It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random man pricked with syringe, told 'Welcome to the HIV club'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Septimus

in 93 reports of needles in soda cans started all over the place, atleast a woman was charged and found guilty of federal charges for adding the needles herself to make the claim she found the needles inside the can.

Charges Filed Over Report of Syringe in Soda Can : Soft drinks: A 25-year-old Van Nuys woman faces up to six months in jail if convicted of filing a false claim with police.

With so many crazy people around is hard to know what to believe in

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Even if the needle were freshly contaminated I wouldn't worry about it. Anyone notice people dying in droves from AIDS lately? Exactly!! Think about it.

Now ... that said ... it's the thought that counts, and I would have beat that woman to death on-the-spot. Then I would've found her ID card, tracked down the rest of her family ... and killed them too. How's that for thoughts of malice and mayhem?

There's all kinds of people in this world you'll never really know ... until you rub them the wrong way.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Absolutely agree with you! It seems like "the world" has gone off-balance somehow and what used to be unheard of and shocking (yes, I realize we've been somewhat desensitized) is now just another story?
I am amazed on an almost daily basis at the agression and even downright comtempt people are showing because "they can" and believe there is no recourse.There probably is not.

Coming out of a store the other day, a middle aged woman who looked "normal"approached me and grabbed my arm. I figured she just needed some help or info or wanted to ask me something.

She proceeded to hurl obsenities at me and accuse me of being "less than" and finished it all off by saying,"What would you know, life's always been easy for you because you're pretty!"

Not true but by that time, a guy walking out must have overheard and seen me trying to be kind but also pushing her away at the same time and physically put himself between us.
He told her to leave or he'd take action and I thanked him for his consideration.

It was in a public area of an "upscale" market and literally I was floored...never saw it coming either so I wonder if one WOULD as most decent people would,do nothing because they WOULD be so shocked.

It is after that one would have to worry,I agree.
Full "Liam Neeson" on them

Also stopped by the drugstore: many new "signs" int he prescription area stating "no refills on controlled substances" and heard a HORRIBLE rant from a young woman who had MUCH to say to the clerk because she was refused "something." She literally was threatenign to go across the counter at her.

I wonder if this is indicitive of the "tone" of our current society and it's truly sad. I like to "believe" it's not.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Some of these comments are as scary as the OP. There is a violent element on this website.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Some of these comments are as scary as the OP. There is a violent element on this website.

Scarier even, I'm afraid. What 'if' she had pricked your child with that needle? Or your spouse? Or one of your parents? What if they were 'going to be next'?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

"There is never an okay scenario to hit a woman"........ (Btw- I know you didn't write that, but I love the people out there who state it as a no brainer, like there's NEVER an okay scenario to strike a woman)...

Ummmmmmm Really????? I would have knocked her the **** out

I probably would commit murder at that point. You give me a death sentence, I give you one....
edit on 24-9-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
"Welcome to the HIV club", one of the oldest urban myths in existence... together with the spider coming out from the Yucca palm tree from the grocery store...just saying...

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This was going on a long time ago. I think it's just pranks by low-life idiots. As far as all Americans being crazy? Every village has an idiot or two. If you claim that yours doesn't, then..........you've found the village idiot.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I think this is very serious, and the woman or people that did this need to be arrested and thrown in Jail, and given the death penalty or life in prison, since they just handed out their own death penalty to that poor man.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

Bit of an exaggeration, given we haven't known about HIV for all that long.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Glassbender777
I think this is very serious, and the woman or people that did this need to be arrested and thrown in Jail, and given the death penalty or life in prison, since they just handed out their own death penalty to that poor man.

If he went to the hospital straight away the HIV drugs would clear it before the Virus has a chance to replicate properly.

BUT

The intent was still murder so id charge her with attempted Murder. Dont know what penalty that has in the states but in the UK it basically the same as murder.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I think there are drugs available that stop the HIV virus progressing in to his system if treated immediately. Terrible thing to happen.

True, in exposures to healthcare workers for example, if they take certain drugs for 28 days, in about 90% percent of cases, won't end up being infected with hiv.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

What was perpetrated was an act of violence. This kind of behavior is not acceptable in a civilized society.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Stories like this have been around for years.
Around the town I live in, there were rumors that people will putting AIDS/HIV infected needles in the handles of nozzles in gas stations. I don't know how true it was, but it was apparently a thing. Or when we all were younger, our parents would check all of our Halloween candy before we ate it to make sure no one tampered with it and poisoned it, or whatever.

Stuff like this used to be hidden. I wonder why this woman was so open with it..

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lyxdeslic
Stories like this have been around for years.

These are mostly urban legends. And the best place to find out about their history is:
SNOPES.COM

Here's what they have to say about it:
www.snopes.com...
edit on 24-9-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
www.volkskrant.nl...

I hope google will translate the page but if it doesn't, it talks about 4 gay guys being arrested for drugging and then injecting the attendeés of an orgy of sorts, with HIV infected blood.

These kind of things seem to happen incidentaly here and there but still, a very, very sick thing to do. With pricking on the streets though, nobody is safe

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
It's sort of reminiscent of the one where a man meets a woman at a bar. They go back to his place and spend the night making sweet, sweet love. The next morning, he goes into the bathroom and written in lipstick on the mirror: Welcome to the wonderful world of aids. Guy starts scrubbin' his junk with the toilet brush.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I've heard of one where a kid was playing in a ballpit, and he cut his finger open on a broken ball. When he brought it to his Mom she saw there was wnite writing on it saying 'welcome to the wondrful world of AIDS'

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Actions such as these are considerably more malevolent than any prank. Attempted Murder or Serious Assault to severe injury and in dangerment of life at the very least. And trust me things like this do happen, my partner's cousin is doing 4 years in Barlinnie gaol as we speak for attempted robbery with a syringe full of blood on some poor Asian shopkeeper in Glasgow.

edit on 25-9-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: faceoff85

yeah I remember a thread on ats about this

linky

Peace
edit on 25-9-2014 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join