It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random man pricked with syringe, told 'Welcome to the HIV club'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

SEATTLE —

A man outside a Seattle bar was pricked by a syringe and told, “Welcome to the HIV club” by the woman who stabbed him, police were told.

The incident happened about 12:15 a.m. Sept. 17 in Seattle’s Fremont neighborhood.

The woman with a syringe, described as a white woman in her late 20s with shoulder-length dirty blonde hair, was walking with a man about the same age who was wearing a baseball hat.

As they walked by the victim and his girlfriend on the sidewalk, the victim “felt a sharp prick and stabbing puncture to his left tricep,” according to a police report. The woman made the HIV comment while looking directly at him, the victim told police.

Source

You cant make this up, America have you reach the bottom on craziness?

Whats next needles in soda cans? Oh right that was done already

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

I had to trace it to a Seattle source before I could believe it! Urban legend turns into reality. What's next? Are Muslim extremists going to blow up malls on Black Friday?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Or a kid will burn his house down due to slenderman haha.. oh wait that is true too

US doesn't seems to be at its peak of mental health

link   
I remember when I was young hearing that people were leaving needles in movie theater seats that were HIV positive. I think that might have been an urban legend, but it terrified me as a young girl and so does this. How someone could do this is beyond me, and I hope it doesn't become a "thing".

+19 more 
link   

The story would have been about how I killed this woman with my bare hands after she stuck me....if this was me.
Crazy shiite....

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I think they call that the trick move in Seatown

+4 more 
link   
Id have the bitch charged with attempted muder.

link   
a reply to: Jakal26

i think you would not react until is too late, first you would see whats going on in your wound them look for her and she would be gone

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
There were a lot of stories like this back in the eighties when AIDS was new on the scene. Many were along the lines of urban legends. There was also the story about the man or woman who returned from a vacation romance who received a small plastic coffin in the mail with the same message. Welcome to the world of AIDS.
I hope this is just a cruel prank. The man can be tested in a few weeks to know for sure. A single prick even if the needle was infected might not deliver the disease. The virus doesn't live long on surfaces. I guess it depends on if she injected him with infected blood or just stuck him with an empty needle or even just a pin.
There have been people convicted for intentionally infecting people with the virus.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I hate to say it but there is something to be said for wearing a firearm. I wonder if she would have tried that if he was visibly armed?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I'd remind you that one bad Apple won't spoil the whole basket. a reply to: Indigent

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

That may well be so.
I have a reaction to things like this though. It's like being smacked in the scrotum, I have this instant "hit" reaction (for the sake of keeping this short)....I just swing, it is instinctual, I can't help it.

If she got away, I would be doing some "hunting".
A death sentence for me would be one for her as well....even if I had to "bide my time".

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Almost definitely inspired by the same thing which happened with an air Marshall in Nigeria.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26

The story would have been about how I killed this woman with my bare hands after she stuck me....if this was me.
Crazy shiite....

Ditto.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Id have the bitch charged with attempted muder.

they should be charged with attempted murder if people don't get the virus. murder one if the victim does get the virus. then on top of that terrorism and biological weapons charges.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I can't do the link on my phone but there's also a story about a woman who found a needle in a Reece's peanut butter cup pack

Could this be related

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I think there are drugs available that stop the HIV virus progressing in to his system if treated immediately. Terrible thing to happen.

edit on 24-9-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
What kind of sick twisted freak does this kind of thing? Now he has to endure the wait for the results! That would be absolute mental torture! I agree this should be a murder charge if positive and if not then attempted murder. Disgusting sick people out there, he should have shoved the needle in her eye.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I think there are drugs available that stop the HIV virus progressing in to his system if treated immediately. Terrible thing to happen.

Yeah if you get the HIV anti viral s in the first couple of hours it stops the virus setting up.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Linkage

Definitely a vile practice. Don't know if she should be handling that.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join