It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackholes and Darkmatter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Blackholes are connecting our universe and anti-universe. i was reading a book(understanding physics) it helped to analyze anti-particles, as you all know the opposite of a particle. Well test now have made for sure there are some type of matter that can not be seen, and _Goldhaber_ veiwed about multiverse, or the cosmon and anti-cosmon.
I have been lead to believe some of this could be possible. As we have our universe when made had its opposite(the big bang this is what happened after the creation of our universe) when the two shot apart from each other it created a hole lot of friction. lets say that the blackholes in the center of a galaxy is connected by a wormhole, this wormhole then connects to its oppsite in the anti-universe. When you look into a blackhole there is nothing no there is something but we cannot see it because it is anti-matter, and as for our this that other universe is a mirror copy of ours, or we are a copy of it. its not that there are two tottaly different universes there is one but two as a anti and regular universe.
Dark matter and anti-matter are two dfferent objects.
1-(Darkmatter is mass or light traveling faster that the (speed of light)^2)-this is just an hypothesis
2-Anti-matter=is the opposite of matter, like positrons etc...

Nox

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Can I hear some reasoning as to why dark matter is "mass or light travelling faster than c^2" ?

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
like it was just a hypothessis, dark matter is what we dont see in space when a nlckhole sucks in a hole planet where does it go, well i believe that when a blackhole feeds on a planet the blackhole takes the planets mass and makes it to where it is no longer there as traveling through the wormhole it alters the planet to dark matter so it will be balanced with the anti-cosmon we cannot see. When light enters a blackhole it is gone no it just reverses the spectrum of that certain light so it becomes dark or invisible because the blackhole it self is mass faster that the speed olight all we see is black but that is all the reason we cannot see the anti-cosmon.

Nox

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Your description was a little specific don't you think?

Mass or light that travels faster than c^2? (where c^2 is speed of light squared)

Most people (including me) would assume that you derived that from some sort of formula. We'd like to know what that formula is... especially considering that I've never seen any speed compared to c^2.

[edit on 7-12-2004 by Nox]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
the c^2 thing, caught that. you're mixing up terms. a theory in the scientific world is a solid explanation of why something happens or has happened. what you have is 'an idea' or 'a hypothesis' or, if i may, 'a random guess.'

personally, i favor the higgs boson idea of creation of the universe. its sketchy, but it works out insofar as we can work it out.

1. higgs boson created out of nothing, and after billions of other particles being created and anihilated.
2. higgs field randomly increases, as it does, to such proportions as to have enough energy to create entire universe
3. create universe. pay back small amount for higgs boson

go wild.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Wow i got to hang out in these forums more often, i may learn something (high school science sucks). I was under the impretion nothing could go faster than the speed of light though?

And this mirrored universe is it possible that their is more than 2 replicas? Almost playing in to the chaos theroy that what is happening right now is happening some where else (dimension wise) but with slight to huge changes (which could be happening on the other side of the black hole).

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 03:46 AM
link   
A wormhole would work to other places in the universe, but not to a anti universe. Somewhere in between where the matter would meet antimatter, the wormhole would collapse.
Matter vs. Antimatter = *Kabangh*

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Most interesting yes that does seem true, but we know that a black hole annihilates any matter it comes in touch with, we know that the black holes could possibly be anti-matter because they rule the universe nothing can destroy it, as it is stated the only thing that can destroy it is it self. The wormhole is most likely connected in our universe but since it could be possible dark matter it could connect to a transfer between the two universes. Dark matter can sustain it self in our universe because it is on a different "hyper time" (only a positron can destroy an electron) so on with protons and neutrons.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
just wanted to let you know --- the speed of light is just C, not C^2.
also, it is possible for something to travel faster than the speed of light, it just has to start faster than the speed of light initially. Something cannot accelerate past C from a slower, sublight speed, but it can be faster than C if it is already there

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
That makes since samy892 whatever
-yea so how do we do it

Nox

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by THORASGARD
That makes since samy892 whatever
-yea so how do we do it

Do you listen?

Nothing is faster than light.

For an object to "travel faster than light" it would need to break causality.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Yeah Zi this does beat the
out of highschool Science.. sorry I am in Highschool thats why it seems I know like jack on these forums Nox, anyways for it to break causality(which is like the relationship between cause and effect right?) wouldn't it need to be something like hyperspace or something that our universe couldn't apply rules on?

Nox

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Ug, I shudder to think about high school Physics...

My advanced placement Physics teacher hated me because I kept correcting him.

I couldn't resist correcting him though! He kept making errors and other students would just bob their heads in agreement. It was so stupid. Everyone in my class was so ignorant and just took everything in without the slightest questioning, DESPITE the fact that I corrected the teacher very often!

They couldn't reason that "hey, the teacher makes a lot of mistakes, I need to be careful." Nope, they just rely on my to point stuff out. In effect, I completely antagonized the teacher and had to be EXTRA careful on tests, writing extra neatly and explaining my logic perfectly (or he'd deduct points). I barely got an A in that class.

Yeah, unless they've GREATLY improved high school Physics are nothing (but I have heard SOME good news from my little bro, who's a freshman in high school. He says physics has improved). Just wait till university undergrad upper div or graduate school.

Can you elaborate specifically what hyperspace you're talking about?
I hear too often people use the term "hyperspace" without a clear understanding of it. I'd like to make sure we're thinking of the same thing now.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
hy�per�space
n.
1.Space that has four or more dimensions.
2.A fictional space in which laws of physics may be circumvented allowing faster-than-light travel or time travel

Sorry I check on Dictionary.com I mean the second one.
No really I mean a universe that has less causality than ours,where you can bend the rules a lot more than our current universe.

Nox

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Well, first of all,

the second definition emphasizes that it's a "fictitional space" for a reason.

I suppose that wouldn't be a satisfactory answer for most people right now, so I'll just go along with it.

Some variations of String Theory (maybe most? I don't know, I'm not a string theorist) suggest that space is extremely folded.

So, taking the wrinkles of our 4D space into account...
Imagine a paper, it's flat, without wrinkles. You punch a straight string through it. There's one hole. There's one intersection of the string with the paper.

Now, you crumple the paper up to give it a lot of wrinkles. It's scrunched into a ball. Now, if you thread the string through, the string intersects with the paper many many times.

A 2D object on the paper can't travel faster than C, terminal velocity for that universe (for ours, it's the speed of light).

If a 2D paper object could jump from one part of the 2D paper into the 3D world back onto another spot on the 2D world, it has a possibility of going faster than the speed of light, assuming that the topology and physical laws governing the 3D space are similar to just the 2D paper.

The same thing applies to our 4D space. If we can jump out of this 4D space into a higher dimensional space, assuming that it's heavily wrinkled, we can jump to another location faster than the speed of light (light that's confined to the wrinkled 4D space).

No evidence exists that could support this though.

[edit on 8-12-2004 by Nox]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
So what you are saying that the parts where space meets up (due to the fact that it is extremely wrinkled in your post) that you can travel from one hole to another??? I don't think I understand it, but it seems that it is like a wormhole or something along those lines?

EDIT: I was thinking that if we could find a few people this would make a good topic to research: blackholes for the research forums if it hasn't been done already.

[edit on 8-12-2004 by The_Final]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Black holes creates wormholes in it's proximity, It should be able to create more then a single one. This wormhole would (maybe?) lead to the proximity of another black hole somewhere else in space.
Since black holes has this high gravity, it is most likely folding space at the same time. (It already suck in light and distort time, to me it would kind of shorten the distance like looking into a papercone, where the tip is the center of the black hole.)

The problem is, as far as I can tell, is not going close to the black hole, but being able to travel away from the one you appear in close proximity.
How close to the black hole would a wormhole appear?
How would You map out wormholes? Does the wormholes have any kind of stability, and then for how long. If it reappears, wil it lead back to where you came from, or have the black hole folded the space another way. (Try throwing some silk on the floor and see if the folds it make end up the same all the time
)

I guess there would be crossroads in space where wormholes would be close to another one, but First we need to figure out some faster travelling, so we can actually get to one.

This could be why we only once in a while get visitors in cool UFOs to collect specimens of us to do science on. Some(most) of them are only mapping space, and Earth is so far away from any "traderoutes" that we are a kind of Easter Island bobbing around in space.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by THORASGARD
we know that a black hole annihilates any matter it comes in touch with, we know that the black holes could possibly be anti-matter because they rule the universe nothing can destroy it, as it is stated the only thing that can destroy it is it self. The wormhole is most likely connected in our universe but since it could be possible dark matter it could connect to a transfer between the two universes.

black holes are not antimatter, they do not destroy anything. things merely fall into them. they have an extremely high mass at an extremely small point, the result of which being nothing escapes it.

wormholes are possible. heres the problem with them:
pretend theres a wormhole. past to present. theres some energy floating around around it, and some goes in. whoops. so now the energy is in the past. except, now there is a greater energy density in the universe, theres more energy around. so more energy will fall back into the wormhole. and so on and so forth.

the point is, a wormhole is likely to have already destroyed the universe should one exist. and no, it does NOT work equally well in reverse, we would we doomed.

Nox

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Amorymeltzer, thank you for clarification. I was so confused.

I had no idea what THOR was talking about, but now I know that he meant to say "Black holes are made of anti-matter" (which is wrong anyway).

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nox
Amorymeltzer, thank you for clarification. I was so confused.

I had no idea what THOR was talking about, but now I know that he meant to say "Black holes are made of anti-matter" (which is wrong anyway).

jah. i tried to figure out what the middle meant, but, no luck. maybe thor could explain?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join