It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital has tested positive for Ebola

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
CDC Director on TV just now .... laying groundwork to blame the nurse ... he said even a single inadvertent slip can end with contamination.

Well...he knows how to keep dedicated health care workers on the job...huh.

What an idiot. If they start trying to lay the blame on ebola spreading on nurses...who the hell does he think is going to show up to work with ebola patients. Gawd...the idiocracy is making me spitting mad.

Des

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

I have also been thinking of that book/movie recently.

Patient zero in The Stand fled from the infection to Texas, and the breakout spread from there.

The government started rounding up those in contact with PZ, then whisked them away under the cover of lies.

They downplayed the danger, calling it a superflu.

The symptoms were so much like the flu that people did not know it was more than that until they died.

The government tried to stifle the media. They even resorted to violence to accomplish this.

The CDC and health care were overwhelmed, having no clue how to stop the spread.

Communications and economies broke down, there was panic and looting, and the world as it was known collapsed.

It spread so quickly and exponentially that most of the world population was wiped out.

Of course... that was fiction, and it is not happening (will not happen) like this in real life. Right?

link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

For instance, a guy dies in a hotel, it might look suicide. Authorities have no idea where he has been, why he kills himself, etc...is he tested for Ebola?

Just using it as an example of how they really have no idea

up until his death in the hotel wouldnt he be violently ill?
there would be some sense of something major being wrong...

authorities stumbling across dead ebola victims in hotels or anywhere else seems like a pretty big stretch to me.

i have to believe that......i just cant see someone acting like a stray animal and crawling into a hole to die....i would think an infected person would reach a point where they would try to get help somewhere at any and all cost.

link   
a reply to: Gully

it is also in your semen. Even after you recover from the effects of Ebola, if your lucky enough for weeks...

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Within influenza (for example), you can be infectious a day or so before you even show symptoms. However, we've been told repeatedly that this does not apply with Ebola and that people are only infectious once they are symptomatic.

Up til very recently I accepted that assessment as the truth. Now, however, I'm beginning to wonder.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This is my first post on this forum, long time reader..

Ebola is a massive concern, I flew through Australia's busiest airport 5 days ago. I'm concerned about how this disease is spreading and evolving.

Heading out for water, torches, canned goods etc tomorrow......just in case.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

It was monkeys and pigs....it was a study done in Canada...and was posted here last week
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

I don't know...I've seen some "man on the street" type of interviews with people from the Dallas area...many were like "DERP!" "Whaa? Ebola who?"

link   

originally posted by: stellawayten
I want to see Duncan's family. Bring them out and prove to me they aren't sick. I don't see how they couldn't be!

But I don't know why they would hide their sickness. The family members were the most likely candidates for getting the virus, and the CDC admitted as much. They didn't hide the fact that this nurse got infected, and she was not as likely a candidate because she had access to all the protection. You would think she would be the one they want to hide, as people are freaking out that she had protection and still got it.

link   

originally posted by: megboo
This is my first post on this forum, long time reader..

Ebola is a massive concern, I flew through Australia's busiest airport 5 days ago. I'm concerned about how this disease is spreading and evolving.

Heading out for water, torches, canned goods etc tomorrow......just in case.

Welcome!

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike

Up til very recently I accepted that assessment as the truth. Now, however, I'm beginning to wonder.

what has made you start to wonder? personally i am not there yet but would like to know what your tipping point was..

this whole time they have said a person is not contagious if theyre not showing symptoms.
that seems to fit as nobody that was on the plane with duncan has come down sick.

if he was contagious wouldnt there be all sorts of people turning up sick?
hell, the people that were in the apartment with duncan when we know he was contagious have not even turned up sick yet. i expected them to be sick by now....

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Within influenza (for example), you can be infectious a day or so before you even show symptoms. However, we've been told repeatedly that this does not apply with Ebola and that people are only infectious once they are symptomatic.

I believe (from friends who are virologists) that the common cold requires a transmission of virus particles…(virons?) from host to new patient….somewhere in the order of 100 to 250 virons.
For Ebola transmission to occur then there has to be a transfer of 1 (one) viron from host to new patient………

It is HIGHLY contagious…..

PDUK

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

These dumbasses are gonna get us all killed. They have absolutely no idea how this second 'victim' became infected. They have no concept of pathogen control protocols. They did what they are good at: Drone on and on while they get nothing done.

ITA.
This is what happens when a Superpower gets caught with its pants down imho.

Ebola was coming. Historical threads on ATS show that the drums were banging--here, but nowhere in our collective governments.
It's not like the CDC hasn't had ample time to study the virus. They fiddled while Ebola burned.

edit on 12-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I don't believe anything the govt is saying either. I live about 2 hours from Dallas and I don't mind admitting that I am very nervous about this !
To make matters worse, we just had a cold front and I think another cold front is on the way! Perfect virus weather.
I think those of us in the Dallas area need to have a few extra groceries on hand in the event more cases pop up.
I'd rather be prepared for a possibility that never happens than wringing my hands and wailing because I didn't listen to my gut instinct.
If that makes me a nut case than so be it.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Why Jenkins is out there, shouldn´t he be monitored closely after spending time in Duncan´s apartment before it was cleaned. How close is close contacts and hot spot when Jenkins is still among the crowd.

It´s not a battle of sexes Nurse is innocent the system failed. If anyone needs someone to blame, it´s the patient zero.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: grumpydaysleeper

A hospital is not a Level 4 biolab. I don't live in Texas, but I'm nervous.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

what has made you start to wonder? personally i am not there yet but would like to know what your tipping point was..

this whole time they have said a person is not contagious if theyre not showing symptoms.
that seems to fit as nobody that was on the plane with duncan has come down sick.

if he was contagious wouldnt there be all sorts of people turning up sick?
hell, the people that were in the apartment with duncan when we know he was contagious have not even turned up sick yet. i expected them to be sick by now....

Doesn't make any sense that becoming contagious happens in an instant. More likely it is a gradual process.

When you are first exposed and infected, you are barely contagious. After a day or two with the virus reproducing inside of you, you become more contagious. Once symptoms start, you are then very contagious. Once your body starts to succumb to the disease, you are extremely contagious, even after death.

It's like how an epidemic spreads...gradually at first, then all at once.

link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: CardiffGiant

I don't know...I've seen some "man on the street" type of interviews with people from the Dallas area...many were like "DERP!" "Whaa? Ebola who?"

oh no doubt. i have no question there are people in dallas even that have no idea what is going on.
i dont know how to explain what i meant...

at a certain point the survival instinct would kick in...at least i would think.

i know i have been sick before and just stayed in bed and tried to fight it.

if you had ebola though, even if you were just trying to stay in bed and fight it i would think your body/mind would reach a point where you'd be getting your ass up to try and get help.

the pain. the vomiting. the skin lesions. the blood from the eyes...etc etc....

i know i am not explaining this very well.

i just dont see people in the symptomatic stages of ebola just crawling into a dark corner/hotel room to die.

edit on 12-10-2014 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
They have a team cleaning out the area of the apartment complex on the 3700 block of Marquita? I believe that's in Fort Worth. Am I wrong?

It's in Dallas off of Greenville Ave-a popular neighbor known as the "M Streets." A couple of miles south of Presby hospital.

link   
50 % mortality rate. 2nd case in USA and they can't even work out whose been affected. Watching cnn, the cdc seems like it's run by idiots.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join