It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 14 Creepiest Things Kids Have Said About Their “Imaginary Friends”

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

The same little girl I was talking about saw God before a surgery. I can't recall what the surgery was for but it was when they were still trying to figure out what was wrong with her. She was at BC Children's Hospital and was sitting on her Mom's lap as a doctor explained the surgery to her. He had squat down in front of her so he could talk to her face to face & tell her a bit about the surgery. The Mom noticed the girl staring off into a corner of the room up at the ceiling, she whispered in her daughters ear to find out what she was staring at and the little girl responded "I'm looking at God"

The Mom didn't get a chance to ask her daughter any more questions before she was taken into surgery. The Mom ran down the chapel and prayed her brains out. After the surgery was over and the girl was awake, the Mom asked her if she remembered what she told her before the surgery. She thought about it for a moment and said she remembered that God was there. Her Mom asked why and she responded that God was letting her know that everything was going to be ok.

**Goosebumps**

If you would like to know more paranormal stuff that happened with the girl & her family, click on this link: My paranormal experiences

You can always ask myself or Knoledgeispower for more details, we've been friends for years so I know most of the events.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabiduria

Awesome! Thanks.

I remember subscribing to that thread. I'll give it a look when I have more time.
Time to get ready for work...again.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
My son had an imaginary friend a couple of years ago. He's just turned 4 so I guess he was about 2/3 at the time. We noticed he would say "Giggle" quite a lot when he was learning to talk - we assumed it was baby talk for somthing else so didn't think anything of it.

As time went on his references to "Giggle" became apparant that he was addressing a person. He would get blamed for mess and things going missing etc. In all honesty nothing freaky came of it - just my imagination as Giggle makes me instantly conjur up a freaky clown-like image..

On another note - I didn't have an imaginary friend as a child but I did have a dream friend. It was a cross between a sheep and a tortoise called "Baa" or "Bar" but I always used to spell it "Baar" (bear with me here). It was in almost every one of my dreams as I'd started talking about him/it to my mum and dad and they'd recalled this to me on occasion. There wasn't anything mystical about it - apart from being a sheep tortoise of course - it was just a companion in my dreams.

Once in a while "Baar" wouldn't be around but "Baddy Baar" would appear (Baddy as in "baddies" and "goodies"). He was an evil looking little thing. I remember it was a smallish size, same sort of size of a tortoise but had the wings of a bat coming out of it's back and it's feet were webbed like that of a toad/frog but with legs of a spider. It's head/face was not too dissimilar to that of an old man but with the features of a sterotyplical vampire; pointed nose and ears. There was always heat associated with it in the form of either fire, steam or smoke and the smell associated with burning.

All I can remember was when it was in my dreams I'd be scared and always be looking for Baar to come and help me out. After a while I just stopped dreaming about him - I specifically remember the final dream where a steaming loaf of bread fell down my stairs (go figure!) and that was it.

Now - imagine my reaction when I was having a poke aroung Google and found this:

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 10 7 2014 by docnorton because: Added Pic

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: sled735
a reply to: Sabiduria

Awesome! Thanks.

I remember subscribing to that thread. I'll give it a look when I have more time.
Time to get ready for work...again.

Yeah, now I remember. I posted the first two replies.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: docnorton

Wow! That is just plain weird!
en.wikipedia.org...

Baell) is in 17th Century goetic occult writings one of the seven princes of Hell. The name is drawn from the Canaanite deity Baal mentioned in the Hebrew Bible as the primary god of the Phoenicians.
While his Semitic predecessor was depicted as a man or a bull,[1] the demon Baal was in grimoire tradition said to appear in the forms of a man, cat, toad, or combinations thereof. An illustration in Collin de Plancy's 1818 book Dictionnaire Infernal rather curiously placed the heads of the three creatures onto a set of spider legs.

Seems Baell was visiting you in the astral plane!
I'm happy he finally left!
Seeing that had to be very disturbing for you; it would be for me.

Thanks for sharing.

edit on 10/7/2014 by sled735 because: change comment

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: docnorton

That is pretty freaky to have Baal in you dreams like that. Most of these demons are just kind of like the two faces of the same thing, in fact most demons like this Baal character or many others which are considered demons now were actually worshiped as gods in the middle east, before they got supplanted by other gods, which in turn got supplanted by yet other gods and religions, and when we come to the abrahamic religions they took different roles, and eventually in the more mythologized Christianity they turned into demons. Baal was actually a few gods or attributed to a few different functions centuries ago like the god of thunderstorms or fertility or agriculture or depending on which side of river you were a bunch of other functions. Basically a many faced god or some such.

Its pretty weird how such silly things manifest and blend and evolve with the human psyches over time. The other side of the stained glass window I suppose.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Eeeewww looks like prince charles..what an ordeal,my sympathy.a reply to: docnorton

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
My younger brother had an imaginary friend called Peter. He was just a normal imaginary friend that a child plays with, until one day he suddenly stopped.

My mam asked him what had happened to Peter, why didn't he play with him anymore? My brother replied that the birds came and carried Peter away by his sleeves.

I thought this sounded similar to how a child would describe angels carrying someone away.

edit on 9-10-2014 by Gomez1nil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Gomez1nil

Yes, I think you may be right. How long ago was this?

I ask because I read a few years ago that the angels were getting ready to do a "sweep" of the planet to retrieve earthbound souls (all that would come). According to the article, angels do a sweep every so many years.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I suppose this is the place to post it. I had a bizzare dream last night, in fact I think reading docnorton post about his dream buddy baar/baal may have triggered it or it was juggling in my head and lead to me having this very real dream, as it was the last thing I read right before I went to sleep.

Anyways, its sort of fading now, but I am pretty sure it was a lucid dream, in fact I have had this type of dream before, the type were you are awake, and you have something standing over your bed and your basically paralyzed and cant move. It happens generally late at night or in the morning hours about a hour or two before you wake up. Anyways I forget what I was originally dreaming about, but somehow I started dreaming that I was in my bead about to get up, its till night time outside and pitch black in my room, I feel like I am waking up, but kind of question why am I waking up in the middle of the night. At which point I get all kinds of thoughts in my head, and it starts to get all spooky, I kind of doze in and off with random thoughts or short dreams none of them really pleasant.

During that time I know I am sleeping but it feels like I am awake, I even open my eyes and look around my room and its pretty much how it would be, so I go back to sleep, I do this a few times just to confirm that I am awake. And after a while I sort of think to myself OK im going to go back to sleep. And as I feel myself doze off, my door slowly opens, and I open my eyes again, as my bed is in line of sight with the door I can see it open. Then this thing walks in my room, I seen it before, in fact I had this dream and experience before, its what you would call an image shifter, one time it was even a complete shadow standing over me years ago when I had this sort of dream and with the almost exact type of scenario only what it looks like changes from time to time, one of these days I may wake up and it will probably be a little gray, and I will be like. "You got to be kidding me?"

But anyways, back to the dream/experience I had last night.

As soon as the door opened a crack, I could even hear it open because its got a creak/squeak to it, that's when the fear sets in, and I go paralyzed. Literally cant get up or move, its kind of like being trapped in your own body, its like you know whats there is not human but you cant quite make out what it is, till eventually it sort of drifts in your mind and basically takes form the things in there, this time I couldn't quite make out what or who it was, before it came in I sort of though my younger brother was coming into my room, and then for some reason it sort of shifted between my younger brother and my old man.

Seriously no joke, it was not so much scary other then the fact that you feel like you have a led blanket weighing a few thousands pounds on you and cant move, but it was a bit comical in a way, and just bizarre like I was either having the most bizarre nightmare which couldn't decide what was more scarier. At one point this thing which I pictured as my old man/whatever had a gun in its hand, and it was looking at it like saying "oh look what I have" and then it pointed it at me. No joke, at that point this fear overcame me, I mean at first I couldn't decide if I was having a lucid dream or if it was real, but when the fear blanket came in strong. It really did feel real, and then I tied to get up, but like I said it felt like I had a lead blanket on me weighing a small car, and my arms and legs were tied down.

I literally felt like I was straining through something invisible which was on me to get up into sitting position on the bed. And as soon as the fear came in strong, that's when all other thoughts left my head and the whole thing sort of became more then just a surreal possible dream I was having or even a comical bizarre freaky dream, it became something akin to when you jump off a high place, and stare down you get that feeling in the pit of your stomach that confirms things are real and in real possible danger or somebody can get hurt. Same thing here, it was so strong it basically overwhelmed every other thought or feeling I had in my head, even the thought that this was some strange dream. It was like as soon as you accept it as real it overtakes you.

Anyways eventually I broke through whatever it was, it felt like I was literally lifting something off me, I eventually pushed like crazy and came up with a scream into a sitting position on my bead looking directely at it and the door as it was not far from the door and still holding the gun pointing at me. At which point, literally everything dissipated and the room became normal again, the entity or dream or whatever it was disappeared like it was never there, and the door and everything in the room was exactly the same only now it was closed. In fact I sat there thinking about it for a few minutes trying to think if I actually had my eyes open the entire time, or if I had them closed and was dreaming the entire thing up to the point were I got up with a scream and everything became normal because I opened my eyes, or if I actually had my eyes closed the whole time and was dreaming it all, up till the point I woke up violently. Kind of like those dreams you have that your falling so you kick your leg out and wake up, like that only my whole body just got up twitched up on the bed.

It was so interlaced and so real that I really cant tell if I was dreaming up to that point or if I was awake the whole time, but if I was dreaming and had my eyes closed the whole room looked exactly the same and there were no changes but the thing was not there and the door was closed.

But I am leaning toward it being a lucid dream up to that point, on the simple point that the creak in the door when that thing came in and started to mess with me mentally was a bit different then what the actual door sounds like. I know because I meant to fix it, lube up the hinges so it stops, In fact I have been meaning to do it for weeks, even months, but it always slips my mind, so I remembered as I was sitting that that the sound of the door opening and the creaking sound it makes when that thing cam in was different then it actually is. In fact I even remembered that the whole thing played out like a spooky movie or one of those spookie movies everybody sees the one with the slowly opening creaky door, its like I had the sound and scene in my head and whatever it was pulled it out and used it for dramatic effect, or I was overlapping movies I seen with my lucid dream experience. Only even after I was awake fully I couldn't tell if it was a dream or not because it was pretty dam real.

But in all, thats my story. And hey at least one good thing came out of all that. I finally got some DW40 and lubed up those hinges on the door, so no more squeaky and creaky door anymore.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

I think what you experienced is called sleep paralysis. This happens when the person is in deep sleep. In this state our mind prevents our bodies from moving so we won't "act out" what we are dreaming about, so we won't hurt ourselves.

It is also during sleep paralysis that a lot of people have reported thinking they have awakened and see something terrifying in their room.
You can google sleep paralysis and read all about it.

While sleep paralysis may explain some peoples horrifying experiences, I do think there are cases where entities from other dimensions come in and take control of us. It's hard to know which is which sometimes.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: sled735

It must have been around 15 years ago. My brother is 19 now. I'm quite disappointed I never had an imaginary friend when I was younger as I'm the only one in the family with an active interest in all things paranormal/mysterious.

On a side note: Just stumbled across this forum a couple of months ago and have been reading avidly. Love it!
edit on 10-10-2014 by Gomez1nil because: Forgot to link replyto

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Gomez1nil

Thank you, Gomez.

If you like this thread, you ought to click on my signature and read all the paranormal stories shared there. Over 280 pages! It's the first thread I did when I joined ATS, and it's still going today, two and a half years later.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I don't remember this, but I have been told a thousand times about a man I used to see when I was two. I called him the "funny man". Sometimes I'd be laughing my head off, pointing in the air, sometimes right next to my mom, where there was no one. When asked, I would explain that the funny man was doing funny antics for me.

It would freak people out because I would laugh and talk to him even with others present, and insist he was right there, and not understand why no one else saw him.

My mother was pregnant at the time, with my little brother. The day she went into labor, it was night, and they did not wake me. My mother was preparing to go to the hospital, my grandmother was on the way to stay at the house with me. I suddenly came out fo the room distressed and claimed , "The Funny Man is crying! "

That was the last time I saw or spoke of him.

My mother had an aquaintance that was a psychic or medium, and when questioned, she said that the funny man was the spirit of my mothers great uncle (passed away before I was born). This uncle was known for being good with kids and amusing them at family get togethers, doing funny faces and jokes for them. This medium said that he had been in charge of looking after and protecting my brother while in utero, and had to leave once he was born.

My mom did try to cause herself to spontaneously abort during that time (she was unhappy, had two kids already at a young age, and the last one had become brain damaged in an accident during the delivery). So.. he probably needed that extra protection....

An earlier story was before I was able to talk, and when put to bed at night I could be heard laughing and giggling for hours in my crib, everynight. That time too, my mom had called in this same medium, who took a look in the room while i was doing this, then came out and told my mom I was playing with the spirits of children not yet born.
She stepped back in, said in a firm voice, "Okay- she needs to sleep at night! You all have to leave her to do so!"
The playing stopped immediately and never happened again after that... so the story goes.

I don't remember any of this, and my mother is now passed away, so I cannot guarantee the accuracy of the events. They just became family myths, repeated over time (which led everyone to consider me a freak I suspect- thanks mom!
)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Fantastic, Bluesma!!!!!
Very interesting stories!

Thanks so much for sharing with us.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

I just came across this article. It explains everything I wanted to say in my previous post for you.

www.collective-evolution.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
The original 14 are repeated but this page has a couple more:
thoughtcatalog.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I apologize I haven't read the entirety of this thread yet but I just wanted to share my experiences with my daughter.

When my daughter was approximately a year old we lived in a very small house on the edge of a farm, probably one of the original houses in that area. She was very early in most of her milestones when it came to walking, talking, and conversing with people. She could sing her ABCs by the time she was 8 months old all while walking around the house. I say this because it gives you a good idea as to why when she would say things we tended to believe her.

While living in this house she would converse with a person that was named Bobby. I know for 100% certain that his name was bobby as there was no mistaking this. My wife and I never felt threatened or scared by this bobby but you could definitely feel as if someone was there. If you've ever had experiences you know the feeling I am talking about. Normally when she talked to Bobby she would normally be looking into a corner in the living room, always the same corner and was near the front door. Several occasions while watching TV late night the channels would suddenly change and always end up back on what we were watching. This happened several times and normally when my buddies were over, never while I was alone. This was back when you could plug the cable directly to the TV and change the channels there, you did not need a cable box.

Also when you would drive into the driveway the door in the kitchen faced the driveway and had a glass window looking into the house. Often when i'd pull in for a brief moment it would look as if someone was standing there looking out. So I tend to believe that Bobby was a full grown adult from what I've seen. But like it was stated we were never scared and neither was my daughter. Bobby was a good person who probably went to early.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
My son was born 3 months premature. While in the NICU he (like the other babies) would often look just past our shoulder and grin and jabber. One day all the babies seemed more animated than usual. We found it odd and mentioned it to a nurse. She just smiled and said, very matter-of-factly, "Oh, they're just talking with the angels."

Later at around the age of 3, son said something about my life as a child. Something he couldn't have known (memory fails at what exactly he said) - and I was shocked. I asked him how he knew that and he said, "Granddaddy M____ told me." Granddaddy M was my father -- who died 12 years before my son was born.

Then there are my experiences with things so malevolent I rarely speak of them to this day (30+ years later).

So yeah, I'm a believer.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
My grand daughter when she was about five was playing in her room by herself we were in the living room watching tv which was close to her room when we heard her say get out of my room and leave me alone,when we asked her who she was talking about she said a little man with red eyes and black boots was in her room bothering her and she told him to get out,the apartments we lived out was said to be haunted,we had several neighbors that also had strange incidents in their apartment also ,so i don't know real are imaginary who knows

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join