It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

220 suspected Ebola cases in Russia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

More than 200 students from 557 guests to study in Russia from the West African countries allegedly found signs of Ebola. "The situation is under control of the Federal Service for Supervision of Consumer Rights Protection and Human Welfare" - quoted by LifeNews agency representatives. On the eve it was reported that the third-year student of the Ural Federal University was taken to the infectious disease clinic with suspected fever.

Pravda.Ru

This is interesting as we don´t get much information what happens in Russia. Earlier in September there were a bit informaton how Russia handled the students which came from Ebola infected areas.

Some 335 students from high-risk regions in Africa remain in quarantine in Russia for Ebola, a Russian health official said Wednesday. About 1,000 residents from African countries were put in quarantine for the virus, and the majority has been cleared, the Interfax news agency quoted Chief Sanitary Inspector Anna Popova as saying. No case of Ebola has been detected in Russia, she said, adding that due to high migration flows the country is not 100-percent guaranteed from the risk.

Link

So it seems that Russia isolated, quarantined about 1000 residents who arrived from infected countries and some of them were released, 557 of them were students and 337 of them were released and 220 students are still under observation.
Link

Excessive quarantine, but does it help or is it even worse is yet to see. It seems that there were only one who had Ebola like symptoms .. i wonder how Russia is actually doing this isolation. One case with obvious symptoms and yet 220 students are still in observation and have not cleared. Russia also is trying to make a vaccine, but has had no success with that yet.

Any thoughts ?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Sounds more like the response we should have had here. I wouldn't want to be one of those students having to go through that,but I also would not want to be responsible for infecting others. If this gets loose in the general population you can forget trying to control it. We have sick people coming across our borders now and they can't stop that.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Needless to say the Russian press will be tight lipped about this.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I recommend reading the decline and fall of the Roman empire to tell you what happens in America down the road.

Russia won't mess around. The y lock suspected hosts in isolation, we 'send them home'.

Lets see which "system" works better in the long run.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I believe being tight lipped is a universal phenomenon, what we see and what we are allowed to "see" is just a tip of the iceberg.

There was an interesting interview of Peter Piot the guy who discovered Ebola about the current situation
Spiegel

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

From that article… can't imagine how those people must feel looking on like that…

Pics

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
On the surface, it seems the Russian health authorities are more thorough and pro-active than their US counterparts?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Russia is being prudent,and erring on the side of caution,from what i've read.A sensible response to the Ebola issue,especially as regards individuals from high-risk countries.a reply to: dollukka

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I'm in agreement with everyone else on this one. Russia seems to have gotten this one right.

If the incubation period for Ebola is as long as 21 days, then those traveling from an at-risk country should be put in a quarantine facility, for 21 days, that is set up at every airport that accepts flights from at-risk countries. Start with Chicago and Atlanta, those are the heaviest.

If that seems like a hassle to people, think of the alternative. This is not something you want to leave to questionnaires and the assumption that everyone will be 100% forthcoming with those questions.

wwwnc.cdc.gov...

ebola.emedtv.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DeepImpactX

Yes but how the quarantine is managed in Russia, tech POV what kind of facilities and how many people are in same room, what kinda gives it out when 220 is still kept in quarantine, every fifth out of 1000 is a big number. Are the few infected spreading the disease to those who are not infected in quarantine areas. Numbers Numbers ...

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
They appear to be taking it very seriously. That's a good thing. But you have to wonder (always with Russia) what they are not telling us.

Different countries...different responses. The Chinese probably just burn the entire villages. That's sarcasm. Sort of.
edit on 10/5/2014 by ~Lucidity because: left out a word

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Looks like the US should be learning something from Russia when it comes to having the wellbeing of their citizens in their best interest.

They are quarantine everybody, no just those that shows signs of infection.

That is the way to do things, here in the US the government wants us to be "compassioned" about people bringing the disease into the nation, what that tells you, that is ok to be infected as long as you show compassion, the government can go and shove their "compassioned" thoughts where the sun doesn't shine

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Not quite but they do seal off the entire area that becomes infected - and I do mean the entire area. As shown in the July outbreak of the bubonic Plague.

www.theguardian.com... city-yumen-sealed-bubonic-plague-death

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
It's good that Russia is quarantining these people. We should be doing more worldwide to stop the spread of Ebola. I feel that they are purposely allowing it to spread myself, possibly either to make us fearful or to trim populations worldwide. If the second reason is the reason, then there is already an efficient vaccine that has been discovered by those running this thing. It seems like they are using sickness and disease to stimulate the economy instead of war nowadays.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It seems like they are using sickness and disease to stimulate the economy instead of war nowadays.

Example please.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Tekmira shares has rocketed up within a week almost 30%. There are winners and losers in this epidemy, Pharma´s are doing fine while goverments are doing poorly. Intresting is that Tekmira shares went uphill this week even the drug is supposed to be run out and last Friday an patient in Frankfurt had admitted zmapp according Tekmira.
Link

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

The medical industry and Pharmacutical industry and other suppliers in the US account to about twenty two percent of our GNP. Now anyone should be able to see a relationship to keeping people ill and economic benefit.

If The reasons for cancer were found and eliminated, our Economy would suffer beyond belief. Add all the other possible diseases in there and our economy here would collapse. I'm studying the roots of most diseases. It appears this has been known for a long time.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

Tekmira shares has rocketed up within a week almost 30%. There are winners and losers in this epidemic, Pharma´s are doing fine while governments are doing poorly. Interesting is that Tekmira shares went uphill this week even the drug is supposed to be run out and last Friday an patient in Frankfurt had admitted zmapp according Tekmira.
Link

Thank you for that. It's always good to have proof for your suspicions.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

The medical industry and Pharmacutical industry and other suppliers in the US account to about twenty two percent of our GNP. Now anyone should be able to see a relationship to keeping people ill and economic benefit.

If The reasons for cancer were found and eliminated, our Economy would suffer beyond belief. Add all the other possible diseases in there, and our economy here would collapse. I'm studying the roots of most diseases. It appears this has been known for a long time.

That's pretty sad how so much of the American economy is dependant upon the sickness of its residents.

Now I feel bad. I don't get sick so I'm not doing my part to stimulate the economy. I'm such a bad American.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Well, you better get your butt in gear and get a flu shot and get your BP checked and your cholesterol checked so they have a chance to convince you that you are really sick even though you are feeling good.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join