It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News says Duncan is receiving ZMAPP and still alive?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I was just listening and heard from Fox News at the Ebola patient in Texas, Duncan something, is still alive and is being treated with ZMAPP. I thought ISRAELI news said he was dead? Weren't there more sources saying he had passed away? Is this an attempt to market this new drug and lying about him being dead already?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: NiZZiM

I thought they didn't have any ZMAPP available???

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: NiZZiM

I read Duncan was being treated with something new and expieremental? Not
Zmap but something else. Anyone remember that one coming across the new threads earlier?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Dallas Ebola Patient Gets Experimental Drug

The patient in Dallas being treated for Ebola has been given an experimental drug but remains in critical condition, the hospital said Monday. Thomas Eric Duncan got a drug called brincidofovir, made by North Carolina-based Chimerix. The Food and Drug Administration approved its experimental use Monday against Ebola.

It's a pill given twice a week, and it's been tested safely already in more than 1,000 people, Chimerix spokesman Joseph Schepers told NBC News. He said Duncan's doctors asked the company for the drug.

An NBC News freelancer receiving treatment in Nebraska will also receive an experimental treatment, according to his father, Dr. Mitchell Levy. He did not specify which treatment.

Doctors stress that they have no idea whether experimental drugs can help Ebola patients. They say supportive care like oxygen and saline solution are as important, if not more important, for their survival. Brincidofovir is a a slight alteration of the existing drug cidofovir, which is used to treat and to prevent an infection called cytomegalovirus. It's also being tested in people for use against serious adenovirus infections.

Other experimental drugs include one made by Tekmira, a Canadian company that had begun testing it in people before some safety concerns made the FDA halt testing. ZMapp, made by California-based Mapp Biopharmaceutical, is grown in tobacco plants. It was given to Ebola survivors Dr. Kent Brantly and Nancy Writebol. Brantly also got a blood transfusion from another survivor, and he gave blood to be transfused into fellow medical missionary Dr. Rick Sacra. A Japanese company makes a flu drug called favipiravir, or T-705, that appears to also help mice infected with Ebola, while North Carolina based BioCryst is making a drug called BCX4430.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Great thread was posted about how Duncan is still alive and being treated.

ATS Chimerix Used On Duncan Thread

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

They said ZMAPP and he got the last of it.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Pauligirl

Maybe they got the facts wrong on fox but I know she said ZMAPP was what they were giving him. I'm still wondering why ey reported he was dead?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

That's what I thought, but I know I heard her say that he was getting ZMAPP and then they went on a big long segment about how it's made and why they are out of it.

new topics

top topics

join