It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada would put any expansion of Military in Iraq to commons vote....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
home.mytelus.com...

Rumours of our participation may be a trifle exaggerated at present says John Baird......
But were seriously considering it.....
Heah come de boots....I can hear them marching in the distance.......

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The article says that Canada's elected representatives would vote on any increased military role before the government could send them off.

If you don't care for that approach, feel free to elect Obama as Prime Minister, he doesn't wait around for votes.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
As if they wouldn't approve it, they follow whatever the US says to do. But if you asked the citizenry if they would support it, you'd get a resounding no.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: kicked

If it's that resounding, then those politicians will be looking for new jobs. Are the Canadian politicians so afraid of American assassination teams that they'll give up their jobs?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: kicked
As if they wouldn't approve it, they follow whatever the US says to do. But if you asked the citizenry if they would support it, you'd get a resounding no.

Maybe in your circle of friends. I fully support Canadian involvement in stamping out ISIS. Infact I think we should be targeting any and all Canadian citizens that have left the country to fight for ISIS ourselves, and wiping them out no questions asked.

Not everyone in this country is a leftist, and quite a few of us feel Canada should be doing more to combat what has become a global threat. Take this asshole, for example:

This little puke has the nerve to mock Canadians and the country that gave him and his family refugee status when they fled Somalia. Then he turns around and betrays it, burns his passport, and threatens the very same people that gave him a new lease on life. He could have been eating garbage and pissing in a ditch in some craphole village in Somalia instead of the life Canada gave him and his parents, and now he is claiming he won't stop chopping peoples heads off until he raises the IS flag in the whitehouse?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

WE don't fire politicians in Canada...

We just give them a new title... more money, and sweep them under the rug...

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

WE don't fire politicians in Canada...

We just give them a new title... more money, and sweep them under the rug...

You forgot about the extra benefits package and the boost to their pension funds.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

I'm just not buying the legitimacy of the threat and i believe that this is all manufactured for the sake of oil. I could be wrong and i would absolutely accept that. There are more immediate threats to life in Canada than a militant organization in the middle east. Considering that a lot of money will inevitably be spent on this war i think it's important to ask: how many Canadians die per year due to alcoholism, heart disease, car accidents etc. compared to how many due to terrorism? This issue isn't as clear cut as going into one of these countries militarily. The western powers have a keen interest to be in Syria militarily for their own profitable gain and i would refuse to send my peers to assist in the continuity of the petrodollar any longer. If you believe what the media says in that IS is legit then all power to you because in the end it may turn out that i was the ignorant one and then people like you will have saved my butt.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

I cant believe Harper is that war hungry to send troops into Iraq this is going to be a very ill decision. The sooner Harper gets out office the better Canada hopefully get.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: kicked

Exactly Remember when America intervened into Ukraine?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter

I cant believe Harper is that war hungry to send troops into Iraq this is going to be a very ill decision. The sooner Harper gets out office the better Canada hopefully get.

He's not sending troops. He's sent a small number of special forces guys from JTF 2 over to act as advisors to Iraqi forces. The issue being discussed is whether or not he will expand Canada's role (which would almost certainly only include airstrikes if that role were to include combat). Either way, he's said he would take the issue before parliament, which is the right thing to do.

I highly doubt there will be any effort to put entire canadian battalions on the ground in Iraq, considering we just pulled out of major combat operations in Afghanistan, and didn't support the initial U.S invasion under Bush Jr. in the first place.
edit on 26-9-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Sorry im late getting back here......
Its my contention CF 18s will be sent first.....(after the JTF)
The situation will expand by itself after that...the Brits are into the air war soon, and the rest of the coalition is growing a pair...(the other arabs) they'll be all for gung ho soon enough....
Harper will do as Harper is told to do by his buddy Obama......just watch and see this unfold....
The PTB will make the most out of it partly to gain prestige and brownie points, and partly to mask the collapse of the petrodollar....
Oh .......and partly to topple Assad and put in their pipeline....
edit on 26-9-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

When the Rockefellers start dumping oil assets you can almost guarantee the "They just want an oil pipeline" excuse probably isn't all there is to the situation: www.nbcnews.com...

I would also like to add that toppling Assad directly is not something that can be done overtly by any western led coalition, given Russian interests in Syria and the current crisis in the Ukraine.
edit on 26-9-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join