It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will ET Be Here Soon? NASA Brings Scientists, Theologians Together To Prepare...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This is like god you have never seen him but u believe in him the same as extraterrestials

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
If there going to visit earth they better hurry before the world blows itself apart, ask Putin.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
When will humanity understand that we are the lowest levels if civilization. If we were higher and more sophisticated intellects,aliens all over the Milky Way would have already asked if they could merge civilizations with ours. With our constant wars it would be a step backwards in their evolution of their race to step back in what they left behind so many years ago mainly Racism and Religious bigotry .

They have long ago consolidated one set of belief system in a Singular Creator God instead of millions that we still have here on Earth that lead to these endless cycle of wars.

What are aliens suppose to think?

That they can land on the White House lawn and think they will be accepted when they already monitor our planet and see HOW we have been treating each other?

They don't want to be here even if they can because we would mistreat them and murder them just for the color of their skin, much like we have done to blacks, Indians, Asians etc.

The old saying is " what we don't understand we fear, and what we fear we seek to destroy."

So don't tell me that we would accept alien contact as a general populace in "stride"

Personally. I Would but I am a small percentage of 7 billion people that are open minded and am ready for a paradigm shift.

Others don't want to know how much they don't know!

Chalk it up to stupid brain washing of "ignorance is bliss"'

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Meteorites already prove that the basic building blocks of life are all over the solar system, and that really means it is around every star we can see. The odds that it would not be would be like standing in a pool of water, reaching out your hand a few feet and discovering that what was below it was not wet.

I think the most important thing is to be convinced yourself that life is everywhere, without having to rely on "the masses" believing it as well. The more people that take on this exercise, makes disclosure a self fulfilling prophecy.
edit on 25-9-2014 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
a reply to: skunkape23

They constantly refer to the panic from Orson Welles' recording of War of the Worlds back in the 1930's. It was a radio play told like it was happening live, and alot of people panicked, riots ensued. It was a simpler time; people usually didnt get news from other states for a few weeks , stuff from other countries longer. Even with today's rapid and instant communication, TPTB think we will have the SAME reaction.
I dont think so. Today we are more prepared to deal with ET. We watch movies, television shows, read books daily about First Contact. I think the thing that will possibly happen is people would stay home and watch it on the news then twitter or facebook it to their friends. I dont see any social collapse coming from First Contact.
....Unless they attack..!

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Arken

It's time. The Brookings Report has outlived its usefulness. It is holding us back, and limiting our view of the universe.

We need to move forward.
edit on 25-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Thiaoouba Prophecy

Very compelling points.

Stars.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Not Authorized

It's time. The Brookings Report has outlived its usefulness. It is holding us back, and limiting our view of the universe.

We need to move forward.

My personal opinion is that in one, two years, we could facing a lot of discoveries about alien life elsewhere.

The first step could be microbial life. The second step vegetal (moss & lichens). Then a cascade...that never end...
edit on 26-9-2014 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Agreed. I think we will find biomarker gases soon as well. Probably within our own Solar System.

It is a matter of time.

I'm excited. :-)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I don't really understand why so many are worried that everyone is going to freak out if life is discovered on other planets.
Am I missing something? What's the big deal?

Life on other planets - it depends what life? Microbial - it's not scary. But imagine advanced life.

I think sometimes we forget not everyone is on ATS. There are a lot of people out there, mainly very religious people, who would be confused. Of course, we've come a long way since War of the Worlds, but there would still be chaos.

In terms of advance Alien contact.... It would be a bit crazy. For example, people would be scared to go to work not knowing what these "Aliens" were. Humans would go in to protection mode and it would go one of three ways :

1) Attack them - if we ever made contact
2) Stay inside and protect our families in fear - even if we didn't make direct contact. I still think people would be scared.
3) Slowly accept it - A personal favourite.

Take the risk on the first 2 and the world would be in some pretty serious trouble. Whether we believe there should be or not, there would be mass hysteria. We might be "there" but much of the world isn't ready yet - Religion would take a hit (Even though Aliens do nothing to disprove God) Religious leaders would have to try explain it away and probably lose followers and therefore, influence.

Although it's a lovely idea - The world would be in a mess for a short while afterwards if it were sprung on us.

Perhaps if they eased us in to the idea rather than hide it - we could prepare the world and explain what was going to happen before it happened. It might go a bit smoother - but us humans are (for the most part) set in our ways.
edit on 26-9-2014 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I guess the problem is that we have religions here on Earth that murder in the millions over the creation/ existence of our planet/ human race. What would these lunatics do in response to aliens? They barely even seem capable of grasping the reality of human existence in the first place, let alone some other "alien" species visiting us.
It would threaten their "god". Probably resulting in crazed denial and anger/ killing.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedEyes619

I guess the problem is that we have religions here on Earth that murder in the millions over the creation/ existence of our planet/ human race. What would these lunatics do in response to aliens?..

Meh. I agree that there are religious fanatics who do kill others in the name of God, but I don't think it necessarily takes religious fanaticism for humans to senselessly kill other humans.

There are enough thugs out there who will do so, religion or not. In fact, I think a lot of people who belong to religious fanatical groups don't actually subscribe to the ideology of those groups, but are simply thugs who are just looking for a reason to commit violence.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
That's what I never understood either. It's a reality, People will deal with it. The ones who can't deal with it(I'm looking at most of you religious people), then too damn bad. I think most people already believe. And I hate when someone uses the quote from the movie: MIB: I quote loosely: "A human is smart, but a whole group of humans are big, panicky, dumb animals".
I like the idea of stopping by a watering hole and drinking a cold brew or two with someone from some other dimension, or galaxy.

edit on 26-9-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I posted this on a news article, and I think it's relevant here:

Let's assume that we were to put all our differences aside(or each country broken up into states with their own ethnicity, values, lifestyle, religions, etc), and have one central world government, or what the conspiracy theorists(which is not a conspiracy at all. The Jews or Zionists are very intelligent, and they probably realize, or told by someone that it's the best way to end wars) term a New World Order, what is next then? Basically, the idea is to have goals to work towards to, and to me, we can:

1) Work to make the Earth as beautiful, and preserve as many beautiful animals, as possible. Yes, you can reverse the Earth's damage and make every place as beautiful as our country. I mean, one thing you'll notice about our country, Africa, Thailand, and the Phiippines' beaches is that we are not very developed(and if you pay close attention, the North of our country is much more beautiful than the South, so you can see that wild developments in the South came at a price). And the way to reverse the pollution or make everything look less muddy or more pure is to plant more trees. They will suck up all the CO2 or the dull color from the air and make it more green/pure.

2) Try to help as many poor people as possible

3) Continue towards research that will help us live as long as possible

4) Colonize other planets.

To me, #4 is very important, because it would solve all the land and ethnicity issues for good.

The problem is that we "might" have to go against UFOs, and well, it would be like Blacks putting aside their differences to try to beat Asians, Asians putting aside their differences to try to beat Whites. Not that you can't, but it would require them to put their guard down, or trying to trick them. I mean, if you can trick them into giving you warp drive or time travel technology, then you can probably beat them.

However, if these planets are empty, then I don't think they will interfere, as they will view that as peaceful colonization. So to me, there are certainly worthwhile goals, even after getting rid of the label countries, or to try to see which race can obtain the biggest country or Empire, because quite frankly, we know who won this "game"(at this level) already. There is a possibility that they will share us their technology, if they show that everything against them can also only end in a draw(as in, to destroy them, you must also destroy the universe), or there are even higher level gods than them, or even that we are all descendants of Noah.

Anyway, just like the Europeans figured that they need to unite, and was able to obtain more land and continents with better technology, so can we by uniting and with even better technology(though it might take another 1000 years), by colonizing other planets. However, because these planets are probably empty, there is a way out, as in, we need not need to genocide the local residents to colonize them.

Now you may ask, how will we ever able to live on those planets, if we didn't evolve there? Well, I've read about how you can import oxygen and building domes, so it's not a theoreotical impossibillty. At the very least, there should be another Earth or even universe full of Earth out there. At worst, we can simply visit million of these planets and "sight-see" the residents from above, like Pandora. Now isn't that a worthwhile goal?

Note: it's also possible that if they show, then they will also show us the technology to how to live on these planets.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
...And I hate when someone uses the quote from the movie: MIB: I quote loosely: "A human is smart, but a whole group of humans are big, panicky, dumb animals".

I agree. I don't think that is necessarily true, either.

I think it is more like:
"A human is smart; some groups of humans can be big, panicky, dumb animals, and even be dangerous; but humanity as a whole can be great".

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Thiaoouba Prophecy

If the aliens have the technology to get here, don't think that you can kill them so easily. The problem is the U.S government. They don't want people to know that they're been getting technology from aliens(in exchange for the promotion of democracy, although the U.S probably tricked them in some manner that they didn't expect), so as to maintain the appearance that the U.S is the greatest country, and that there are no "higher" life-forms out there, or anyone that can beat them.

I think someone said a long time ago on this forum that the rate of technology after WW2 was much higher than any point in history, and indeed, that coincided with the "en masse" arrival of the aliens(not the ones who are already here, but the ones who are here to block further use of the atomic bombs, and you can see why it requires a lot. If you wonder why they didn't block the atomic bombs on the Japanese, well, as previously stated, they needed to "sense" the explosion, and it would have caused significant damage if the U.S had fought a land war. I would say even far more than millions, because the Japanese, like us, would have fought to every last woman and child, in fact, they trained their people for that. The atomic bombs, the amount and their timing, were basically just enough to bluff the Japanese into surrendering, and to set up their arrival. Yes, it's all but a game, where the outcome is probably pre-determined but the journey seems chaotic and evil but will lead to an ultimate but good goal. I'm not going to say that you can't change the outcome, because the Chinese might get some ideas, but hopefully, they are here to ensure that the Chinese can't do that, as long as the pre-determined outcome is good of course).

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: lme7898354

They are here to ensure that a guy like Putin will not use nukes, because there is no guarantee that a leader won't just decide to blow everything up, just for the heck of it.

However, they won't show unless you want them to show, because well, ask yourself if you really want to know if this is a game. Now if you're the winner of this game, like a certain race, then you don't really want them to show, however, if you're the loser, then I think you should want them to show, because you want to know that we are all really descendants of Noah, and that it was only designed for a certain group or brother to win.

Here's that video again:
www.youtube.com...

It should be noted that all is not lost if you know that it's a game, because what happens is that you can choose to reincarnate on another planet, without knowledge that it's a game again(aka taking the blue pill), but this planet is much more pleasant. Or perhaps, you can ask them to erase your memory that it's a game, and continue on, with their presence on Earth. Or you can rationalize that even though it's a game, the emotions and feelings are real, so therefore, you will try to seek as much pleasure and new sensations as you can.

edit on 26-9-2014 by np6888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
So, primarily - this was a conference where NASA is determining whether or not to inform the public of discovery of life on exoplanets. Basically it's a conference to ascertain whether or not they will cover up and LIE (or top secret classify) discoveries made out in space.

Brilliant.

CdT

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I don't really understand why so many are worried that everyone is going to freak out if life is discovered on other planets.
Am I missing something? What's the big deal?

Because the UFO believers miss the point of such meetings and it is - how would each community react IF and notice thw word - IF - such life were found (even microbial). They think such meetings are to disclose alien visitors to Earth, while there is no such implication with these meetings. So it's pointless to talk about disclosure, there is no such hidden message behind the symposium.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Maybe it will cause mass panic. What if the ets aren't what we expect. For example things I think would cause mass panic.

What if they're so small and been here for many years that they're already in out bodies? Kind of like that cat parasite that makes mice come to them? Wouldn't that make people freak out?

What if they've always been here just invisible to us. Only seen through machines? That would make the general public freak out.

What if they're already here in shape shifted in the form of humans that would really freak the public out.

I still think only a small portion of our population is ready for disclosure. I mean look at the xenophobia that still exists in the form of racism... We can't even tolerate another physical culture difference between humans what makes you think we will tolerate another sentient being? I doubt it will "unite" us probably split us into two factions. Or multiple factions with different views of aliens as gods/enemies/devil/scapegoat etc.

Also I think aliens would find us rather rude and deceitful. And probably get rid of us to get rid of the "things destroying this planet" then colonize it for their own keeping some of us for their collection. That's probably the most likely scenario. Younger generation may be more willing to accept it but the older generation (the really racists ones) are still in power.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join