It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana 14-Year Old Shot Dead By Police After Altercation

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: OptimusCrime

It's about the shooting. I want to know if there were any reasons to shoot at the kids. Did they shoot first? Do cops usually shot first and ask questions later?

Well since you admittedly have no idea, why the outrage?

I'm only asking questions with the information the article provided, I have no outrage. I'm not going to get furious over something I can't control. If you're getting upset with the topic, I'm sorry.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Ah. I guess I misinterpreted your meaning when asking why this wasn't national news. I'm not upset at all. Just feel bad for the kid, his family and the cop.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Ah. I guess I misinterpreted your meaning when asking why this wasn't national news. I'm not upset at all. Just feel bad for the kid, his family and the cop.

Same here. I don't know why young kids like that would have guns and break into houses. I get the cops have to protect themselves as well. I'm merely putting an article out there that I found interesting. Usually cases like this become a huge news story. That's why I'm asking.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
If a 14 year old violent criminal, and there are plenty here in Louisiana, points a weapon at me, he gets blown away. Why are you supposed to allow yourself to be killed bc of someone's age or skin color?
Stupidity, maybe?
Can't think of another reason.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: pierregustavetoutant
If a 14 year old violent criminal, and there are plenty here in Louisiana, points a weapon at me, he gets blown away. Why are you supposed to allow yourself to be killed bc of someone's age or skin color?
Stupidity, maybe?

I agree 100%.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire
Why, I wonder, did the source bother with saying what "color" the victim and the cop were? Is that really relevant?

Anyway, S/F

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

originally posted by: Sremmos80
What are you thoughts on the matter?
Is is that your just wondering if this will cause the same outrage as another recent shooting or do you feel as tho the officer was in the right or wrong?
Is this thread about the shooting, or about the lack of outrage by people?

I think its another case of cops shooting first and asking questions later, 'close proximity' can mean a lot of things when it is said in a police report, those are embellished IMO.

My thoughts in the matter are why this is not national news? A cop shot a 14 year old.

Well it's being picked up by Reuters and Yahoo news and I'm sure others are picking it up as well.

What constitutes as "National News" to you?

I mean you just linked an article to one of the most visited web pages in the world.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

Is is that your just wondering if this will cause the same outrage as another recent shooting or do you feel as tho the officer was in the right or wrong?

I think its another case of cops shooting first and asking questions later, 'close proximity' can mean a lot of things when it is said in a police report, those are embellished IMO.

My thoughts in the matter are why this is not national news? A cop shot a 14 year old.

Well it's being picked up by Reuters and Yahoo news and I'm sure others are picking it up as well.

I mean you just linked an article to one of the most visited web pages in the world.

Yahoo is not national news. If you consider reuters and yahoo national, then www.hehehaha.com is national news too. TV is national. Major networks is what i'm asking.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I gotcha. I'm having one of those days where the text on the internet isn't translating well. I was sort of under the impression this was a cops can do no right type of thread.

My apologies for assuming things.

I'm interested to see more details about this too. Police haven't been doing so hot lately.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

Yahoo is not national news. If you consider reuters and yahoo national, then www.hehehaha.com is national news too. TV is national. Major networks is what i'm asking.

I don't know.

Reuters is a major international news agency based in London.

If you don't consider Reuters as a major news organization then I "hehehaha'd" at your post also.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I gotcha. I'm having one of those days where the text on the internet isn't translating well. I was sort of under the impression this was a cops can do no right type of thread.

My apologies for assuming things.

I'm interested to see more details about this too. Police haven't been doing so hot lately.

That's exactly why I'm posting this now. I'm kind of interested in both sides of the spectrum as far as comments are concerned. On one hand, the cops are being demonized for doing their jobs, and on the other hand, some cops are taking advantage of their positions. Something like this I would think the news would pick it up pretty quick to generate a story.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

I consider them both Major, but not TV, paper major. Reuters, unless you're really into the news, is not that big in the U.S. and most people don't go to Yahoo! for their news. That's my opinion, I have no facts to back it up.
edit on 9/24/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Something like this I would think the news would pick it up pretty quick to generate a story.

Give them time. They have to be able to drum up a controversy first. As it stands there isn't one. If the weapon turns out to be a knife or really anything other than a gun I won't be surprised if you see this plastered all over the place. Sadly a dead kid isn't news unless the shooting is sketchy.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Maybe if they find out the kid that got shot had his hands up in the air and was unarmed, then it might get more attention.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Once again, not enough info to go on. I'm not gonna start blaming the cop. WTH was a 14 yr old doing POSSIBLY with a gun & POSSIBLY breaking into abandoned homes?? WHERE ARE HIS PARENTS & WHY WAS HE NOT IN SCHOOL??? Blame the parents first. The thugs are outnumbering the cops. I know where my 22 yr old son is, I know where my 13 yr old son is, I know where my 9 year old is & I know where my 24 yr old is. I know what they are doing at this very moment & one doesn't even live here any longer......At 14, THE PARENT IS RESPONSIBLE!! WHERE were they???

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
They should have got on the loudspeaker and asked them to come out with their hands up, and to leave the weapons in the house. These officers just love to play COD instead of doing things in a professional manner.
edit on 24-9-2014 by theyknowwhoyouare because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: j.r.c.b.
Once again, not enough info to go on. I'm not gonna start blaming the cop. WTH was a 14 yr old doing POSSIBLY with a gun & POSSIBLY breaking into abandoned homes?? WHERE ARE HIS PARENTS & WHY WAS HE NOT IN SCHOOL??? Blame the parents first. The thugs are outnumbering the cops. I know where my 22 yr old son is, I know where my 13 yr old son is, I know where my 9 year old is & I know where my 24 yr old is. I know what they are doing at this very moment & one doesn't even live here any longer......At 14, THE PARENT IS RESPONSIBLE!! WHERE were they???

I agree with you 100%. The problems start at home and this kids should not be running around in the streets with guns all hours of the night. If they had a better upbringing, these types of things wouldn't put the police in the position to kill someone.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Because there is no information so as of now it sounds like a cop shot a 14 year old that was potentially armed and somewhere he was not supposed to be.

There's also no race baiting potential seeing as the cop was black too. Even though I disagree with that (a black person and especially a cop can be racist towards black people) the media seems not to.

It might get picked up but I doubt it. There's nothing to get people riled up over yet.

There is plenty to be riled up about.

The problem is we have a large number of out of control, corrupt, egotistical, dangerous and deadly people employed as police.

The fact is that too many people refuse to look at the 'real' problems and the rest of us are letting them get away with gluing a horn to the head of a horse and selling the horse as a unicorn.

The problem is the decay of our communities, the legalization of abusive and deadly acts by police officers while trampling the Constitution of our country. The problem is a government that is more deadly, crazy and scary, then any outside threat. The problem is we have grown so conditioned, complacent and afraid that we are willing to sit hiding the dark praying that it will always be the 'other' guy that gets tagged, when it is simply just a matter of time before you get pointed out and find that ..."you're it!"

It is 'not' about race, color or creed. It is about the militarization of the people we pay to protect and serve. Why we are allowing this problem to go unresolved and corrected? Why are we allowing them to divert our attention by manipulating the emotions of people and creating a convenient divide, that plays us right into their hands?

The evidence is all around you. You don't live in a Democracy. You are not free. You have sold your soul to the company store and you have traded your freedom for Facebook.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: pierregustavetoutant
Stupidity, maybe?

I also agree 100%

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: j.r.c.b.

I agree with you 100%. The problems start at home and this kids should not be running around in the streets with guns all hours of the night. If they had a better upbringing, these types of things wouldn't put the police in the position to kill someone.

Agreed....And, trust me, I'm no cop lover. There are good cops, there are bad cops. But a 14 yr old breaking into homes with a deadly weapon???? Shoulda been in school, the parent should know where their child is...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join