It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PC Games Dieing out or not.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
ya, i agree that PC games are SO not dying out, there are so many new ones coming out, and old one still being played. as for myself, i play EQ (Everquest) all the time, and played World of Warcraft for a little while, the went back to EQ lol. I just love MMORPG's, theres so much to do, its a neverending game, and you can play it with ppl from all over the world
there may be more and more console games coming out, but i certainly dont think PC games are dying

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The only date it gave for Civ 4 was 2005. Oh and I got Jedi Outcast for PC for 10$ when across the aisle it cost 50$ for GCN version mwahahaha. I hope EE 2 can make up for the first games flaws, I played it a lot but it could have been better.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Well, consol games are doing really well, but they are comming out with some really good ps2 games

one thing is now tho you can download emulators for allmost every console where is allows you to play the games like Kega (Sega) Visual Boy (gameboy) and others

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogueX
The only date it gave for Civ 4 was 2005. Oh and I got Jedi Outcast for PC for 10$ when across the aisle it cost 50$ for GCN version mwahahaha. I hope EE 2 can make up for the first games flaws, I played it a lot but it could have been better.

Man, I could get it for $10 at Wal Mart for computer, but I've already beaten it and don't have multiplay.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Consoles are for kids. Real gamers play PC games.

Amen to that!

So far my Fav FPS is UT2004.... I thought UT2003 sucked, but 2004 came to save the day
I get really excited while playing that game.. its unusual for me to get excited over stuff like that, but its just fast paced action with great effects and graphics. The announce will say "Adreniline Full" and then I say "Not for me!!" While I continue to get my headshots, multikills, and MM-MM-ONSTER KILL-kill-kill's!"

My favorite RTS is WarCraft II.... Thats right.... I still play warcraft 2

MMORPGs are taking over the PC it seems... I cant afford to pay a monthly fee to play a game though.. But World of WarCraft has caught my eye.

And the greatest advantage the PC has over the console is the ability to edit the game such as making your own custom levels, weapons, characters, mods, etc.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Hi
Pc games are great but I notice a trend of people like myself who dont want to pay $$$$$ to upgrade just to play a PC game. An Xbox is only $170
right now...and I love it. also with PC games your allways have at least a concern of if it will run good on your PC...having to ajust settings etc....what a pain in the a$$. Xbox+big screen+put in disk and play=bliss
Take care

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The actual problem is that there is no new interface technology. The keyboard and mouse have pushed about as far as they are able. The interface of the game limits the form. There are only so many different things you can do to a first-person shooter to make it different. You can soup it up, make it look and sound better and be more complicated and detailed but the left mouse button still means fire and you are still only barely simulating actual live movement.

Strip away the superior game engine, eye candy and cool monsters, and Half-Life2 is in essence no different than the original Quake, Doom, or Duke Nukem. The same seems to hold true for FRPGs like Everquest and NeverWinter Nights as well as stratagy games like Starcraft, etc....

You can have different settings, genres, and themes, but from Star Wars to Medal of Honor, it's all the same game. Sorry, I don't have a solution for ya, but that is the problem with PC games.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thatoneguy

Consoles are for kids. Real gamers play PC games.

So how come half the games for X-Box (probably more) are rated M? I agree that each have their strengths and weaknesses. PCs are good for RTSs and the like, while consoles are good for platformers. Each have had their share of hits. To say that either is inferior or "dying out" is ridiculous.

EDIT: Had to fix the quotes.

[edit on 20-1-2005 by Shadowtrooper90]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join