It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am 29, and I believe in Santa Clause

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
Santa was created so that children would think because they are CHRISTIAN that some jolly ole fat guy would come and give them presents. It helped young children maintain their faith in god by spoiling them anually with lies and toys.

So anyhow, the story of St. Nicholas was turned into a fantasy (based on reality) by parents who wanted to entertain their children before bedtime with a story. It had that moral dimension turned into a form of blackmail, but not because of Christianity. It was because of desparate parenting. Sorry you were deceived about Santa as well as into thinking it's 'Christian mind-control'.

My child knows at one time a man named St. Nicholas would give gifts as a celebration for the birth of Jesus Christ, the gift to all mankind. We still celebrate that tradition for the same reason. She knows there's no reindeer, chimney sweeping big-guy or elves. She is very happy and excited about Christmas every year.

[edit on 13-12-2004 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
NO SNARKINESS ON THIS THREAD!

If the mods see fit to move it to BTS, then so be it. I don't care nor would I be offended or mind losing worthless ATS points.

BTW, wouldn't the 'flying reindeer' part be considered mythological creatures??

And yes, I have heard the magical bells.
Some say Santa is a mythological creature because the 'Santa' is an elf/fairy/gnome of sorts. In that sense, it fits right in here.

Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I believe in Santa. Santa is an 5th dimensional being in the North pole, where he runs a toy shop with merry elves, and where reindeers fly and the dimensional portal opens every christmas due to a cosmic realignment. Unfortunately, I never got a present, because I must have been a very bad boy -- plus I never really sent a letter.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Argghhhh.... I cannot stand this cheeriness.

If the reindeer are the mythological creatures, why don't you start talking about them? Huh? And how they would disintegrate at the near light speed they would have to be traveling to get to all the houses. And the gifts! Even if it was only one per child, imagine all of them! There would be atleast a warehouse full, most likely more! And what does it matter if Santa is an elf or pixie or whatever? Tell me what that has to do with anything!! Please!

And that bull# about the 5th dimension.... are you better than us because you are an "indigo child"? Nobody cares! It is all a lie! The f'in children with their f'in indigo colored skin won't do a damn thing to make the world a better place! You aren't helping by suggesting the fifth dimension theory. No, wait, it isn't even a theory. If I ate a computer, the # that came out my arse would be a better theory than that ever could be.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I say merry christmas and happy new year to everyone at ats.

As far as threads being moved.

Dont worry, its happend to me many a time.

An I still gets appluse from the TOP!

Oh as for santa!

Just leave a bud and some good munch, he dosent require much!

Im 25 by the way.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kompaktor
Argghhhh.... I cannot stand this cheeriness.

And that bull# about the 5th dimension.... are you better than us because you are an "indigo child"? Nobody cares! It is all a lie! The f'in children with their f'in indigo colored skin won't do a damn thing to make the world a better place! You aren't helping by suggesting the fifth dimension theory. No, wait, it isn't even a theory. If I ate a computer, the # that came out my arse would be a better theory than that ever could be.

My oh my, aren't we grumpy. I think someone needs a visit from the three ghosts of Christmas (psssssst: they're from the 6th dimension)

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I accidently rear-ended that guy after he slammed on the breaks at the mini-mall. He was upset that I didn't have the technical mastery of depth nor the psychic ability to know he was going to stop. 3-D is hard. What happened to 8-bit Nintendo? You had left, right, up and down. That's it! Deny the Z-axis! Okay officer, you may give me my ticket now, I just had to get that out.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Why aren't we talking about the mythological side of this? Huh? Huh?

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
good thread everlastingnoital

merry christmas everyone

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I really wish Santa's thre real thing so I could meet him and tell him straight on the face that I'm getting enough of having a bag of coal in my pretty red sock every year!

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
everlastingnoitall

Your thread is fine here IMHO. Good story. Who knows. I dont think it would eb a bad thing for all of us to believe in santa or at least the spirit of mr. clause.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I'll believe that extraterrestrial beings from another galaxy routinely visit earth before I'd believe in "Santa Clause"...

The cool thing is that if you have enough money, and means you could in effect become Santa Clause if you wanted too. You might not be able to get reindeer to defy the laws of gravity, and fit 300 or so pounds down a 3 foot wide chimmney but you could make some unfortunate children happy.

heh

Santa Clause in fantasy was at least always depicted as a human being.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This is nonsense. Nice one!

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Thank you....someone sees my point. Thank you slant.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I never tought santa was a beast or an animal or some sort hehe

But like it's been said erlier I believe in santa spirit like I believe in christian values hehe

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I believed in Santa up till I was 9 It was then I caught mom and dad wrapping presents and I scurried my butt back upstairs before I got caught. A few years later my little brother asked me if Santa was real and I told him that there was no Santa. Then he started crying and ran to mom and she reassured him that Santa was real. She got mad at me and made me do the dishes that night after dinner.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
And that has to do what with cryptozoology? Except for the part about finding out he wasn't real....but big whoop, we all know he isn't.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FLYIN HIGH
I believed in Santa up till I was 9 It was then I caught mom and dad wrapping presents and I scurried my butt back upstairs before I got caught. A few years later my little brother asked me if Santa was real and I told him that there was no Santa. Then he started crying and ran to mom and she reassured him that Santa was real. She got mad at me and made me do the dishes that night after dinner.

That's just wrong for mom to shunt the truth like that... and then punishing you to boot! Did you yell "Deny ignorance, mom!"?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Yep, I believe in Santa, because in my house Santa is me!
I remember as a young child, I SWORE that I heard the bells, heard the hooves on the roof above me as I lay. Even would have bet my soul that I'd seen Rudolphs shiny nose streaking across the sky.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
SANTA IS REAL!!!!!!!!

REALLY! I finally caught him this year ^_^ And I didnt fall into my own trap this time
-shakes fist at that darn rope that trapped her on X-mas of 2003-

Oddly santa looks kinda like my da- uh oh.....ummm....LATER

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join