It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital has tested positive for Ebola

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
How many patients did she see after Duncan? What were her activities before developing fever on Friday night?

Contact trace that and it seems evident that we are imminently in an "oh #" moment.

I just don't see how we're not?

The more important question is, what were her activities after developing fever on Friday night? That is, unless you don't believe that the virus doesn't start shedding until symptoms develop. But think about this: no one has been diagnosed with ebola who was on the planes that Duncan was on or the airports he was walking around (before he exhibited any symptoms), and it has been 21 days since he first got on a plane.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack
Is it a case of stupidity or hubris? Or does the man at the CDC suffer from OCD? A compulsion to keep his mind closed? A compulsion to adhere to his beliefs--beliefs that the Ebola virus has challenged at every turn?

I am so, so angry at Freaky.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I honestly think that this presser is having the opposite effect intended.

Instead of encouraging calm and confidence it seems many are seeing the situation in an entirely new and more realistic light....I have no idea of what to expect next.

Also, media does not seem to be accepting Frieden's comments at face value at all.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: kosmicjack
How many patients did she see after Duncan? What were her activities before developing fever on Friday night?

Contact trace that and it seems evident that we are imminently in an "oh #" moment.

I just don't see how we're not?

The more important question is, what were her activities after developing fever on Friday night? That is, unless you don't believe that the virus doesn't start shedding until symptoms develop. But think about this: no one has been diagnosed with ebola who was on the planes that Duncan was on or the airports he was walking around (before he exhibited any symptoms), and it has been 21 days since he first got on a plane.

We do t know that. If they have symptoms they probably aren't going to the hospital and if they are they are sending them home with antibiotics. They aren't asking them if they were on the plane with Duncan.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Just read about this on skynews!

Hope its the only case, otherwise you will have a problem.

Those suits don't seem to be fully protective!! Unless while taking off suit, the person accidently touches their face!

link   
Wouldn't it make sense that if you are asymptomatic yet carrying the virus that you are, indeed, contagious? You still have it in your blood, sweat, vomit, crap, sneeze, saliva?

+8 more 
link   
I want to see Duncan's family. Bring them out and prove to me they aren't sick. I don't see how they couldn't be!

link   
if it were airborne wouldnt this situation be far worse than it is?
i would think by now there would be loads of confirmed cases.

is it possible the nurse broke safety precautions and dont even know it?
she is human and accidents happen...

either way it does not surprise me that 'they' are saying she did something wrong, even if she didnt.
blame has to be laid somewhere. thats what people do.

just like duncans family is laying blame....

link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Hellas
The Nurse had "Extensive Contact" with Duncan according to the CDC.

That's new rhetoric out of the CDC. They are going to blame her for getting this.
The nurse says she knows of nowhere that she breached the CDC rules.

She's saying ... I did it right.
CDC is saying .... It had to be her screwing up.

Because the CDC can't let anyone know it could possibly be airborne. They have to have a 'fall guy'. Either that, or they're in complete and total denial.

I'll take "they're in complete and total denial" for $1000.00 Alex.

What is the CDC.

The 9 most terrifying words you'll ever hear.
"I'm from the Government and I'm here to help."

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: drwill

CDC, WHO and FDA are all in bed with big Pharma that is why we have to take what they said with skepticism.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack
Notice how he's blinking a lot? Hand gestures?

When lying people are more likely to:
offer shorter responses
make more speech errors - more um's, er's ah's...
blink more
fidget more
On a side note it should be pointed out that:

People do NOT break eye contact when lying
Liars as well as truth-tellers are, on average, just as likely to "look you in the eye."

www.truthaboutdeception.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

the theory is, this ebola, strain can be airborne in close proximity from h20 mist given off the infected body respiration etc.

There were tests conducted in animals pigs, and monkeys or something, and they were seperated and at one time the animals on the other side of the room got ebola. Again I have no proof of this or links that pertain the tests. I stumbled upon it during the process of educating myself on this virus.

It is pretty obvious thou, that we do not truly understand this virus..
edit on b392014-10-12T10:39:45-05:00America/Chicago103176 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

You make great point. My only reply is...as far as we know...

Honestly, we only know what they tell us. On purpose or by default.

For instance, a guy dies in a hotel, it might look suicide. Authorities have no idea where he has been, why he kills himself, etc...is he tested for Ebola?

Just using it as an example of how they really have no idea

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: stellawayten

i think by now if someone that was on the plane were sick they would be going to the hospital.
this is world news.
people would have put it together that they could have been on the plane duncan was...

i think they would hot foot it to the hospital.

they would see on the news how he was infected and was on a flight from africa to brussels to the states. people that were traveling on a plane in those cities at that time would be very much aware of it by now.....

i dont believe they would just roll over in the bed with the nyquil....

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
Wouldn't it make sense that if you are asymptomatic yet carrying the virus that you are, indeed, contagious? You still have it in your blood, sweat, vomit, crap, sneeze, saliva?

From what I have read, you are contagious when the body starts "shedding" the virus. That doesn't happen until the virus symptoms start. The body doesn't know it has the virus until a certain point in the infection. Once the body realizes the virus has infected it, it is at that point that it starts the shedding process, i.e., fever, vomiting, sweating, diarrhea, etc.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
One problem could be prodromal symptoms. The CDC has been smug about when an infected person becomes contagious--when they exhibit symptoms. But do they know for sure?

medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

link   
They have sectioned off a 24-bed ICU for possible Ebola patients. Probably it was just a logical choice as Ebola patients need a lot of care. However, combining that with Dr Varga's slip when he referred to the 18 patients they're monitoring, I have to wonder.

And I agree, it might have been just a slip. Maybe they are only contacts, not patients. But people who are tired and/or under pressure are more likely to make mistakes. And as Dr Varga was probably up all night (as they started getting very active on this new case around midnight), then that slip could be innocent -- or a genuine "oops".

And to your last comments: nothing wrong with trying to stay more on the positive side. But when we have a situation like this, that positivity is very hard to maintain.

link   

originally posted by: Restricted

I've wondered about this too and it makes sense what you are saying... but I've read nothing that addresses this question.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
My question to Frieden would be, "You are currently monitoring 48 people that were suspected to be in contact with the index patient (Duncan), obviously these 48 people will have had contact with other people. Do you intend to only monitor the 48's contacts when/if one or more of them are confirmed infected?"

Expected answer: "Uhhh....."

Not to mention, of the 48 in the Duncan-contact-pool...the one, so far, confirmed infected was not included.

Carry on! Nothing to see here! No worry of exponential transmission spread!

Great job everyone! I encourage you all to visit beautiful Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Guinea and, of course, bring back some souvenirs!

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Didn't read the thread. Didn't need to. Didn't wanna start a new one.

Here's a Link to this a.m.'s press conference.

I didn't hear a single word which identified the hospital's inability to handle a Class IV pathogen. Pretty sure they're a Class II facility (like most hospitals). CDC representation was conspicuously absent.

These dumbasses are gonna get us all killed. They have absolutely no idea how this second 'victim' became infected. They have no concept of pathogen control protocols. They did what they are good at: Drone on and on while they get nothing done.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join