It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Excuse being used now...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
So some of you know I work as a Paramedic. Yesterday I was working my 24 hour shift and we transported a patient to our local hospital. The charge nurse is one of my buddies, and askdd to talk with me. He said he had a woman bring a child in for fever. I dont remember what other symptoms, or if their even was any. He stated the mother said that they just got back from Texas, and that the child was seen at the hospital where the nurse was infected with ebola. He stated that they began to activate their ebola protocols etc. The grandmother eventually came in and stated that the mother was full of it. Long story short, the woman had never been out of state. She used the ebola excuse to try and get seen quicker instead of waiting in the waiting room...

I am in NC btw. I find it disgusting that this mother would even do that! I am not sure what came of it, and haven't seen anything on the news. I will try and find out more when I go back Monday. Is this going to be the new trend now? We are getting bulletins from the CDC about ebola constantly at work. We still have yet to receive any equipment or PPE to use if the situation arises here.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
She should be charged. Really, it's a public hazard to do that. They could quarantine the place, people stuck there for hours, wasted time for authorities (times they actually do their jobs).

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme
I completely agree! Very wreckless of the scumbag mother. Im not sure if she was arrested. I know our city police work in the emergency room as a deterrent. They are used alot if we have violent / psych patients. I dont think it got that far in thr aspect of quarantine. By the time we got there, everyone was going about as normal. I feel bad for the child. I do know if an outbreak were to occur here we had set locations in town for the field hospitals to be set up when the military comes in to help. People deny it but we all know it who works in this field. Just like our storages of 2-pam incase of a nerve agent attack.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LoverBoy

I agree that she should be charged - with the caveat that she should probably undergo a psych eval beforehand. I know that there are people in this world that damned selfish and arrogant - but, still, I would prefer to think she has problems over thinking that she's just that vapid and shallow.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide
Exactly man. My buddy said the grandmother acted like the mom does this crap all the time. On a side note, we did our fit test for our m95s yesterday. Our training officer asked alot of us what wed do if a large outbreak occured here. Most of us said quit lol. Can you imagine no 911?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

In my personal life I've been doing a LOT of talking about the fiasco that is happening right now. I live in Atlanta and actually have friends who work at the CDC and I cannot fathom that level four containment protocols have not been established or implemented correctly in any of the cases I've read about so far.

Nobody at the CDC would go near an Ebola patient in anything less than a negative pressure self contained suit with external air supply. Yet the anecdotal evidence is that healthcare workers are being told far less precautionary measures are safe.

Unreal.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I have a feeling this is just the beginning of the opportunistic predators waiting to come up with the next scheme.

It happened after 9/11, Columbine and even Anthrax. An example needs to be made before others think this is morally OK to do.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

People that pull this kind of thing make me sick. She is causing all sorts of problems for the hospital and wasting their time with her lies. There are other people in the ER that may be sicker than her kid and need to be seen first. Not to mention the emotional distress and fear, that comes along with the word Ebola, she may have caused for those that are already sick and don't need additional stress.

Absolutely appalling behavior!
edit on 17-10-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Absolutely! On the fire dept we have our tyvek suits with air pack's or respirators. We are told ebola isn't airborne but studies have shown it is. This ppe wouldnt help much. At EMS we dont even have the equipment yet but its supposed to contain a gown liquids cannot go through, as well as booties and a face shield. Thats about worthless. We cant even get iv supplies on time so no telling when we will get this "ebola ppe". Its sad..

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Maybe she will get her wish...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock
Hopefully its her instead of the child. And hopefully she will be on an island in the middle of nowhere..

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I work for a Medical Waste Disposal Company in Houston, TX. We conducted N-95 fit testing for THE major Hospital Group in Houston and the results were alarming. 1 out of 3 passed the testing. The Hospital told us to modify the criteria of the test to hit a pass rate of 95%, no questions asked, we did not comply and as a result we lost the bid to dispose of their Medical Waste. They went with another company that would produce their needs.

The problem with PPE for any airborne or aerosol is that the masks, eye wear, gowns, gloves either must be form fitted, or special ordered for each Staff to fit, of course budgetary reasons stop this consulting advice. Nevermind that it is hard for Staff to properly place PPE on their body in less than 5 minutes, much less seconds. The bridge of the nose is the main culprit. Mass produced masks do not work well for the majority of the Hospital Staff. 3M is the most common mask maker. They know this, the Hospital knows it. Medical Waste Companies know it. The masks do not work.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscov
Yep. We have the blue 3ms. I need between a small and medium but they went with medium. All they did was spray the nasty liquid under a hood and ask if u could taste it.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I hope by "charged" you all mean "punched in the throat."

At least legally.

Stay safe OP.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Falsifying anything that could endanger the public and cause a panic should be considered a crime. It can really be considered a terroristic threat because on a smaller scale it does cause fear and panic to the public at large. If there isn't a law on the books now, they better get one soon.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
She ought to be quarantined for 30 days, "just to be safe".

Even the vast majority of people with mental illness know right from wrong, so if she does have a mental illness, she still needs to learn that actions have consequences. Lying about something like potentially being exposed to ebola right now is a little like yelling "fire!" in a crowded theater, or saying you have a bomb on an airplane.

Crazy or not, it's wrong. She needs to be investigated by CPS, for starters.

"Shouting fire in a crowded theater" is a popular metaphor for speech or actions made for the principal purpose of creating unnecessary panic. The phrase is a paraphrasing of Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.'s opinion in the United States Supreme Court case Schenck v. United States in 1919, which held that the defendant's speech in opposition to the draft during World War I was not protected free speech under the First Amendment of the United States Constitution.

The paraphrasing does not generally include the word "falsely", i.e., "falsely shouting fire in a crowded theater", which was the original wording used in Holmes's opinion and highlights that speech which is dangerous and false is not protected, as opposed to speech which is truthful but also dangerous.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

The 3M Duckbill had the highest* pass rate, switch now, make sure the bridge of your nose is sealed. For men, SHAVE every day, for overweight or older Staff, make sure the bottom flap fits wrinkles, double chins, etc. I am serious.

We used a ppm computing device. It revealed major flaws in masks and Hospital Ventilation, especially in OR and ER settings. Hepa filters my A, they don't work either. Hospitals just want documentation for OSHA, NIOSH purposes, regardless of validity. This falls squarely on EVS in Hospitals.

2 out of 3 failed. We tried to advise Staff, but most could care less, they do as they are told by their Uppers. Any major airborne or aerosol pathogen will destroy our Health Care System.

edit on 17-10-2014 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
My dog ate my ebola. Perfect excuse for everything.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

It's all fun and games until people in outbreak suits show up

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

It's all fun and games until people in outbreak suits show up

It is always fun and games, even if its a costume party.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join