't you know that Devil can create life?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join