It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BOSTON: Medical crews surround aircraft at Logan Airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It seems medical teams at Logan Airport are in the process of removing 5 passengers (with flu-like symptoms) from the aircraft. The medical crews are dressed in "hazmat" suits as a precaution only at this time. The passengers are being whisked to area Boston hospitals now for evaluation.

A Massport spokesman told NewsCenter 5 that five passengers on board an Emirates flight had become sick with flu-like symptoms. The plane, Emirates flight 237 that had arrived from Dubai, was surrounded by ambulances and emergency responders in white and yellow suits. Read more: www.wcvb.com...

Source

ETA: None of the passengers were arriving directly from west Africa, but from Saudi Arabia. However, they did hear them talking that they were in Saudi Arabia for the religious pilgrimage there.

Actually, it's good to see them take a more serious set of precautions here, considering "my other half" works in one of these area hospitals. Although, she had the day off today fortunately.

As we hear more, I'll try to update the thread.

ETA: BREAKING: According to the local news here it is begin reported that one of the other passengers on the plane has stated that one of the sick passengers were placed in a protective garment before being taken off the plane. The sick passengers were reported as coughing and sneezing throughout the flight.

ETA: BREAKING: The news conference reporting (doctors there) explaining to the public that they may see more stringent or heightened medical response in the coming days. This is only done out of an overabundance of caution, and does not mean it is confirmed Ebola.

edit on 10/13/2014 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/13/2014 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This reminds of The Strain.

On the other hand, I guess I should avoid using airports until I've fully recovered from my cold.

Edit: looks like an EK 200LR for you plane geeks
edit on 13-10-2014 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

This sounds like a possible attempted terrorist attack. The "bomb" went off prematurely.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

I used to work on a train. When a passenger got on that was coughing and sneezing and oblivious sick, other passenger would shunn them. No one would sit by them and you could see the hate in the healthy passengers eyes.
They were treated like a leper, but usually got the message.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: stellawayten
a reply to: Krakatoa

This sounds like a possible attempted terrorist attack. The "bomb" went off prematurely.

Maybe not even attempted. How many sick ebola patients would have to flown over here before our system is broken down? We wouldn't send them back. We would send them all to the Er for free health care. Just how many would be needed before our system comes crashing down?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
If they're not going to cancel incoming flights from suspect nations, can they at least suck all the air out of the cabins for the duration?

Germs probably can't live in a vacuum, right?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
lol
a reply to: signalfire

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
And the healthy passengers?
Not much mention, we should assume they're going to self monitor their health? Call the hospital if they get symptoms?

Let's hope this is just food poisoning or something

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Did they have the fish?

(sorry, so sorry -- I couldn't help myself)

originally posted by: snowspirit
And the healthy passengers?
Not much mention, we should assume they're going to self monitor their health? Call the hospital if they get symptoms?

Let's hope this is just food poisoning or something

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
So now we have flights not even originating from Africa where passengers are being held on board and hazmat teams are boarding. Then they are questioning and removing 'suspect' ill people.

Personally, that would scare me a lot. How long before people are too afraid to fly because not just the ebola worries but just because they don't want to end up on a flight like this?

I totally agree with being cautious given the seriousness in Africa but this really could bring down air travel.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Please contribute additional comments to previously existing thread located here.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

top topics

join