It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't believe Patient Zero lied about not having contact with Ebola and here's why!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I watched Jake Tapper on CNN today, kinda a news junkie, and their reporter in Liberia came on, went to a hospital where the woman Thomas Duncan supposedly was helping was first turned away. I thought I distinctly heard the word Malaria and died of Ebola. Did she have Malaria and thought this was the problem? They have death listed as Ebola. She was turned away from two hospitals prior to being returned home and died during the night.

This man helped her 4 days before going to the US. They went to two hospitals who turned her away, so it seems to me she was not tested for Ebola. Day 3 before coming to the US, she dies. Therefore, any tests would have to be post mortum. This was a poor section of Liberia. Do you honestly think the news got back to the community within the next couple of days before he left? It took 2 days to get the results here in the US with just one patient being tested and a nationwide tv and internet. Liberia are testing hundreds of patients daily and a post mortum case would be on the back burner.

Then we are supposed to believe he came here knowingly and exposed his girlfriend/wife.

Just a little critical thinking could figure this out...or a news junkie.

I have tried to find the section on Jake Tapper today without success. Also, tried to find their Liberian reporter without success. If anyone else could do it, it will be much appreciated.

In the meantime, besides the stigma of bringing Ebola to the US, he is being accused of lying at the airport. This after a report he may have come here knowing he had Ebola and only came for treatment.

He got his visa two weeks before he came. He hadn't seen his family in 9 years. A week after getting his Visa, he told his family he got a ticket and would be there in about a week.

MSM is creating their own news and creating Panic whether from ignorance or a total lack of critical thinking.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
You're absolutely right, I do not believe for a moment he knowingly brought Ebola here.

After all, as soon as he realized something was wrong, he sought help ... TWICE!

I've read that the government of Liberia is seeking to prosecute him. I hope they don't get the chance to! This poor man certainly doesn't deserve that, he tried to do everything right.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn
Perhaps you are correct in your belief. I think he has a very good reason to lie.

We've already had one stupid guy that did the same thing. But my reasoning comes from an article in the Daily Mail this afternoon that said the four days before he left the country that he had carried his landlord's Ebola sick daughter to a local hospital.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Tell me how he could not think he was in contact with Ebola, when he went into not one, but two hot zone hospitals and was turned away at both? He obviously knew that he had been exposed even on a minor level. Walking into the hospital and touching anything at all would have been just as bad as helping the woman who had Ebola.

If you were him, and you knew that you came into contact with the virus, would you elect to stay in Africa which would be a death sentence for sure, or would you return to the US where you knew that there would be ample medical help available? I can tell you right now that nobody when faced with a decision like that would stay and face almost certain death.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: gatorboi117

Yes, and the first time, he accepted their assessment.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Like I said, the word Malaria was said first...I didn't get the the whole thing except death was Ebola. If she wasn't admitted, she wasn't tested.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SpaDe_

We may be a little more educated here than they are there (however with the panic and fear mongering, I question that to a degree).

Apparently you didn't read or comprehend. He got the visa two weeks before he came over and made the trip arrangement 1 week before he came over...before he helped to women.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The only people living to tell the story are Americans.

If I was exposed I would get to the only place in the world they have a cure.

This is predictable...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I don't see how him lying is so out there? If he told them he had come into contact he would not have been allowed to board the plane. He obviously knew that because they were screening people at the airport, or at least they were supposed to be.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Did ANYONE read that she was turned away from the two hospitals that he took her to?? Who tested her for Ebola and when?

Think ATS!.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Lets see, your in a highly Ebola infected area, you have the symptoms of Ebola, and your death certificate says died from Ebola on it.......NOPE must have been infected with swine flu!

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Common symptoms of malaria In the early stages, malaria symptoms are sometimes similar to those of many other infections caused by bacteria, viruses, or parasites. Symptoms may include: Fever. Chills. Headache. Sweats. Fatigue. Nausea and vomiting. Symptoms may appear in cycles. The time between episodes of fever and other symptoms varies with the specific parasite you are infected with. Episodes of symptoms may occur:

Malaria

Symptoms of Ebola include

Fever (greater than 38.6°C or 101.5°F)
Severe headache
Muscle pain
Weakness
Diarrhea
Vomiting
Abdominal (stomach) pain
Unexplained hemorrhage (bleeding or bruising)

Ebola symptoms

If someone is known to have Malaria and simply faints on a street, as she reportedly did, and a neighbor, patient zero, tries to help her, how is he to know the difference? especially since it recourse .

Yes, I would want to come here too, but not expose someone I loved. Think critically.

edit on 2-10-2014 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: gatorboi117
You're absolutely right, I do not believe for a moment he knowingly brought Ebola here.

Not that it matters one way or the other. It's here, regardless of whether he brought it on purpose. Same final result.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

This LA Times article paints a very different picture. He was very much aware of her death. Link

It also says that it was wishful thinking by her family that it was malaria.
edit on 10/2/2014 by SpaDe_ because: bad link

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: gatorboi117

Not that it matters one way or the other. It's here, regardless of whether he brought it on purpose. Same final result.

And he exposed between not less than 18 - 80 innocent unsuspecting others. I hope he's charged with nothing less than reckless endangerment for each person he exposed.

You CANNOT trust the infected. They'll do anything to save themselves.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

There is absolutely nothing concrete in that article...simply a family trying to believe it is something else. You forget the ignorance about the disease in that country and apparently denial. Not to mention the lack of diagnosis

To repeat...two hospitals turned her away...meaning they did not test.

I am off to bed now, but really hoping some critical thinker who has read and considered the op will post.

liveandlearn.

edit to add. Many people posting with preconceived ideas and quoting MSM with no investigation.

edit on 2-10-2014 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
They initially thought her sickness was related to her pregnancy. But hospitals are turning away positive Ebola people because they have no room.

I have no doubt he knew he handled a Ebola victim, but didn't think it mattered (he thought he would be fine)
When he got here and went to the hospital I think he was worried.. But not certain. If he had of known. Was Ebola he would have pushed it onto the hospital at his first visit... But he didn't he went home.

I don't think he came here knowing he had it, but he knew there was a chance before he got sick.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Time to quarantine them countries, nobody in there gets out. They can set up safe zones where people get tested and sit in solitary confinement where people in space suits feed them till the results confirm they are clear to leave. There are only a limited amount of ways to leave Liberia, they can be controlled.

All these years studying and preparing how to respond to an outbreak and all that is happening is a big clusterf#$%

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Liberia wants to prosecute him. Yeah, I agree it doesn't seem likely he knew, considering what he and others are going through now. Don't think someone would risk their family.

Man who brought Ebola to U.S. to be charged in Liberia

DALLAS -- Liberia plans to prosecute the airline passenger who brought Ebola into the U.S., alleging that he lied on a health questionnaire about not having any contact with an infected person, authorities said Thursday.
- Source

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Ok so if he didnt outright lie when questioned if he had been in contact with known ebola carriers he at least failed to mention that he was in contact with a woman who suffered fever and other symptoms and then died. In Liberia.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join