It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reading Minds

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I'm sure there are many on this site that are very good at reading people's minds.And yes it's not all about reading the mind but also the eyes, facial expressions and body language there behaviour.I too am very good at reading people and honestly I sometimes wish I wasn't.It can be overwhelming at times.I guess I'm what some of you may call an empath.I'm going to go ahead and tell you why I created this thread and it Is because I wanna know of anyone else gets tired of being able to read people's minds.Do you? Tell me.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
It's also possible to read peoples minds by how they say and what they don't say here on ATS.
I personally do it all the time.

Reading minds just takes the ability to read between one's lines. It's that simple actually.

Scary? Yes, But I know some can also do it to me as well.
edit on 10/10/14 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Flowfessional

Of course I'm reading your mind Davin from Saratoga, Florida, now stop playing so much on the internet and go do your chores like your wife asked you to do. ;p

(total joke btw in case you can't read sarcasm from 2000 miles away).
edit on 10 10 2014 by Nechash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I have had a few friends who I could read like a book. I don't know all the particulars of how it works, but it is a very real thing.
I can think of 3, maybe 4 people that I can communicate with clearly without uttering a word.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

Yeah I forgot to add what they say and how they say it and that they don't say

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Reading minds think big thoughts!

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
If you're an expert at body language, eye accessing cues, facial expressions, or even past tendencies if you know the person you're reading, you could probably form a fairly good idea of what is going on in their mind. But to say that anyone can 100% know what a person is thinking is not true and not possible.

Some people who claim to be good at reading people will use a persons cues to relate to themselves and how they would react or think given the circumstances they are trying to read, but to do that is completely false as there are a multitude of varying, unique, and complex personality traits that would need to be known or observed to even being to form an accurate picture of what is running through someone's mind.

To say that a person can read someone's mind who they know, will obviously be easier than a person who they've never met as they'll already have a general idea of their behaviours, likes and dislikes etc. The ability to read someone that I've never met is a learned skill that has required practice and study of various skills like body language, eye accessing cues, personality typing, etc.

And even then nothing is definitive, but general; though general enough to get a better idea of what a person wants and what one could say to further prod or ask to reinforce these general cues.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flowfessional
I'm sure there are many on this site that are very good at reading people's minds.And yes it's not all about reading the mind but also the eyes, facial expressions and body language there behaviour.I too am very good at reading people and honestly I sometimes wish I wasn't.It can be overwhelming at times.I guess I'm what some of you may call an empath.I'm going to go ahead and tell you why I created this thread and Is because I wanna know of anyone else gets tired of being able to read people's minds.Do you? Tell me.

What are the mechanics of your ability, do you know why you can do this and others cannot? There are techniques to block others energy. Being an empath and not knowing how to deal with others energy is extremely tiring especially in crowds.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I can read minds at times. Though, I'm better at transmitting information via telepathy.
One time, I gave some international dj's nightmares for weeks. Greedy buggers.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: kicked

That kind of thinking can get you killed!

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I wanna know of anyone else gets tired of being able to read people's minds.Do you? Tell me.

Yes, I do; that's why I don't listen anymore.

Pretend you're still a teenager and only hear what you want to!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
So, what? is the mind a book that can be read? Or is it a blank page that you fill with the scribbling of your imagination?
Its not hard to feel someone else's feelings and then put words to them and then imagine that you are reading their mind. It sounds like you have become quite proficient at it. It does take empathy which you clearly have.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
if you tire of hearing and reading minds, try [mind the gap). Listen to the gaps its a choice, one must turn off the tv and radio at times.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Yes, You Are good but I Also Am Very good! So, how would this be Possible, now?

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I wouldn't consider it exactly 'reading minds', but I have things, or thoughts that have 'come to me, completely out of the blue'..........could be that I'm picking up parts of what someone else is thinking.....if I say something about this 'out of the blue' stuff, I will often have someone else respond with....."I was just thinking the same thing!"

In highschool, I did 'seem' to have answers to test questions just pop into my head, often on questions I'd already given up on till the answer just 'presented' itself a bit later....so perhaps that was a useful thing.....inversely useful, I hate going to the hospital to visit someone, so perhaps I'm picking up on the suffering so compacted into one location.....

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I'm sure there are many on this site that are very good at reading people's minds.And yes it's not all about reading the mind but also the eyes, facial expressions and body language there behaviour.I too am very good at reading people and honestly I sometimes wish I wasn't.It can be overwhelming at times.I guess I'm what some of you may call an empath.I'm going to go ahead and tell you why I created this thread and it Is because I wanna know of anyone else gets tired of being able to read people's minds.Do you? Tell me.

It never gets pld being ahead of the game. To know things you shouldnt know can be a delightdul treat, as well as tragic.

On several occassions I have actualy heard what people were thinking,.... and they have heard me...... by respondinf to something I was thinking.

To me, the more informTion .you have, the better !

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Is it worth reading the mind of somebody else ? Picking up all the erratic thoughts and wonderings.

I think it is far more useful to read the intentions rather than the thoughts. The bonus is that you may get to know what they are after even before they know it.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to:

Reading someone's mind can help you see what their intentions are

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

a reply to:

Reading someone's mind can help you see what their intentions are

I disagree with you on this.

Thoughts are an array of thought forms very often picked up accidentally. The mind is like a ring that hovers across a terrain of thoughts emitted by others .

The true intentions are very often unknown by the person themselves. It is the outcome of a battle between the Self and the Ego.

For example a very brief meeting between two people , who could be lovers potentially , may drive them apart. This occurs because at soul level both have already met and discussed and seen all there is to see. As a result they may consciously be attracted to each other or not. But it is not the mind that will give a clue.

We all frequently connect to others at a higher level than that at which the mind works. It is at that level that things are decided. Furthermore, a person's mind can be easily programmed remotely if you know the technique.

Therefore , reading people's mind has no relevance at all since a mind easily shifts around and can be manipulated with ease.

When I was young I use to put music into people's minds. I would do it on the buses and anytime I felt like doing it.They would end up hearing the music even though there was no music actually playing.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I have to disagree with the OP.

I don't get tired of reading minds.

The best way to truly read someone's mind is to constantly be around them. While you may go out in crowds looking for a subject, you should instead be the crowd. You should be everyone in order to be able to read people's minds effectively.

What I get from you is a sense of omnipotence. As if you feel like you know too much about everyone and what their decisions might be, but you have to take each approach with a new tactic. You seem to follow the same tactic each time you read someone.

I only say this because in the past 5 years I have been around a lot of different people. Even though I didn't want to be. Their actions displayed upon me gave me enough to go on about certain types of people. What drugs they use, what type of job they have, if they like anything in particular, or even what they own inside of their houses.

I don't get tired of it because there are so many different lifestyles that change peoples perception mostly. I find it fascinating that I am able to put together people's trains of thought and know their next move on me. You have to be a mind # in order to take everything in. It is dangerous because it can cause your mind to split itself from consciousness to unconsciousness, without you even knowing. (For example you may find yourself suddenly lost in a conversation that you have with someone because your mind will suddenly go into a deep thought about something. Mind #s are able to put things together in their heads while still being able to answer you with their direct mission in mind.)

About two years ago I was driving a taxi.... I picked up four girls from a bar near where I used to live. On the way to where I was taking them they were able to talk to one person, while listening to another conversation. After each person said one sentence, they would answer one person and continue the conversation of another person. All the while all four of them had something to say. And they all said it at the same time, answered at the same time... and stopped talking with a short pause at the same time.

It went something like this:

Person 1: I want to go jack in the box and order some food.
Person 2: I don't want to make this a 20 dollar trip.
Person 3: Why can't we just go to McDonald's?
person 4: I'm not really that hungry.

Pause.

Person 1: You have to be at least a little hungry, after all you didn't eat since this morning right?
Person 2: I hate McDonald's, besides I only have a few dollars extra and Jack in the box is better.
Person 3: I can pay for the ride it isn't a problem, but we have to make up our minds before the driver kicks us out.
Person 4: Don't we have any food at home? I know I could whip something up.

Pause.

Person 1: There is nothing left because (person 2) ate the rest of the chicken.
Person 2: No you don't have to pay all of it, I have 20 bucks in my pocket.
Person 3: That's coming from someone who drank 5 shots at the bar.
Person 4: I don't care where we go at this point because we are already almost home. Everything is close by.

Pause.

Person 1: really? I won't be able to pay you back for another week.
Person 2: Don't you know that drinking makes everything taste better?
Person 3:There might be some beef in the freezer. I think we bought some last week.
Person 4: Hey we better tell the driver what we want.

Me: You know what? She's right.

I Can't remember exactly what was said but I tried to put it up exactly how it came into my mind. One was mad about a comment, the other two were worried about the fare, one of them had money.... While at the same time one was making choices, one was thinking about what they had, another wanted to help pay, and the last one just disagreed with a lot of things being said about her. There was a ton more dialogue between these girls as I drove them home. The entire trip took 20 minutes going through Jack in the box and taking them home, the trip amount was just barely 12 dollars... but the amount of dialogue between the two would have easily taken up an hour to sit through and recompile by myself. This is just a small sample of what went on at the beginning. Because after the first few sentences I couldn't even think so I blocked it all out to focus on driving.

I wish I had my tape recorder on because that entire 20 minute drive.... was the most interesting drive I ever took.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join