It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my first encounter with US-visit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
for those who dont know, i just left australia to head back home to canada. this is probably no big thing, but it bugged me a lot. i have one connecting flight in the US. through customs, i encountered this program called us-visit, which pretty much digitally logs every passenger that passes through US airports via two index fingers and one head shot, regardless of time of stay. im actually in LAX on a internet kiosk right now with 1min left, i'll have to repost later. til then. dfh out.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Hey man ..have a safe trip back home..

it must be a nightmare for all people in your situation,I wonder what the whole flight industry makes of all this.It just can't be good for business...
It's like that movie 'Escape from L.A;' or demolition man,you know where there's an Underground society and another one above..'Brave New World'..etc..
anyways 'I hope you get some kind of a reconpence in the food department on board your connecting flight bach home...with a glass of bollinger to go with that meal....

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Its called security and its the result or a post 9/11 America. If you dont like it book a direct flight to Canada or one with a stop over in another country.

[edit on 8-12-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
One one hand i'm really sorry for your inconvenience, one the other I am happy to see that atleast one of our airports are looking out for us.

Hope you had a safe trip home. When you have more time maybe you could tell us more. I for one would like to know these people were kind to you while taking your picture and getting your finger prints.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Its called security and its the result or a post 9/11 America. If you dont like it book a direct flight to Canada or one with a stop over in another country.

Exactly, when I flew into Texas from Amsterdam I was X-rayed four times, my bags were searched and manually inspected as I stood and watched. Not to mention my entire body was analyzed for radiation. And I'm American!

It's the modern day version of the walls of Troy.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Wow, when I flew in from Korea they didn't even search my bags or anything, (that I know of). I wonder if they trusted me just because I'm in the Army. Doesn't seem like a very good reason, though, since being in the Army I have access to classified information and weapons. I'd almost think they'd search me before they searched a civilian. I flew through customs and immigration no questions asked, though.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
ok, made it back home, in one safe piece.

to straighten a few things out, i took this flight due to money and time issues, else i would have booked through hongkong or something like that.

yes, i understand it is security, but how far can or are you willing to take it. i would consent to them having a record while i was in the country, but would prefer them destroyed after i left, but whats the chances of that, now im "tagged". heres a question though, do they require this on the american/canadian border as we cross over? i dont think so, and thats why i somewhat object.

the entire process was not friendly or rude, it was professional and straightforward, ie; finger, finger, face, done. plus you get all the other usual questions at customs like intent of stay and etc. i thought about refusing to have it doen, but then decided that i didnt want to start a scene or issue out of it all, i mean i have nothing to hide. but then maybe i should have atleast tried.

i had no idea that this was a new procedure, so was pretty much helpless in having a say on the matter, however, that could be contributed to myself not doing the research on the update policies.

so over all i dont really care, but am still kinda pissed off that they have my prints and headshot.
dfh out.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
That information is only used to round people up when we invade their countries.

Let's see... Canada... ah, here we go: you can breathe easy for at least 7 more years.

So don't sweat it!

new topics

top topics

join