It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 14 Creepiest Things Kids Have Said About Their “Imaginary Friends”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Sounds like some of you have children who are seeing the real thing. Please don't ever tell them it's their imagination.
My parents did that to me. It only leaves the child feeling alone with no support to turn to. Most children are smart enough to know when they are using their own mind, and when it's a real ghost.

If the ghost is causing alarm I would suggest getting a medium to come in and help those earthbound souls move on.

Here is the name of a new member who can help you. I've met and talked with him on another site, and he is genuine. I'm the one who invited him to come to ATS so he could help people who have "bad spirits" in their home.
Send him a U2U message:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

Thanks dear Sled.

I actually have a paranormal problem that I cannot solve on my own, so I am very happy for this strange coincidence.

As if coincidences existed. lol
I've sent him a u2u.
It's actually not about me, I'm protected, but a close family member.

Once again, wonderful thread, and I am happy it lead me to help.

edit on 4/10/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: added a thought

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

You're very welcome. Gavin has a partner who is a medium, and they work for free. He can help you over skype if he can't come to see you in person.
I have also invited another person to ATS in this field, but I don't see his introductory post yet. I'll have to contact him to get his username here.

Here is an example of how Gavin helped another member on ATS already:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So it comes to this point. I dont know why but I do know everything happens for a reason. I was hit up by poster and new ATS member Gavin Canavan on this thread yesterday and we spoke. He said a hedge blessing and had me repeat it, said it would take some time to work.....

All I have to say is wow! about 10 min after disconnecting the skype call with him, I was standing in the upstairs hallway with my wife and this wave of goodness and happiness flushed through me from the ends of my hair all the way down to the tips of my toes. My wife got this funny look on her face and told me that I looked more relaxed than she had seen in weeks.

Point is this, Thank you Gavin for taking the time out of your busy schedule to help a nonspiritual person with a spiritual dilemma. My house and the area around it does legitimately feel cleaner and happier since you and i talked earlier today!
I suggest if anyone else has any kinda issues even remotely close to what my family and I have experienced what i have shared in this thread please look the man up he is on ATS. Thank you Thank You Thank You!!!!!! oh and I will tell all of you trolls once again, I could care less..... flame me, make jokes, talk you # dont believe me, whatever, I have repeated several times throughout this thread that attention is the last thing I wanted. all I was looking for is answers to this problem My family and I were experiencing and I think I found em'!!!

edit on 10/4/2014 by sled735 because: add quoted message

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I know how u2u's sometimes get lost.
Please check your u2us Sled.
I've sent you one.

Also back on topic. I had one of my best friends tell me that she had a spirit playing with her as a child, and the spirit told her ( a girl) who her husband would be in the future,and gave his name.
She's been married to him for 10 years now.

And she never would have given him the minute of the day hadn't she remembered his name. She is a music teacher and he develops software. They were worlds apart, but she remembered what her 'imaginary friend' once told her and now they have just welcomed their first baby to this world.

So yes, most of these 'imaginary friends' are helpful and the ones that ask you to kill people need to be blocked, and sent away, far away. Luckily those evil spirits are lower in numbers.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Sounds like some of you have children who are seeing the real thing. Please don't ever tell them it's their imagination.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

That's an awesome story!
I get the feeling this "imaginary friend" was actually a spirit guide. I could be wrong, but that's what came to me.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This has always been a subject that has held my interest. My son when he was 3 had an imaginary friend, I would hear him in his room talking to him. When I would ask about him he would tell me about how this friend would come and play with him and tell him that he loved him

One day my son asked not to be called by his name but by another name that his "friend" told him to go by. I was really amazed at this because my son's middle name was a French name that belonged to his deceased great grandfather and the name that his "friend" told him to use was the nickname that his great father went by.

About the time he was old enough to go to school his friend stopped coming to visit him. What I found even more interesting in this, is that no one in the family ever called grandpapa by his nickname, no one. It was only his work associates and friends that called him by the nickname. There was no way my son would have known that name.

There is no doubt in my mind that this friend was his great grandfather, who by the way passed a few years before my son was born. When we he got older I would ask him if he remembered his friend and he would say, yeah, it was great grandpapa. By then he knew of him from pictures.

I have done searches online of other children who have experienced such things and I can tell you there is so much out there it will take days to read it. Demons? No, I don't think so. Deceased family and friends in my estimation.

SnF
edit on 4-10-2014 by 2manyholes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder
When I was a kid I had no friends so I wanted to have an imaginary friend very badly, but I didn't even have one of those. So I made one up and pretended I had an imaginary friend. I guess I had an imaginary, imaginary friend.

Yes I'm sure that's all they are in most cases.

It's either an only child or a child with siblings several years older, thereby causing the child to be socially isolated.

The child constructs a playmate with whom to interact simply because a real one isn't available.

I'm not pooh-poohing the supernatural stories, but I think it's pretty easily explainable as a psychosocial construct.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 2manyholes

that's interesting
i've wondered about family members

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Not sure how old I was nor too much about it, But I was told I had an imaginary friend that my mom said was some kind of pirate. I dont remember his full name but I called him captain something my mom couldnt remember the name.

It is actually kind of weird because I have I think a decent recollection of my memories my earliest recollection I think I was about 1 and I remember this because It was 2 of my sisters and one of my sisters friends and they put me outside in the play pen. Anyway they start to freak out because they see a bee and they ran inside without getting me. I got stung ofcourse and I remember crying and I somehow got out of my play pen and walking inside crying. I don't remember the pain from it and from what I have been told I got stung in the lip and the singer went through my lip.

But my imaginary friend I cannot place at all.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

I had an imaginary friend when I was a kid, which was weird because I had pleny of real-life friends too, and lying just isn't in my nature. So my parents were pretty creeped out when I began describing a blue-faced man who hung out with me in our attic and taught me about various subjects I no longer recall (I don't remember ANY details of this imaginary friend, which is strange because I do remember the house we lived in - including the attic).

Anyway, I think I told them one day that he was a sailor who had drowned at sea (we lived across the road from the beach), so I used to refer to him as "Swimmy". I was convinced he was real, but I never made any real effort to prove his existence. I didn't really care if people believed me or not at the time (which was another thing that creeped my parents out - clearly I wasn't telling them about him just because I was seeking their attention. I believed what I told them. Whether or not he was real, however, I can't say for sure. Maybe I did just dream him up out of childish boredom).

One day he asked me to go swimming with him in the ocean my mum reckons, but I refused, and ever since then I don't think I ever mentioned him again. Bizarre memories... I'm still not sure if I wasn't just making him up for whatever reason. But the fact that I don't remember a thing about him, when I used to talk about him all the time, is weird to me. Anyway, that's all I can offer to the discussion

I don't recall ever feeling endangered by this Swimmy character, but the fact that he asked a small child to go swimming on an un-patrolled beach without supervision or company kind of makes me wonder what it was all about!
edit on 5/10/2014 by TheAnarchist because: ~

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Great thread OP, I never had an imaginary friend myself that i recall, but my younger brother would often talk about an old lady that used too appear at times in his life when he was unhappy or in danger, for example, his earliest memory of her was when he would be around 6 years old, he was playing in the sea and was knocked over by a wave, he said an old lady helped him up, he also saw her just before and after being knocked down by a mini after getting off the school bus, he didn't even have a scratch on him, he also said she appeared when our parents split up, i think he said that was the last time he saw her. I always told him it was his guardian angel, i think he was around 13 when my parents split so not that young really.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: learnatic

Young kids don't have 'imaginary' friends, they are real. Young kids can see what we cant because they still have the power to see into the astral world, the next world where we come from. They can see into the astral plane because they have not yet become tainted by us. We adults 'teach' kids to not believe in 'imaginary friends' and the astral plane which causes them to loose their belief and therefore their ability to see into the astral plane and talk to people they see.

Australian aboriginals believe the reasons for tantrums when kids about 2 years old is because the kids at that age start to loose the ability to go back into the astral plane (dreamtime in aboriginal parlance) at will. The Aboriginal remedy for tantrums is to talk quietly to the child and tell them they will be fine and that you will take care of them. This is why in years past there was very little evidence of tantrums in aboriginal children.

This comes from one of Tuesday Lobsang Rumpa's books, cant remember which one now, 30 years ago now but still got the books.

yea, yea, yea, I know all abut the debunking etc etc etc so don't bother with it. Don't believe any of it if you don't want to, no one is trying to make you. You have nothing to fear.

You pretty much well nailed it.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Yeah the imaginary friend thing has always given me the creeps,my kids never had any.My son did seem to be giggling at something we could'nt see when he was a baby of the age where he could sit up unassisted-but being so small,he could've found anything amusing,eg a wasp flying past,we always have those big wasps in our house-they mind their business,and target spiders especially,so they're very welcome.
As soon as my kids reached an age where we could have an effective talk about this matter,i made a point of sitting them down and told them that imaginary friends are not allowed-and if they are approached by this type of entity(a "friend" that is visible only to them,to make it simple for them to understand) they have to tell us immediately.I let them know that spirits can be very deceitful and take advantage of innocence and ignorance-so to be on the safe side,such a being should be reported to us at once-Straight after they have,themselves,told it to piss off and leave them alone in a very firm way.a reply to: sled735

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I believe children could see things we as adults no longer can because we have been conditioned not to believe in it or conditioned to believe we cannot see them. However children on the other hand not only have not been condisioned yet for such things but there closer to I don't really know what to call it maybe the ether in either case they are closer to it being so young there for they have the ability to see them for easily.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Your grandfather was old enough for your son to have been someone he knew during his life that died and came back as your son. He must have had a strong bond with this person in another lifetime for him to come back and check on him and tell him he loved him.
Soul groups stick together.

Your story gives me a really good feeling. Good to know they are close by, watching over us.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley

originally posted by: CraftBuilder
When I was a kid I had no friends so I wanted to have an imaginary friend very badly, but I didn't even have one of those. So I made one up and pretended I had an imaginary friend. I guess I had an imaginary, imaginary friend.

Yes I'm sure that's all they are in most cases.

It's either an only child or a child with siblings several years older, thereby causing the child to be socially isolated.

The child constructs a playmate with whom to interact simply because a real one isn't available.

I'm not pooh-poohing the supernatural stories, but I think it's pretty easily explainable as a psychosocial construct.

I'm sure this could be true in some cases, but there is too much validation that this is not always the case.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: blacktie

that's interesting
i've wondered about family members

Someone from our family/soul group will always be there when we need them. If they are allowed to help without changing something in the path we came to follow, they will.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: sandman441

A pirate? That's interesting.
It could have been someone from a past life, or it could have been an earthbound soul that was just looking for company.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAnarchist

I've read that a lot of members on ATS have seen blue people. Interesting.

I also read that blue people/orbs are supposed to produce a calming affect to an area that may be highly charged with emotion.
I think the person has to go with how it affects them on a personal level. Never under-estimate your own intuition.

I don't like the fact that it tried to get you to go in the ocean. Nope! Not good! Glad you didn't go. I don't think you would be sharing your experience if you did.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join