It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me with a Tarot Spread

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

When I'm having a hard time reading my spreads, I very quickly go through the deck and toss each card into a "yes" or "No" pile. Very quickly decide to accept or reject the energy the you get from that card and then read the rejected pile of cards first. They represent everything you're repelling, opportunities you're missing, everything you're avoiding, etc.

The pile of "yes".....everything that you're settling for, identifying with, etc......

Try it! It's pretty enlightening!

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: point998

That makes some sense.
I'll think about that one.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I like that.

I'll have to try it sometime!

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I think your spread shows a straight out seduction (ha), but in a work situation I guess that could still happen, right? Queen Cups paired with 7 Swords is a planned seduction, and shows up with Ace Wands and Strength. Queen Cups could use an emotional tack. Pages Rx show missed messages/signals, along with Hermit Rx (shut off or too isolated, not listening, detached). Priestess says listen to your intuition and Ace Wands is also there to give the one not seeing/listening (maybe Hermit?) a whack over the head to wake up. If said seduction/deception takes place, business will definitely see a change (10 Pentacles, Death). Just my thoughts :-)

I never use this type of spread myself, so don't know that much about it. I don't use reversals either, just interpret reversals according to surrounding cards.

edit on 5-10-2014 by hellnotes because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2014 by hellnotes because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2014 by hellnotes because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2014 by hellnotes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

I don't read inverted cards, so I'll treat them as though upright. Right now you're trying to get out of something, a rut or stagnant situation that you've been in for awhile, but your sense of ethics and charity are holding you back a bit. (guilt?) At a deep level though, it truly is a time of endings. You're moving from a time of focusing on down to earth things, to a time of creativity and inspiration. The over-arching air of the situation deals with that idea of "living the dream" and discovering what makes you happy in worldly life.

Its wise for you to meditate on how your spirit can control the tides of life though, (strength) and your environment is one of guidance, people see you as being tapped into unseen things. Your fear is that by opening this new chapter of your life and letting go, you'll be isolated and alone, but the cards predict you're going to do it, and begin a new chapter, of creativity, freedom, and inspiration.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Hey darkblade,

I had wanted to mention that after learning a litle bit from you about what's going on I can understand how you would want to photograph that spread. It's a real beauty and belongs in a textbook.

That got me to wondering if you keep records? My thing is cheirology and I have notebooks going back almost 20 years now, with prints, notes etc.

Anyhow, have a good morning.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for the insights!

I wish I could tell you what has happened,
but due to privacy issues and knowing I can get fired if I say what has happened,
(due to company policies)
I just want to say....

THANK YOU

So far everyone's look at these cards has been very helpful!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

I don't keep records, just a mental note on accuracy rates with myself,
unless something compels me to write things down.

I do plenty of that around the ATS site though.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Someone requested this.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Too bad I never do reverse cards.

That said, the reading is only relevant to the reader who was involved directly with the reading itself, as is the case with all readings, so I wouldn't be very confident in the interpretation of an "outsider" regardless of their expertise. A Tarot reading is a conversation between the reader and the seeker by way of the symbolism of the cards that turned up. Those symbols are inherently focused on how the reader will immediately translate those symbols as information and insight. Each reader translates the same symbols and the relationships between the card positions differently. Each spread is supposed to be only relevant to the reader that was targeted with the information contained within that spread.

I don't know. I haven't read any further than the OP, so I hope that no one sees this statement as a critique of their interpretation skills.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: NorEaster

That is just it, I targeted myself.

I already know what they are saying, however,
my own thinking and judgement are playing roles in what I am interpreting.

What I basically did was offer myself a reading and then after glancing and going huh, interesting,
I wanted to put it out for others to look at and maybe go huh...
or
HUH?
or
Huh?!?

I thought it would be interesting to see what others have to say about this spread.

Once things mellow out,
I'll fill in the pieces.

Should take about two months,
Then I will explain what happened better and what the cards show.

edit on 6-10-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Interesting, I don't do reverse cards either and my 'theory' of readings is almost exactly like yours...

I also think that the particular deck a 'reader' uses matters. I use one with imagery that I find extremely beautiful and which (synchronistically, as I didn't even look thru the cards until years after I had bought them on a whim) really matches the particular archetypal 'story' of my evolving spirituality...

(It's the "Robin Wood deck", btw) I love the Death card in particular, it is beautiful rather than frightening and truly evocative of the true 'nature' of the card, which of course is indicative of 'change/metamorphosis' rather than actual 'death'... (if interested, you can google for the image - much better than my trying to describe it)

Oh, sorry, Darkblade71, didn't mean to usurp your thread...

Oh, p.s. The source from which I developed my 'method' explains the 'totality' of the completed spread in a way that seems to me particularly helpful -

She says that once you lay the outcome card, looking over the entire spread (aside from the individual card 'indications'), it should almost 'tell a story' of what the reading in general is 'about'...I have found that in my most accurate readings, this is invariably true...

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I'm not very experienced, having only had opportunity to read for myself, but...

You're in a position of strength - but not trusting yourself, but you should...trust in your own wisdom in the matter, don't second guess yourself...

Staying the course you are on leads to abundance - of some sort, not necessarily in 'money', yet possibly it is indicating 'financial' success (always hard to read that sort of thing), could also be 'abundance' in the sense of increased self-knowledge, which will serve you in a future endeavor...
....thus a possibility that if this project in and of itself seems 'less than successful', it could lead to a further opportunity which will prove successful...

Whether or not "the project" is a success in the literal sense, you come out of it...'empowered' in some way...more able to utilize the resources of your personal energies...

---Don't suppose my 'take' is much use, but I appreciate the opportunity to try!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots
a reply to: proob4
It's a picture book that makes sense as you arrange the tiles.

Love the way you put this!!

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

That is how I have always thought of them.
Once they get laid out, they should tell a story.

That story should be about the one being read.
It is much less complicated that way,
but yet accurate.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71

That is just it, I targeted myself.

I already know what they are saying, however,
my own thinking and judgement are playing roles in what I am interpreting.

I read for myself a lot. My subconscious has a lot to teach me about what's really going on around me - mostly pertaining to relationships and upcoming developments that involve people I deal with on a regular basis. The Tarot is good at bringing in your brain's brilliant capacity for event-trajectory analysis and prediction of how a grouping of event trajectories will likely converge if all paths continue as they are progressing at the time of the reading, without your mind's meddlesome issues of want and preference and best-laid plans affecting the clarity that could otherwise be gleaned. In fact, as far as I'm concerned, relationship issues (family, friends, coworkers, lovers) are probably what the Tarot is best designed to deal with, since most people already know subconsciously what awaits them relative to a relationship question, even if their mind refuses to allow them to confront the truth hovering just ahead.

We all live in subtle variations of delusion as we pick through the underbrush of our lives. Most of the time this is for the best, but there are those developing trajectories - here and there, now and then - that either deserve or require exposure. The Tarot is often spectacularly efficient in these cases, even if it isn't all that impressive when consulted over matters of career or financial matters.
edit on 10/7/2014 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I see what you are saying.

This spread has actually helped me a lot to understand a few things.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
hmmmmm

personally.. I find the card when reversed tell a more accurate account of what is truely going on in the circumstance

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

Me too.

The reversals add much more detail,
although the complexity of the reading increases.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Actually, that is a lot of use to me.

That is part of what I was wondering about.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join