It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Marchers Leave Trail of Trash EVERYWHERE

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime

I'm not repeating it to you. Read the thread.

I did :-)

I guess, all things considered - you didn't have that much to say

Edit to add: I get the irony - even if it's not actual irony

I'd rather leave you with this: This was huge - and it was very important to the people who were there - and to many of us who couldn't be there

I think some of the people you've been arguing with in this thread would have hoped that you might understand that you can't have 400,000 people march together in one place without leaving a mess

This is bigger than all of us, even if not everybody sees it that way now

edit on 9/25/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Your comments have been made and responded to over and over again by me and many others. I like how you tell me I fail to see something, yet you fail to see my point of view. I'm not getting back into this again. Last word is yours. Have a nice day.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I like how you tell me I fail to see something, yet you fail to see my point of view.

I see your point of view - I just don't take it seriously

You called these people hypocrites - missing the bigger picture entirely. But, not accidentally

Humans create waste. NYC knew this would happen when they got their permit for the march. It was factored in. Yet, you want to hold them to a higher standard - than who?

NYC’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade converts waste into energy

Consider Newark, New Jersey. Last week’s St. Patrick’s Day parade in New York City generated a fair amount of waste. Rather than landfilling it, the party hats, beads, and cardboard shamrocks were sent to a power plant in Newark where they were turned into useable energy.

There's no point having this argument - it's true. It's easier for you to criticize the trash than to criticize the hearts and minds of 400,000 people. You say you don't mind people marching and protesting, but the truth is, you wouldn't have had a thread if you complained about the garbage left behind after a parade - would you?

I'm not getting back into this again. Last word is yours. Have a nice day.

Thank you much OptimusCrime - you have a nice day too

:-)

edit on 9/25/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
It has been my experience that those who truly care about the environment and recycling are the ones who are the least vocal about it. I suppose my experiences might be unique, but I highly doubt it.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Like EVERY OTHER 'voice' that needs to heard, be it political, religious or corporate based.

Its all a case of

"DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO".

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I blame the moderator of this thread for failing to place a hold on the incredible amount of opinion and complete lack of supporting evidence to place a complaint on trash at the parade/march.

As an example of a town's attitude to trash.

www.dailycomet.com...

How bad has it been in NYC? An overview, including dead horses, which outlines the growth and professionalism required to service a city that generates 22,000,000 pounds of trash DAILY.

www.collectorsweekly.com...

"Rhode Island prides itself on hosting the oldest parade in the nation. The Bristol tradition draws some 100,000 spectators, who leave behind about 64 tons of trash, according to the Department of Public Works."

yellowblueblog.com...

Spectators, not marchers, numbering a 'mere' 100,000, generate 128,000 pounds of trash and it is NORMAL. If you consider that many of these folks came from out of town and would perhaps want to eat and recreate following the march, how could they take it home? Put it under their collective hats. This is a strawman argument made by an arch conservative blogger.

The desire to politicize the actions by so many into some vacuous t-bag miniscule maelstrom of malicious BS does not favor this forum. The destractive, destructive quality is there. It does not promote understanding or express a concern of worth.
The OP is another manipulator of the commons. He pollutes and moves on.
And you then react because it gets personal. Frustration with attempts to sway (a group effort) the thread into some form of sanity is met with unrelenting insistence that the movement is not pure.
There is no purity, we know that when we become adults. There is only shades of gray. This thread is typical of the party that thinks we need to regress. No merit and endless exposition.
So why do you allow it? The OP is (something rude here) that is looking to derail thinking. Why abet?

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join