It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

need a quick 'get over maybe flu' thing in one day fix.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Seriously, I'm starting a new job monday and my body decided to catch itself some kinda flu or something. I really can't afford to be sick, heh. No it's not Ebola -_____- Monday night at 11pm my shift starts. I have 10 month old day quil liquid in my bathroom cabinet - will that work or is it dead? it expired dec 13. Usually I just ride things out and they pass when they pass but yeah. New job. Day after... well it's 1am so tomorrow now.

I have oranges. should I just eat a ton of them? dont really have the funds to buy meds, that's why, else I'd have done that logical step. I have a headache, as well as an eyeball headache (sure you know what I mean), tired, kinda sore throat, chilly. I think I got this from walking to get groceries and it was a cold 56 degreees out at the time. I can't miss work. That would look so bad. No, I have no insurance (though in 6 months I can get medical insurance here for 42 dollars a week. Yay!) but that doesn't help now, hehe. :/

halp? advice? im in southern indiana so no where by the evil ebola. im safe.
in the words of Arnold: "It's not Ebola. It's not Ebola. At all."

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

Ginger root tea works, if you can obtain pure ginger root. It might make you puke for a few hours but it will work.

Preparation is simple, boil water, pour in cup, put root in... let steep... drink.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I dont know about one day, but when I feel like Im getting sick, I do the following:

Vit C 1000 mgs/day for immune system.

Ecinacia as directed on the bottle, for immune system.

ZMA (Zinc monomethionine and magnesium aspartate) 30 minutes before bed, at least 2 hours after eating. This helps the body to heal at night. Zinc also has anti-viral properties.

Melatonin 0.5 to 1 mg at bedtime to help you sleep deeply.

These are all vitamin supplements that strengthen the immune system and help your body heal while sleeping. Drink plenty of water to help your body flush out the virus.

This works wonders for me every time. I follow this regiment until symptoms cease.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I don't think I could begin to find a ginger root around here. Maybe an hour or two away. thanks for the advice though.

YOu really have to puke before it works?
edit on 23amSun, 05 Oct 2014 01:38:23 -0500Sun, 05 Oct 2014 01:38:23 -0500am1833 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

thank you. I'll pick some of all that up tomorrow if possible. I should be able to. I think food stamps let a person buy those. I think.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Alka seltzer with ibuprofen in it. Sounds lame but you will feel like you are human again, have strength, fever and body pains will go, nausea will go, you'll feel great. Then at the four hour mark it will fade out of your body and you will feel like death warmed over again. Quick fix, works like a charm, and costs pennies.

Good luck!

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

I acutally have Alka and Ibu here. O_O I shall give that go.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

I don't know if everyone does. I just know that on the occassions that I have used it, projectile vomiting was involved. Individual results may vary.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

I like the suggestions the other posters listed but this is a super quick fix. Just be warned that if you live on this remedy for a few days (because it works so well) and are prone to heartburn, oiiliii - watch out!

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

I don't know if everyone does. I just know that on the occassions that I have used it, projectile vomiting was involved. Individual results may vary.

Projectile, eh?

At least I'd give my new fellow workers something to remember me by forever. I'd get a new work nickname of PVC.
great. Projectile Vomit Chick

hehehe. Just messing around, Heff. You know my humor by now.

I may man up and give it a try sometime. The idea of PV doesn't appeal to me but if it works......
edit on 37amSun, 05 Oct 2014 01:53:37 -0500Sun, 05 Oct 2014 01:53:37 -0500am1833 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ccseagull

I like the suggestions the other posters listed but this is a super quick fix. Just be warned that if you live on this remedy for a few days (because it works so well) and are prone to heartburn, oiiliii - watch out!

I'm not a heartburn person thank goodness so .... anything is worth a shot.

All these potential cures and 'this could happen' remind me of the meds on tv.
"Call your dr if you experience rash, bleeding, ulcers, migraines, eyeballs popping out, eardrums bursting, constipation.... but don't worry, your sniffles will be gone!"

just playing around there but yea. Seems valid cures bring about potential pain haha.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Oh the getting sick part only lasts for a couple of hours after drinking the tea...

When I was 14 I had a job ( illegally and under the table ) washing dishes in a for real Chinese restaurant. So legit that only the waitstaff and owner spoke English - everyone else spoke Mandarin.

Anyway one night I came in with a massive case of the flu. Sick as a dog. The owner walked up to me with what I thought looked like sugar cane in hot water. Over the time I had worked there I'd been exposed to Chinese herbalist medicine before and was amazed that it seemed to work. So I drank.

Before that night I cannot recall ever really noticing the smell of pure ginger. Since then I can smell it a mile away. In fact Old Spice cologne seems to be nothing but ginger and it makes me gag a little when I smell somebody wearing it.

After drinking I became violently ill within minutes. I was sent home where I continued to be violently ill for a bit, before I drifted off to sleep.

Woke up the next day feeling like a million bucks. All symptoms gone. Impressive since 12 hours earlier my body had apparently tried to convert itself into a mucus and phlegm factory.

Pure ginger root is available at some grocery stores. I know this because, as stated above, when I smell it, I am accutely aware of that fact.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

I drink a hot tottie.... good warm, sweet,and smooth helps you unwind and drowse out or a strong hit tea with a good squeeze of local honey.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Heff ... you were born hard corp!!

sarra: Make sure you get some good sleep. If it's viral ... it has to run its course.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Little tip from someone who knew a bunch of pharmacists. Drugs are good well beyond their expiration dates if taken care of properly. There are exceptions, of course.

On the ginger root tea, add brown sugar. You won't puke. People drink ginger root tea all the time. It works better if you peel the root and throw it in the pot to boil.
edit on 10/5/2014 by suz62 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/5/2014 by suz62 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
one can buy junk food, soda and even freakin ICE with food stamps -but not vitamins or/and herbs to stay healthy.

really???????? How idiotic. How positively idiotic.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Hi

This has saved me from multiple flu seasons, immune system breakdowns and other symptoms:

Colloidal Silver

Vitamin C (large doses)

Osilococinum (Brand: Boiron)

All are available in any good health food store.

I have been using these remedies effectively for decades and so have my (now grown) children.

Anybody who tells you they don't work is either a liar or hasn't tried them.

Do yourself a favor - try them.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   

I use tea made from ginger root and add tsp honey to it. No vomiting ever. Tastes good too

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
So I am the only one who gets violently ill from the miracle cure?

Yeah... That actually follows my usual luck.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
As usual, vitamin C and D help, just take megadose of vitamin C, you cannot die to it!

Also ginger&lemon tea, that tea is miracle! Ginger works better with lemon. In fact that is the best tea for cold, I always take it when it feels I'm going to get flu, and it works every time. Even during the flu, it lessens the symptoms, though it doesn't help fewer, as ginger has warming properties, it may make the fewer worse. Ginger is potential antibiotic and antiviral, also strong anti-inflammatory properties. Lemon is strong antioxidant. Good combination.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join