It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Is About to Lose 80% of Its Users, Study Says

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

I started noticing the decline a few years back when I went back to college and took a writing for business class. We had a project where we had to market a fake business to millennials and one of my group members pointed out that facebook shouldn't be a primary tool to use to put out information about the company. She claimed that facebook was dying among her friends and that we should look at other sites such as twitter and instagram. As someone who is at the very beginning of the millennial generation (born 85), this came as a shock to me (I didn't realize I had fallen that out of touch with the younger crowd in the years since I had been out of school). So this isn't a new event or anything. Facebook has been on a decline among younger people for a while now.
edit on 25-9-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
People may leave facebook due to twitter and instagram but in the end Facebook owns Instagram.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
None of my three teenage kids use FB. None of their friends either. "Its for old people, like you dad," they say.

They use twitter and photo posting sites.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Ello just started up so maybe Facebooks replacement. They are ad-free.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'm Gen X so many of those departing Facebook are fellow Gen X. I just stick around to watch the exodus, lol.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Facebook is dying, oddly enough to the same rule that allowed it to survive. As time goes on and we figure out ever shorter and faster ways to send communications the slower ones fade away. Instagram - A picture says 1000 words. Twitter - Captures the raw emotion of a message due to the character space and use model. Facebook is good as a website if you don't have a web developer but other social media is how you connect to people.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join