It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: CDC 'SWAT' teams will combat Ebola

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Washington (CNN) -- President Barack Obama canceled a campaign trip at the last minute to stay in Washington and spearhead a more aggressive national response after Ebola infected two nurses and frightened Americans with the prospect that their health system is not equipped to handle a catastrophic medical event.

Obama said Wednesday that monitoring of Ebola must be done in a "much more aggressive way." He continued, according to the pool report, to say that as soon as someone is diagnosed, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention must have a rapid response team immediately on site.

The White House is taking this very seriously at the highest levels. The President made the comments after a special meeting of his Cabinet that was convened to address Ebola and came as one of the infected nurses in Texas was transported to special hospital facilities in Georgia for care.

CNN

Is this the beginning of martial law? Now the CDC will be armed with SWAT teams when responding to infected? Who do you feel about this? Have they done enough so far or is this a welcome move by the government?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I think what this means is that the people showing up will be rapid responders, and have heavy-duty equipment that is suited to highly deadly & infectious diseases. I seriously doubt snipers and guys with riot gear are going to show up over a case of Ebola. Bullets and kevlar aren't very good against a virus.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Sit back and watch the play! That's all I can say. (Oh, and guard your 2A as if it were gold.)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

I was thinking of posting this thread but they don't quite say what they mean. I am sure they mean critical response teams and using SWAT was an awful choice of words.

I was thinking today how odd that has to be to find out your neighbor is being watched for ebola and all of a sudden when you go to get the paper these teams are out on the lawn in full level 4 gear while you have your coffee in your hand. Id just go back to bed...for a week haha

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
If you're in public and feel a sneeze coming on...hold it.

It could kill you.

Can't help feeling that Obama loves this stuff now that he gets to play judge, jury and executioner with people scared enough to allow him.

I am truly scared for American citizens. Canada is next tho and Harper is Obama's little buddy.

Peace

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

The White House is taking this very seriously at the highest levels.

The puzzle pieces are falling into place as planned.

The scapegoats will be here soon.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Frieden's days are numbered.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Aren't SWAT teams pretty much the CDC's raison d'etre?

At least that's what they've always said...before this.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

President Barack Obama canceled a campaign trip at the last minute to stay in Washington

HOAX bin. No way he cancelled.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Hey, the government has to do something with all of those bullets they purchased over the past year or so...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I have to say, the still incompetence of the government handling ebola is just out of this world.

Now Amarillo Texas have a hospital on lock down because a possible ebola case, that claim it has not been out of the country but it had contact with somebody that was infected from oversea, it has to be Duncan.

This breaking news now.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I feel uncomfortable with this. There are other options that could have been implemented before a SWAT team. For example, they could have actually trained and prepared our hospitals, like they said the did. So many other illnesses have the same initial symptoms. It could be a slippery slope and/or easily abused. It also seems like an excessive reaction since "they have everything under control and we have nothing to worry about." (sarcasm)
edit on 10/15/2014 by blackcatmagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Seriously folks....SOMEBODY better have a plan.....
The spread could be accelerated through a different type of ignorance than what we saw and are seeing happen in Africa.......Do you suppose YOU are far more civilised than they are???
Think again when the chips are down.....
People will not do what we now consider to be the rational thing if they suspect they have it,.....they'll do what we do best
PANIC>>>! instant fight or flight......when it takes control rationality leaves completely.......
Mob rules.....

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
yep i can see it now,
10 man teams all dressed in black tactical gear over their hazmat suits,carrying M4's and on the back of the vests CDC in big bold white letters.
first they shoot in CS Gas through the windows and flash bangs , then they bust in,yelling quarantine! quarantine! quarantine! quarantine!, stop resisting! stop resisting! stop resisting!. then they shoot the dog, the cat and PaPa, kick momma while she down bust jr. upside the head.
then they are followed by the HDIC, asking are you having any head aches, feeling any nausea, fevers so and so on, then he breaks out his copy of the Executive Order 13295, Executive Order -- Revised List of Quarantinable Communicable Diseases.
and starts to read you the rights you do not have any more.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

I guess that is why our police has been militarized the most and now the cure and control of ebola is to have swat teams handling the unruly and uncooperative.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
CDC Swat teams? Are they going to burst in and shoot the patient?

Seriously though, at least it's something. If it had been protocol prior to Duncan, we may not have been in this situation.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom
This was how I interpreted it, too.
Obama seemed verbally impaired in the presser. I lost count of the "ahs" and "uhs," which could be attributed to lying (classic sign) or not being prepared. "SWAT" team was an unfortunate choice of words imho.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
From the source,

Obama said the CDC would deploy new SWAT teams within 24 hours to any hospital with an infected patient. He also promised that the federal government would review contacts made by infected people before they showed symptoms.

This sounds like a search and destroy to me

Swat teams in suits like another poster said demanding entire families to turn themselves in or else.

Fema camps anyone?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Obama is talking about experts who have field experience treating ebola patients in Africa..

time.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This is exactly what they should have done in the very beginning when Duncan was first diagnosed.

Actually, I think the word "SWAT" was used by a member here in one of the first ebola threads. I'll have to look for that. Maybe someone in government saw it mentioned here, and realized this was a good idea.

They should have expert emergency medical response teams ready to go at a moments notice. They need to swoop in and take care of the situation. They should supervise and coordinate with local health workers, and oversee every single thing that is done.

This is one situation where we need some kind of experts, even if it is the government. Obviously this kind of dangerous situation requires an expertise that is not available in every hospital in the US. The CDC should have known this. They had years to study and plan. Ebola is not a surprise. That they were caught off guard is unforgivable. They should have had these SWAT teams ready from day one.

EDIT:

Found it! www.abovetopsecret.com...
See! An Ebola SWAT team was ATS member jefwane 's idea!

edit on 10/15/14 by BlueAjah because: added link

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join