It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird experience while meditating and using binaural beats

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

I had a few questions for the more experienced (meditation/spiritual vets) on what I felt last night. I have always considered myself spiritual and as my name suggests I had certain experiences from taking substances which will remain unnamed a few years ago. I haven't done so in a long time but I will get into why I mentioned that in the first place in a bit.

So I've been reading about spirituality and have realized that I need to do some meditation in order to expand my growth. Meditation has always been something I am somewhat afraid of because for the lack of a better word, I didn't necessarily know what to expect or how to do it properly. Anyway, I tried to use a tool which I heard helps (binaural beats) which I had tuned for Delta brave wave. I listened to it for approximately 10 mins and decided It was time to sleep. As I woke up about an hour later I had a sensation of electrical impulses going through my body almost violently. Not necessarily hurting, but without a doubt there in my attention. It was a similar feeling to when I get sleep paralysis, so I knew not to panic and turned over to my side. but unlike SP I was able to move without effort. While on my side in this semi trance state I started seeing with my eyes closed, geometrical patterns similar to something that would happen in a trip. They were morphing into each other.

I was somewhat freaked but kept my composure out of curiosity. I know I was not dreaming because my surrounding where the same, the time on the cable box was clear and after about 15 mins of that I got up and when to the bathroom. I am aware of dreams within dreams and have experienced that before. This was not the case. While I was seeing these patterns I was a bit fearful of something negative (NOT like an entity or anything), not that I felt a presence, but rather in my mind I knew it was dangerous to tap into something I was not familiar with. I've read about taping into energies that are negative or not having enough sufficient psychic defense (maybe mumble jumble, but I am open minded and so cautious) But yet my curiosity was still there and being that I have been making strides in spirituality I thought to myself (not really a thought more like a feeling) I need courage.

I asked within myself to protect me from any negativity, and started in my mind (rather deeply so because I was semi-tranced and not entirely fully conscious) repeating certain things such as I am powerful, I am loving, I am accepting, I am tolerant, I have abundance etc...

It was almost like a mantra (correct term?) on repeat which I muttered in my mind while in this state which after a few times started to take a life of its own, almost like an echo or like "I" was no longer saying it but some how I was. It's hard to explain. Mean while I was feeling an energy not as invasive as before which first woke me up, but rather something of a internal energy that was buzzing while in my minds eye I was seeing patterns morph into itself.

Anyone that meditated or used binaural beats ever experience something like this?
edit on 5-10-2014 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Chewingonmushrooms

I listened to it for approximately 10 mins and decided It was time to sleep. As I woke up about an hour later I had a sensation of electrical impulses going through my body almost violently. Not necessarily hurting, but without a doubt there in my attention. It was a similar feeling to when I get sleep paralysis, so I knew not to panic and turned over to my side. but unlike SP I was able to move without effort. While on my side in this semi trance state I started seeing with my eyes closed, geometrical patterns similar to something that would happen in a trip. They were morphing into each other.

What you felt is normal, don't be afraid! Those are the vibrations that allow us to step Out of Body and travel to the astral realms. There's often a wind like sound that's associated with the vibrations, so if you hear loud noises don't worry, it's normal.

Next time that happens try sitting up and you may just find yourself in the astral realms.

The Top 3 Signals To Tell How Close You Are To An OBE

If you’ve never done an O.B.E before, it’s extremely difficult to know if you’re making any progress until you’re actually already out of your body or in a lucid dream. What you need are easy to detect signals that you can use like road signs to tell you how close you are to succeeding. In this section we’ll cover the top 3 most common road signs. These are:

1 – The sleep paralysis wave
2 – Pre O.B.E rushing noises
3 – Vibrations

OBE Vibrations

While I don't use binaural beats, I do mediate on a daily basis and have been having OBE's almost daily for the last 11 years. The more it happens to you the more you'll understand it.
edit on 5-10-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Wow thank you. I have know about OOB and AT for a long time but never thought I was close to experiencing myself especially considering I am a novice meditator. Maybe we are all waking up and tuning into higher frequencies like some believe. I just find it hard to believe that I was that close in such a quick period of time. I'm not going to lie I was scared while it was happening, but I assured myself that I am an immortal soul like everyone else and that generally speaking I have a good heart.

Thanks again for the reply, interested if others have felt this same thing and could add to what you already said.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Maybe we are all waking up and tuning into higher frequencies like some believe.

I think you may be spot on with that theory.

I just find it hard to believe that I was that close in such a quick period of time. I'm not going to lie I was scared while it was happening, but I assured myself that I am an immortal soul like everyone else and that generally speaking I have a good heart.

Everyone is capable of having them, some just close their minds to it or are afraid of it. From reading your OP you sound like your mind is open to possibilities and having an open mind is key to AT.

OBE's are a very spiritual experience for me, proof (to me) that we are more than just our bodies. When I'm OBE Its as if I'm a thread embroidered to our source.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Yes I believe without a doubt we are more than corporeal bodies. NDE's, and certain phenomenon points to that. I always had a sense that I existed before I was born, although as I grew older my analytical mind took over (teenage years) I lost connection with that. At that time it was an either or equation (science or abrahamic religions), it was black and white with no room for grey. OOB, AT, ESP etc.. were in the realm of the occult according to my catholic upbringing, or superstitious nonsense according to my scientific understanding. It wasn't until my fungal experience back in 2001 that I was opened to a new reality and experienced the connectiveness first hand.

But I grew past that and wanted to experience true connection in my everyday experiences through my own mind and heart without the use of substances. It's been a hard road the past 13 years but recently I felt I have gotten a break through. No longer am I so much focused on the outside world (I am aware of the atrocities being committed), but rather realized that all is within and to make a true change of the external, you need to make a change of the internal first.

Everyone is a teacher/student, and that knowledge humbles me. Thank you again for your insight, I now have another branch for me to research.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I had a similar thing happen once. I don't recall the frequencies, might have been for Delta brainwaves as well, but as I was lying there I had these very short, a couple seconds maybe, visions that were all encompassing and extremely vivid. They felt real. It was like I was in another place, another world, another life. I would be talking to someone and think, "Wait a second, how did I get here?" and then pop back to this reality. Then I saw a pyramid/prism thing, kind of like the album cover of Dark Side of the Moon, and felt like I was falling out of myself in all directions. The sudden falling feeling was very jarring and pulled me out of it. It really surprised me that it's possible to get to those kinds of states without some heavy duty mind altering substances.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Roxxo

Yes exactly that was my thought as well. I have read about spiritual gurus, teachers, "masters" (I usually take all with a grain of salt) commenting about reaching levels without those substances, so maybe they are right. You experience sounds much more like the OOB that I have read about, so maybe there is something there. My theory is that BB help you gain these levels of calmness faster than normal meditation. I am not sure if thats necessarily a good thing. Like Kundalini awakenings that happen prematurely, sometimes it best to do it naturally. That's what scares me. But on the same token I believe that society needs to meditate and connect with their source, especially at this moment in time, and I am not sure that most people have the time or the patience to stick with something for 10+ years to get the results. So I guess there are pros and cons.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Remember that it's you responding to yourself...No worries....like a musical instrument... as you learn about yourself...the better "in tune" you'll get with yourself...

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

The first time I tried to meditate using binary beats it made me physically ill. After a couple minutes I started to get a wicked headache & 10mins later I was running to the bathroom and violently threw up.

I've never quite heard an experience like yours. You may want to try mediating without binary beats until you are more used to mediating.

I believe when you meditate, you are tapping into a deeper side. You are tuned into the universe and all the energy that makes up everything & everyone. Things can be accomplished when you can tap in & can harness it.

I wish you good luck in your journey

edit on 10 5 2014 by Sabiduria because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I tried this about two months ago, because of a recommendation I read here at ATS, and the results were pretty much what you describe here, including physical effect, and quite the opposite of what I expected. In fact, it bordered on horrifying and I've been meaning to ask what this could possibly mean. It that's normal, it's also not something I would willingly subject myself to again.

ETA: If that was me responding to myself, I'm a mess. Ha.
edit on 10/5/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Do you mean binaural beats or meditation? Like Sabidura mentioned some people experience negative reactions but I believe that has to do with wrong frequencies and and listening to it at high volumes. It is quite possible to overwhelm yourself as well which is why certain companies (like holosync) recommend stepping stone approach. There is some dangers I read if not done correctly.

That being said, Lucidity I think what I experienced last night had more to do with the similarity of sleep paralysis which when I first started getting them scared the crap out of me. I've read a lot about the subject and no longer fear it. Maybe that's why I didn't freak out when I was getting "hit" with waves of electricity or vibrations. But usually when I gain control of my body again (by breathing and knowing it will pass) I would turn to my side and I would go back to sleep.

What was different this time around was the tiny geometric symbols and pattens that seem to morph into themselves. The only time I experienced anything like that was under mind expanding substances which I haven't done for years. This threw me off and the abrasive energy turned into a more natural body vibration. I was definitely in a type of trance and my "thoughts" were different.

Like Jenny mentioned, maybe I was entering the beginnings of an OOB, and upon reading a bit further on the subject thanks to her direction, I've found accounts that agree with that assessment. Being familiar with mind expanding substances I realized the value of keeping calm, curious and experienced with "bad trips". This probably lessened my shock and allowed me to readjust. I hope this helps.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

In fact, it bordered on horrifying and I've been meaning to ask what this could possibly mean. It that's normal, it's also not something I would willingly subject myself to again.

It's normal, totally and completely normal. It can be a frightening experience for someone who hasn't had one before, especially if you don't know what's going on.

I used to be so afraid of OBE's, now I love them and don't know what I would do if they stopped happening.

The first time it happened to me I was beyond freaked out. There were vibrations, wind like sounds, sleep paralysis and another entity in the room. All the while I was trying to scream out to my husband for help but there was no way to move, or so I thought at the time. Luckily my mom and many other members of my family get OBE's so I kind of knew what was happening. I had a NDE shortly before the event above, both my mom and my aunt had talked to me about the possibility of this occurring.

After I understood what was happening and accepted what it was, I was no longer afraid.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Interesting that you had a NDE, I've read that those that have one are in high probability of gaining some sort of ESP. But this is something very personal to the person experiencing it, and it's much deeper than that. I'm glad that as a society we are now accepting it and providing a channel without judgement (for the most part at least, people can still be rigid) for the experiencer to express themselves. I've personally never had one but the subject matter fascinated me.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Interesting OP!

I have done a bit of research into what you are attempting to accomplish, although to date, I have not attempted it. It is something that I would like to experience though!

I don't have any experience with the aforementioned alternatives, either. But I have considered what correlations certain external stimuli might have, and how they might work, as well.

As for your OP, with my background in acoustics, might I offer some food for thought?

You referenced Binaural Beats! I honestly am not familiar with them, but the name certainly seems to refer to a dual frequency sound. And, from subsequent posts, I assume they are designed to "mimic" or create a modulation effect, with normal brain chemistry?

If you would, please elaborate more on the specifics of your attempt, so that I may get a firmer grasp or vision of the clinical side of your experiment...?

Thanks!

GF

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: GoOfYFoOt

Yes certainly. I am by no means an expert on the subject but it is pretty much as you describe although as far as I know its not chemical in nature. It's two alternating frequencies on each ear with a slight difference in hertz between them. The difference is "heard" by the brain and then tunes the brain waves to that difference in hertz (500 and 510, which then tunes to 10, example). Now the brain has different levels of waves: beta, alpha, theta and delta (and gamma as well). Gamma and beta are alert states, if I remember correctly with alpha and theta semi alert states, and delta being the deep mostly unconscious state (what we experience when we go into deep sleep). These brain waves tune to a particular frequency in hertz, so the theory is that by listening to the beats, you can tune your brain wave function which was only possible in the past by meditation, trace states and moments of stress (like fight or flight).

There is also the concept of "entrainment" which is the building of neuro-pathways (I believe) that make it easier for you to enter these states more easily. Now the brain is like a muscle in that if you use it, it grows, if you don't then it shrinks (not literally of course, I talking about neuro plasticity and the building of new neuro pathways), but just like a muscle you can over train it.

One of the poster talked about bad reactions to it and I look at it like the physical: if you train like a navy seal one day for 2 hours after being a couch potato all your life you will react REAL badly. During and definitely afterwards. Its the same with the mind, you can't go from 1 to 100, you have to go 1,2,3,4 etc...

Now I am saying all of this out of memory so let me get some links for you as I do not want to give you misinformation:

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.doctorhugo.org...

I did the lazy man search (linked the first I could find) but I'm sure key word searching on google will give you more info if this interests you.

edit on 6-10-2014 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Thank you!

If I'm grasping the information in the links, properly, it seems that the BB's are merely to acclimate your brainwaves to a more suitable state. Wherein, the OBE attempt, is more likely to be successful? Or, are you simply using it as a precursor?

And, please specify which frequencies you are currently using, and whether you have tried adjusting them slightly up or down, yet? Both, together and individually?

Also, what type of headphones are you using? And at what estimated decibel level? Are you using a tone generator or some other form of pre-recorded sounds?

Sorry for all of the questions!

GF

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Nice job! Welcome to the world of meditation my friend. I know exactly what you were experiencing I've been there many times.

You basically described the start of an astral projection like JennyFrenzy said. Next time you get there try to increase the vibrations to the point that they feel violent and try to sit up or think about yourself floating out of your body. It will happen if you have enough energy running through you. That electrical feeling is the energy us "new age wack jobs" talk about.

Main thing is do not be afraid. Being afraid will keep you in your body. Be calm and focused and you will have an OBE.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Well you know what they say my friend the longer you chew the stronger the trip. Happy and safe travels

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
My own suggestion would be to ignore the new age dogma stuff related to meditation and OOBE. If you believe you could be attacked or opening yourself up to whatever...etc, those beliefs can become real for you, and then you can create/open the door for bad experiences to happen. I've never had one bit of trouble in meditation, for a few decades now, because I don't allow new age beliefs to become a doctrine I have to live by. Belief is the key.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: GoOfYFoOt

Well actually I'm just experimenting at this point. And I just wanted to clarify something, I am not, or rather I did not have have the intention of using BB for OBE, it kinda just happened. My intentions were more about reaching a deep meditative state or even inducing a lucid dream. The beginning of the OBE was actually a side effect in that it did not happen until after I took off the headphones (earplug type, skullcandy) and went to bed. I woke up about an hour later experiencing these effects. I was using deep delta, but I doubt I got to that point, I most likely got to the theta state.

Booyakasha,

Thanks for the tips, I do not see you guys as new age wack jobs or anything and feel that everyone has something to teach

Technixcality

You should know, out there in Dallas
. But yeah haven't done that in a long while but you want to know the odd part? I only did them once and it changed me forever, in a good way. It reconnected me with a higher order of things and turned me to be the seeker I always was. Crazy how just one experience when I was 22 left probably the deepest impression on me. You want to know the even odder part? Recently I have been having dreams and been tripping in them. The mind is a mysterious thing and it really makes you wonder what reality really is. I've had dreams where I was a completely different person with a real history and memory, and associations etc..., how is that possible? So does that mean this life which is real to me, with real memories, real friends, real past etc... isn't really that real? If a dream could replicate that and to the point that I was in the dream and actually could remember what I did three years ago in this fake identity, was married and remember my wedding, when my children were born (I don't have kids IRL), what does that mean? Crazy stuff.

Calalini,

Thanks for the warning, this is something that I will definitely read about further. I am aware that the real magic in anything is belief in it, so I respect what you say when you say "watch your beliefs", because I know it's true. The question of joy after you realize that is "what should I believe in that will make me happy and fulfilled"?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join