It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most who vote Democratic are clueless to there parties past.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I live in the now.

No, I am not a Democrat, but I was a long time Republican. I am no longer.

Today's Republicans would call he a RINO.

Guess what, life evolves, things change.
edit on 30-9-2014 by Annee because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
In my opinion, anyone who votes for either party, is ignorant of the 2 party's history.

Republicans and democrats, 2 different puppets being controlled by the same person (figuratively speaking).

They make empty promises to get elected, do some good, mostly bad, and each party over the years compounds on the previous persons accomplishments.

*two political parties
*one agenda
*a dumbed down, propagandized population, too split over trivial bickering to see the big picture.

Oh, how the truth can be so bittersweet...

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Pre civil war racist democrats? The Jim Crow laws were voted in by democrats, the anti lynching laws passed by republicans were fought tooth and nail by democrats, womens voting rights were pushed through by republicans, voting rights for blacks passed by republicans,and on and on, all post civil war.But hey, if you can`t deny the truth might as well embellish the facts right?The fact is democrats throughout the 20 th century have remained the true racist party,Even today they use race division to fire up there voter base,with the likes of Al Sharpton, Messy Jackson and all the other demo. race hustlers. This is why we will never heal racially as a country,because if the left promoted getting along instead of hate and the blame game there`d be nothing but the facts left to look at and blacks would leave the dems in droves. MLK was a republican by the way.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I always considered myself as in the middle between both parties, but then I realized, that it didn't even matter which party I supported because no matter how I voted because all it all came down to who could lie to people better, who could raise the most money and who the federal bank wanted to become the next puppet. My political views are that I am an American and a human being and that my rights will be given to me because as humans, we all deserve that!

but in relation to what you are saying, yes, Dem are usually very uneducated when it come to the history of their party because that is what the education system is teaching them. When I was in high school, I figured Abe was a Dem. but that just goes to show how well our public education system is working.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It's true Democrats and Republicans have a history of switching sides. But if you look at Conservative vs Liberal you'll find a much more consistent past.

Conservatives fought to keep slavery and they fought against civil rights.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
It's not the past that matters. The GOP's war on women and poor people is all that matters now.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join