It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

need a quick 'get over maybe flu' thing in one day fix.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

I'm a medical doctor, and I never take anything for viral infections, except for acetaminophen or ibuprofen, and maybe a nasal spray if its blocked.

It will go away in a couple of days on its own. Just take care not to spread it to someone who is weak and might not survive it - so stay at home for those two days.

I've been ill for the first day of a job-contract. It is embarrassing to call in sick the first day, but it is the right thing to do.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

Funny that stupid novelty of a solution is the only reason I made it through this weekend.
I have stock in antibiotics, other drugs and my father is a surgeon, so all it takes is a phone call but those alka seltzers from 2006 were the only thing that did the trick.
I have a feeling I need to get more for this winter soon.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Joseph Mercola is an osteopath. The FDA hates him because he is anti-drug. He recommends natural cures and therapies.

Check out this vid:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

AnteBellum - isn't it amazing? When I was first told to try it I thought the person telling me must have easy reactions to drugs, because come on, Alka Seltzer? I am blown away each time I need to use it.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I have a natural cure my stepfather taught me. He learned it from his doctor friend.

You have to stick to it for a whole day though, and you will pee a lot. It's very cheap and it works.
All you need is lemons, water and either honey or sugar to sweeten.

Every 2-3 hours squeeze a whole big lemon into a glass of water, sweeten with honey or sugar and drink it.
Do this every 2-3 hours.

Vitamin C will get rid of the flu/ cold for you in 1 day.

I have to be honest here though. After drinking lemonade, sour one at that every 2-3 hours for a whole day, by the end of the day I had promised my step dad that I shall never even look at a lemon after this ever again!

But it worked!

My fever went down, the headache went away, I sneezed/ coughed less, and before going to bed I felt much better.
That's when my stepdad came to say good night with another glass of - yes you guessed- it the sour lemon drink from hell.

But when I woke up the next day I was A-okay, the cold had vanished.

I keep lemons and oranges in my fridge at all times now. And even learned to like them.

Wishing you a speedy recovery, and congratulations on the new job!

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Vitamin C. So eat those oranges!
Drink some tea with honey in it.
Take a warm bath.
Bundle up and sleep. I say bundle up because hopefully you'll sweat it out.
Good luck!

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Usually, in those type of situations, I will do the following:
1. The night before, take a hot shower, as long as you want. Clear any gunk from your nose while you're in there; that way, you will have a fighting chance to breathing.

2. Get some kind of warm liquid inside you (Hot Cider works especially well, but I will also do tea). In my case, I spike the hot liquid with honey (partially, this is done for...bathroom-related purposes, using the "better out than in" mentality; I'll leave it up to your imagination).

3. When you go to sleep, make sure that you have multiple layers that you can add or remove, depending on the temperature. Also, get to bed as early as you can, because the alarm will come bright and early.

4. In the morning, another long, hot shower, and some more hot liquids (sans the honey, in my case...Don't need to go to work and run to the bathroom every couple minutes).

5. Throughout the day, eat something, but only eat something that won't cause you to puke. I'd do something like toast, apple juice, or a pop like Vernors or 7-up (these will calm down the stomach in small doses).

Also, I recently discovered that pine-needle tea helped a lot in one of my "home cure" tries. I don't recommend picking fresh, unless you can identify the tree, because if you pick the wrong stuff (such as yew), then you'd be brewing a tea that could kill you.

Side note: I've never heard of Ginger Root tea - I should probably try this the next time I'm sick (I'll put up with the vomiting).
-fossilera

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Thanks all! I'm doing better today though I'm tired still. I believe I will be able to at least go to my orientation tomorrow at 2pm, and i'm going to try to get to my first night. starts at 11pm. I have to hoof it to and from work for a while, it's 2 miles one way; hoping I can land a ride to and from once winter starts. WE got to -25 degrees fahrenheit last winter which was abnormal for here (here being southern Indiana) so hopefully this winter will be nicer.

At any rate, I will invest in some gor tex clothing and excellent winter boots. just in case. I wont rely on anyone 100% because we know how humans and situations can go. I have two legs that work fine: if I must hike during winter, I will hike during winter. I'll be eating vitamin c, Ecanacia (however it is spelled) and lemon/honey water and so on as much as possible while doing so, haha. Even if i don't have to walk. I just stopped smoking about 2 weeks back and am on an ecig so hopefully that means broncitis and/or pneumonia won't be an issue

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Glad to see you're feeling better OP.

I'm not the kind to promote "whacko" cures, but here I go. Freaking elderberry man. Girlfriend gave me some when I was sick awhile back and I bounced back way faster than usual (and I bounce back REALLY fast). Could have been a placebo effect certainly. I stopped mocking her goofy treatment the next morning.

I'll load up on vitamins, drink lots of fluids and if I can't sleep do NyQuil. Also lots of sleep.

If I'm real bad I'll do DayQuil.

You already know this, but wash your hands. I do every time I get home and rarely get a cold.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Garlic. Eat (fresh) garlic with everything. I've had garlic scrambled eggs, garlic egg sandwiches, and garlic everything. It makes me get better within a day. It is a natural antibiotic and it works.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join