It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMPORTANT: Reporter live tweets aboard "Ebola Cruise"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
@ericlupher7news Picture of Captain's Letter.

Source

This is very important because the Ministry of Health in Belize has stood by their claim that the suspected case on board is in fact showing symptoms

Source

The reporter says people are still eating at buffet and enjoying themselves as though nothing is wrong!

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JG1993
@ericlupher7news Picture of Captain's Letter.

Source

This is very important because the Ministry of Health in Belize has stood by their claim that the suspected case on board is in fact showing symptoms

Source

The reporter says people are still eating at buffet and enjoying themselves as though nothing is wrong!

I'm never going on a cruise, seem they are always in the news with people getting sick in droves...so many people in close quarters on boat in the middle of the ocean is a recipe for disaster.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
This isn't surprising. You see how people on the mainland are reacting, simply going about their daily lives.

Completely complacent, figuring the authorities can and will handle it effectively and clear it up in a timely manner.

Plus they paid money to be there, and the person is most likely isolated and poses no threat to the passengers and crew.

*sarcasm*

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JG1993

This is amusing to an extent, although, I do sincerely fear for those on board. I never want to see anyone fall ill to Ebola, let alone spread it to (possibly) large amounts of other people. The only reason it's amusing is because I'm very curious to see how the whole Ebola issue will play out over the next several years. Will we find a cure? or will it kill off a large percentage of the worlds population? (Excuse my sensationalism)

Anyway, what would their options be? Quarantine the ship, and test everyone on board before they were allowed to leave?

On an insensitive note: This might make a good plot for a movie.

Thanks for sharing.

link   
So a guy working in a lab where this disease was contained, is possibly infected. If this is the case, exactly how did this happen. If you are doing tests in a lab, especially working with this disease, you would expect the correct protocols to be followed.

Now, if he is infected, although the Tweet by the journalist suggests he hasn't shown any signs, then I would suggest the advice given, regards the risk of infection, needs to be ripped up and revisited soonest.

link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

The captain assured there was no symptoms 3 times though. That must count for something right

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JG1993
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

The captain assured there was no symptoms 3 times though. That must count for something right

Yeah, you would think.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This how pandemics spread, already is prof that the staff that attended Ebola man Duncan could be contaminated due to the way his conditions was handle in the hospital and the truth that he visited that hospital twice.

Anybody that had been in that hospital could be a possible carrier until they pass the incubation period.

It doesn't stop to amazed the arrogance and carelessness of those that think their are invincible, CDC needs to get their head off their rear ends and impose strictest rules, Guess what people, arrogance can kill when it comes to ebola.

If the person is clean fine, if the person is sick good to have that person in isolation.

Better safe than sorry.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

The updates on your source's site say that the person is not showing any symptoms and is past the 19 day time period. Plus the person is in quarantine on the ship.

There's too much fear and knee-jerking happening over this Ebola issue.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Let wait two months and then I could either say I told you so, or hey, you were right, right now, is better to be safe than sorry.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Me and the people I work with are a bit concerned, though so far I have yet to hear any guests discussing the matter.

As you can Imagine, my ears are wide open and if I hear anything, I will post.

Keep up with the news!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Safety precautions and various protocols are things that I've seen disregarded the most at two of my old jobs. Was I working with a virus? No. So that right there probably makes this a moot point - However, I was working with plastic medical parts. In fact, my last two jobs involved assembling and molding medical plastic parts to be used for surgery and other operations.

Like I said, it's no Ebola virus, but the higher-ups at our factories were really careless about various protocols. Several people were allowed to work while they were sick (coughing, sneezing, wiping their noses on their smocks, etc.). The last job wasn't that bad, but a machinist still cut himself pretty bad and bled through the clean room.

My point is that protocols sometimes don't mean jack when a moron is running the show. These incidents at my workplace happened a couple years ago, but still I can't help but shake my head and be a bit frustrated with the companies.

Is that the same as how this guy ignored protocols while working with Ebola? I don't know - But it's just an example of stuff that I've seen first hand (on a slightly different scale, obviously).

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysticrecluse
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

My point is that protocols sometimes don't mean jack when a moron is running the show. These incidents at my workplace happened a couple years ago, but still I can't help but shake my head and be a bit frustrated with the companies.

Is that the same as how this guy ignored protocols while working with Ebola? I don't know - But it's just an example of stuff that I've seen first hand (on a slightly different scale, obviously).

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is how I see, it, too, before the blunder of our own leaders "protocol" dealing with one, only one sick man with ebola we can pretty much say that what could have been just one isolated case could turn into just a few more once they get their heads out of their rear ends or a full blown pandemic.

The sad thing is that time will only tell.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

The updates on your source's site say that the person is not showing any symptoms and is past the 19 day time period. Plus the person is in quarantine on the ship.

There's too much fear and knee-jerking happening over this Ebola issue.

No, actually, but thank you for taking the time to read them. Perhaps your comprehension skills are lacking.

The first source, yes.

The website from Belize has been updated to show the person is a lab worker and that the government of Belize was contacted by the American Government

Belmopan. October 16, 2014. The Government of Belize was contacted today by officers of the U.S. Government

but the Ministry of Health's statement stayed the same, unedited in that source, and has since been removed from their Facebook.

This would mean the agency statement and the government statements are different, which isn't an occurrence that should shock the world. Alarming nonetheless.

I tried to find the story on channel 5 belize but it is now gone as well.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Let wait two months and then I could either say I told you so, or hey, you were right, right now, is better to be safe than sorry.

I agree, but I think we're seeing too much fear and panic over this issue. I wish Obama would just man-up and cut off travel from Africa and set some minds at ease. Maybe then people will calm down and maybe I can read the recent posts on ATS without sifting through a sea of Ebola threads.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Belmopan. October 16, 2014. The Government of Belize was contacted today by officers of the U.S. Government and made aware of a cruise ship passenger considered of very low risk for Ebola. The passenger had voluntarily entered quarantine on board the ship and remains free of any fever or other symptoms of illness. The Ebola virus may only be spread by patients who are experiencing fever and symptoms of illness and so the US Government had emphasized the very low risk category in this case. Nonetheless, out of an abundance of caution, the Government of Belize decided not to facilitate a U.S. request for assistance in evacuating the passenger through the Phillip Goldson International Airport.

Update From Carnival Cruise Lines: John Head, Carnival Senior Cruise Director wrote on his FaceBook Page:

“Late afternoon on Wednesday, Oct. 15., we were made aware by the U.S. CDC of a guest sailing this week on board Carnival Magic who is a lab supervisor at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital. At no point in time has the individual exhibited any symptoms or signs of infection and it has been 19 days since she was in the lab with the testing samples. She is deemed by CDC to be very low risk. At this time, the guest remains in isolation on board the ship and is not deemed to be a risk to any guests or crew. It is important to reiterate that the individual has no symptoms and has been isolated in an extreme abundance of caution. We are in close contact with the CDC and at this time it has been determined that the appropriate course of action is to simply keep the guest in isolation on board.”

Is that not what is posted on your source's site? That's exactly what it says. Therefore, my statement would be correct. I didn't say anything about where that statement came from....just that it was an update on your source.

Yet, you want to question my reading comprehension?

How rude.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

And. . . you know that he already said that stopping traveling from infected countries is counterproductive, I wonder where that come from, because is not reason why air travel to infected areas be allow to bring help, just don't allow visas to be given away.

Then it could be another conspiracy angle to the word counterproductive and that involve millions of dollars on trial vaccine

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mysticrecluse

I see your point I really do. So, what's the point of them if people are ignoring them?

By the sounds of ineptness, we are all heading for the great conspiracy site in the sky. Oh well, it's out of our hands, literally.

edit on 17/10/14 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Counterproductive.....that means the airlines would lose money. Can't have that can we?

Cut off outgoing travel. Period.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Yes, that is how it sounds like it, but we know that is much more to it that just losing one or two passengers that leave ebola ridden countries to stop around Europe before getting into the US.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join