It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PS3 Question Regarding Youtube - Anyone Else Having Probs With This?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Hey folks

Im using my ps3 for a media player to watch youtube on one of my rigs but since yesterday it has been pissing me off and i was wondering if anyone else is having the same stuff happen.

When im on youtube and i go to click somewhere, my curser seems to shoot up to the top of the screen , its a real pain in the ass so im wondering if this is the result of a upgrade or patch or something .
Anyone else experiencing this and if so what could it be ??

Appreciate any input .
Ta

-Omega

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Omega85

After a long time using youtube on ps3, my advice would be: give up. In all the updates theyve released ive only seen the app worsen and Im not sure you should be expecting anyThing coming from it on ps3 anymore

Just my 2cents, had nothing but problems with that app

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: NoNameNeeded

Thanks for the reply:

Yeah after looking around online i have found there are alot of other people that echo your exact sentiments.
nothin but dramas from the looks of things

Omega

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
you can hit start and type in youtube adress to use the real site instead of the app, its a little better. I have still found that sometimes it freezes up my ps3 though.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Omega85

I don't care for the PS3 YouTube app at all. If they release one for PS4, I hope they make a lot of improvements. I've never experienced the issue that you explained, but I always have connectivity issues (could be my net) and the format/UI is buggy and overall pretty awful.

If it helps, and if you have a phone that's capable, I find it much more enjoyable to link the phone with the system and control the PS3's YouTube app from your mobile YouTube app. It's so much nicer to navigate the video selection. Not always as easier though to scrub through the video - but, it's still much better than the PS3 app by itself. I think there are instructions on how to link them in the settings section of the PS3's YouTube app.

Good luck with the issue.

edit on 10/12/2014 by mysticrecluse because: fixed who I was replying to.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
just wanted to ad:

Im accessing youtube through the browser under the network menu ,
Reading alot about the youtube ap though.
Pain in the ass...

At the top of the screen there is a button to switch to a "made-for-tv" experience .
Not sure if it will make a difference though.

Omega

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Time to replace your controller? I actually like the yt app. Never had an issue.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I've found youtube to be quite buggy on PS3 right from the get go, sometimes it works great and sometimes it doesn't... so I just don't bother with it anymore.

I wish I could offer up some answers, unfortunately I don't have any.

top topics

join