It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dig In For Apocalypse In A Practically Invisible 'Bunker Moderne' Home

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Thanks for the post! Interesting house for sure but I certainly wouldn't call it a bunker in its current condition.
I have plans for an "earth-sheltered" house I designed a few years ago. I even have the spot picked out for it. The only problem is that I don't own the spot I would put it....sigh...so unless I win the lottery I don't see ever getting it built. I would have loved to have built one when we built our current home but our property doesn't have a spot to properly spot one.
I've seen a couple of these places that were, for the most part, invisible from casual observation. But that was in the hills of Kentucky, not California and the places I've seen didn't cost an arm and leg to build and maintain.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SpartanKingLeonidas

did you say steel reinforced concrete ?...surely just a few passports and some jet fuel should make that sucker explode into dust.....

that is quite neat if i had the cash to do something similar i no doubt would

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I am disappointed Western governments do not revamp their old shelters to current standards.
Survival is a community effort, and an elected government should strive to guide that effort.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Thats not a bunker, this is a bunker:

edit on 17-10-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   

It's very nice, i'll take it!

Cheapest and most efficient way to build an UG home, is to pick a gently sloping site, like a natural hillock, hire a digger (JCB etc), dig a large circular trench to the depth you want your home to be at, let's say 15 feet or so deep and make the trench a couple of meters wide in a ringed circle...the dirt removed from the trench is piled up in the centre of ring, building an earthen dome shape who's top is just above the ground surface.

Next, lay a combination of thick plastic sheeting / bitumen sheeting over the earthen dome, and then lay sheets of metal / re-bar / heavy gauge wire over the plastic and bitumen...then pour concrete over the entire earthen dome, better still an easier way is to spray the concrete on.

Make the concrete as thick as you like, but i'd go for at least a foot thick all over...when set hard, the concrete creates a solid dome, the top of which is just above the ground level.

Next, dig out all of the earth that was taken from the trench and used to make the dome, and you're left with an empty, free standing concrete dome (as large as you decided to make it).

The earth you removed from under the concrete is then piled up on top of the concrete dome, and grassed or planted over.

A central skylight in the top centre of the dome could be added for natural light if desired.

The entrance is dug from below and slopes away with the natural slope of the land (to avoid flooding entering the dome) and the floor under the dome can then be dug and poured, and internal walls and divisions can be installed in the concrete dome. (extra rooms can dug beneath the floor of the dome further down)

The beauty of this method of UG construction is its relative simplicity and speed of construction. And stable temperatures all year round, which eliminates much of the costs to heat and cool and property.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
(SKL! How the hell are you?! Good to see you again.)

This is way cool. I want too! I've wanted to live in a cave for a while now but this is better.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Looks like a real nice place to live, i would take it over the council home i have in sunny Glasgow any day of the week.

It beats the current location I'm in now.

Nosey neighbors, mindless zombies, and people who cannot park.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

Lovely home - but not even vaguely "invisible"!!

I didn't write he original story.

Nor did I fortify and or create the place.

I would go a different route.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
That house is amazing! You would still be alot safer there than many other places even if it isn't invisible, it blends in quite well and it would last forever so would be a good investment.thats actually a pretty good price for what you get and the amount of land if that was here it would be way more!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join