It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Is About to Lose 80% of Its Users, Study Says

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Someone wheel out Elton John and the piano to play circle of life ...

Lot of correct posts in this thread. I think the persons that make these social media websites forget sometimes that we don't want to be connected to everyone twenty-four seven. Once all the uncool persons come and the parents and grand parents, it's time to move on. Facebook forced real names, tried to link all kinds of services, tried to be a game site and all the rest ... of course people were going to move on.

People want control of their privacy etc ... The next one will probably make the same mistake at some point.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
What's Facebook?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I was a FB member once but I wised up to the nonsense.

It took thirty (30) days to kill my account and never again would I use such a.....

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I made the jump and had it deleted. Some reasoning was this site and the fact that I felt learning info from fb will only get me into trouble. I would see interesting things and check this site to see if it had any truth to it. Nobody will miss me on there anyway. I stopped posting way before I quit.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: minkmouse
What's Facebook?

LMAO.

Luving it.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Myspace...came & went overnight.

Building your business model on the whims of teenage girls & candy games is not an enduring idea. Think most of the younger people have left already.
edit on 25-9-2014 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Sell your shares now I guess.

The moment investors get a whiff that profits are waning they'll jump off the bandwagon and jump upon the next one. More and more people are becoming aware of how intrusive facebook can be and are using it less or not at all-and that will effect advertising revenue and the advertisers themselves could follow the investors to the next big thing.

We are already seeing it's replacement-and it starts with a hashtag.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BABYBULL24
Myspace...came & went overnight.

Building your business model on the whims of teenage girls & candy games is not an enduring idea. Think most of the younger people have left already.

Right because now we're older and wiser.......because of sites like facebook and ats and craigslist and.....

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I hope so, I find Zuckerberg to be an enemy of the State. However I'm sure it will be replaced by something even more foul.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
BUt facebook has already lost so many and is barely now more than a joke. Social media will evolve and leave facebook behind in the dark ages.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I thought snapchat was just between two people? How is that "social media"?

I think Twitter is stupid, if I have something important enough to share, it's going to be more than 140 characters. Twitter just encourages people to share stupid, mundane, irrelevant crap IMO. Also, I hate the use hash tags, and I *really* hate how people are now using the word "hash tag" in verbal communication.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
If FaceBook follows this universal constant like everything else, then it is not long for this world...

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

I think Twitter is stupid, if I have something important enough to share, it's going to be more than 140 characters. Twitter just encourages people to share stupid, mundane, irrelevant crap IMO. Also, I hate the use hash tags, and I *really* hate how people are now using the word "hash tag" in verbal communication.

#Agreed

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Twitter is good for breaking news especially for pics - they have a list of the trending items and you just click on the item & essentially you have real-time pics of an event taken usually by amateurs - no MSM filter.

But agree day to day the stuff on there is stupid.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I've barely used it for nearly two years. I still keep it to keep in contact with some people but there's only so much crap i can post on my wall and i got fed up with the level of narcassism on there from other people.

I'm not going to delete my profile on there, but i have better things to do with my time.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Deleted my account last week...Convinced all my settings were changed. Accepting invites and who can view my post from only me and some close friends to anyone and everyone?...Privacy???? there is none on FB.
edit on 25-9-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I believe it. Teenagers are going to flock to the newest version of social media leaving all the adults in facebook land. I already barely ever check facebook now. Most of the time I only do it to clear out all the alerts that it is constantly spamming me about. I grow very tired of clearing out game requests and seeing someone post some stupid message or meme that I don't care about.

Really the only reason I still have it is to keep in contact with people I don't have their numbers or to contact people when my cell phone isn't working (like when I haven't paid the bill). I've come VERY close to deleting it on several occasions too.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
When I first started up my FB account, it was mainly because my kids were using it (my grown kids) who live away and out of state, and it was an easy way to chat with them.

Since that time, I've noticed this:

People older than me, same age, or only a little younger than me are still using FB for many reasons (staying in touch with each other, FB games, group plannings, etc). But the younger people, like my children, especially over the last 2 years, are using FB less and less.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Well, the kids all use Snapchat so they can send nudes to each other. Anyone over the age of 18 would have no use for it.
Twitter and Instagram is where everyone else is headed.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I actually agree with the Princeton premise. It's basically running along the same ideas as the concept of social or emotional contagion. Princeton isn't being weird about using a disease based model to predict social behaviors. It's been a concept that has been around for decades (and is largely funded as propaganda and public relations these days).

web.stanford.edu...

I've actually been noting for some time that the usage of Facebook within my own peer group is dramatically declining. Most of those whose use has dropped have cited privacy concerns or just a general disgust for the site or its owner. Lots of "last straws".

What becomes "hot" can also just as quickly become "passe" and in that, social anything from fashions to the use of a website, does follow the pattern of an infectious disease. Whereas an infectious disease may disappear because a person, through exposure, has already been inoculated against it, social inoculation occurs by negative social remarks til it reaches a critical point at which most people perceive social thing X as being "ewwww".

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join