It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Marchers Leave Trail of Trash EVERYWHERE

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Why are you so upset? Did I hit a nerve? It's OK pal. Just relax. A few posts on message board aren't going to kill your movement.

But, trashing a city did throw a terrible light on your people. Just saying.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Also, did you get to meet Leo DiCaprio there protesting? Did he invite you on his super yacht?

I'll sit back and wait for you profanity filled rant.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Trash with 'Greenpeace' emblazened on it - the irony is sickening. I think anyone with half a brain realises that these 'demonstrations' are just for the bleeding heart, desperate-to-be-upset-about-anything cry babies, so they can go home and sleep soundly at night for being such devoutly noble warriors.

(post by OptimusCrime removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite
Trash with 'Greenpeace' emblazened on it - the irony is sickening. I think anyone with half a brain realises that these 'demonstrations' are just for the bleeding heart, desperate-to-be-upset-about-anything cry babies, so they can go home and sleep soundly at night for being such devoutly noble warriors.

You just summed up my entire rant right there.

(post by FlySolo removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Edited
edit on 9/24/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: OptimusCrime

And? So what? I'm only doing what you're doing minus the "mental midget" bs. Calling a spade a spade. It's not an insult when I'm just calling you out. You're a punk kid with no cause. You're ranting about 200 lbs of trash in NYC when it is still 200 lbs of trash divided among 10 cities. What's heavier 1 pound of bricks or 1 pound of feathers? it's the same Sherlock. You're acting like an ass thinking you've got some point when you really don't .

I don't get it, dude. You're missing the entire point of this topic. You really are. It's not about the amount of trash or even being in a city. Or are you just ignoring my original point? Every post you have made has been OFF TOPIC, dude. It really has.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime
a reply to: largo

I'm not kicking and screaming. I'm on a message board posting a rant. Would you like me to come to your house and protest, then leave all my trash on your front stoop?

The sheer number of protesters? Who is saying anything about what they're protesting for is negative? Your rant is ridiculous and you're more worried about political BS than the actual thread.

I said "They come to the city to complain about the climate and the state of the planet, yet throw trash all over the place. How can you support a subject enough to protest all day and then decimate the surrounding areas, where people who live there have to deal with, with trash and garbage."

Is that not straight forward enough for you?

E2A: If the source is what's bothering you, I can probably dig up 10 more from other news stations that are both left, right and middle.

Where are you from? Do you live in a large city? Have you ever been where more than 250,000 people have gathered?

I have attended large protest gatherings. When the sanitation department returns after the crowds leave, they clean up. It's what is done in cities. Permits get issued, departments are mobilized and life goes on.

The T-Bag issue here is transparently STUPID. An invention of NO WORTH. It is the strawman argument writ tiny. It only suits their pin-sized outlooks. Dim but sharply focused.

Is that clear enough for you?

Waiting in line to see a DaVinci is an inconvenience. How much time you complain about that wait is up to you. The fact that the trash had NO PHYSICAL IMPACT on you or the nutbag who started this 'issue' is a demonstration of misplaced concerns. What the marchers were protesting is.

Why don't you take some time to consider the real reason that you would even mention such a stupid concept. That complete cleanliness was not maintained by hundreds of thousands of people marching.

Do you ever use public bathrooms?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: largo

originally posted by: OptimusCrime
a reply to: largo

I'm not kicking and screaming. I'm on a message board posting a rant. Would you like me to come to your house and protest, then leave all my trash on your front stoop?

The sheer number of protesters? Who is saying anything about what they're protesting for is negative? Your rant is ridiculous and you're more worried about political BS than the actual thread.

I said "They come to the city to complain about the climate and the state of the planet, yet throw trash all over the place. How can you support a subject enough to protest all day and then decimate the surrounding areas, where people who live there have to deal with, with trash and garbage."

Is that not straight forward enough for you?

E2A: If the source is what's bothering you, I can probably dig up 10 more from other news stations that are both left, right and middle.

Where are you from? Do you live in a large city? Have you ever been where more than 250,000 people have gathered?

I have attended large protest gatherings. When the sanitation department returns after the crowds leave, they clean up. It's what is done in cities. Permits get issued, departments are mobilized and life goes on.

The T-Bag issue here is transparently STUPID. An invention of NO WORTH. It is the strawman argument writ tiny. It only suits their pin-sized outlooks. Dim but sharply focused.

Is that clear enough for you?

Waiting in line to see a DaVinci is an inconvenience. How much time you complain about that wait is up to you. The fact that the trash had NO PHYSICAL IMPACT on you or the nutbag who started this 'issue' is a demonstration of misplaced concerns. What the marchers were protesting is.

Why don't you take some time to consider the real reason that you would even mention such a stupid concept. That complete cleanliness was not maintained by hundreds of thousands of people marching.

Do you ever use public bathrooms?

I'm from Philadelphia so I see it all the time, trash all over the place even when small amounts of people gather. That's not my argument at all. If you're demonstrating to save the Earth, then don't litter. What don't you understand about that? What you are saying means nothing to the affect of my rant. I don't know how many times I have to repeat myself to you people. I'm done doing it.

Like i said to the last person who kept repeating themselves like a parrot . . . You obviously write in English, I write in English, read the thread.

E2A: You're picking up where the last person left off. Come with something original for a change. Not something that's been said, and answered, in this thread about 10 times.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

You're missing the entire point of this topic. You really are. It's not about the amount of trash or even being in a city

You've got to get yourself together, you're stuck in a moment and you can't get out of it.
It really isn't about the trash. Let me ask you two things:

1. Are you just as mad at the people at the front of the march who DID use garbage cans? (think about this one hard, no knee jerk responses)
2. What happens next to garbage IF those people you're so mad at DID take their trash home?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

You're missing the entire point of this topic. You really are. It's not about the amount of trash or even being in a city

You've got to get yourself together, you're stuck in a moment and you can't get out of it.
It really isn't about the trash. Let me ask you two things:

1. Are you just as mad at the people at the front of the march who DID use garbage cans? (think about this one hard, no knee jerk responses)
2. What happens next to garbage IF those people you're so mad at DID take their trash home?

1. I'm not mad about people using a trash can, if it is not full and over flowing. Even if they place it on top and it stays there.
2. If the garbage is full, I expect any person with any kind of decent upbringing to take their trash with them and dispose of it correctly. Not throw it on the ground, where it's going to be someone else's problem. Especially at this type of march. If they DID take it home it would be very kind of them and the right thing to do, but they did not, they threw it on the ground. I'm not play IF's here.
3. We've already been warned about off topic, so please don't be sarcastic with me. If you want to talk about the subject, I will give you answers and more opinions, just as I expect from you.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

1. I'm not mad about people using a trash can, if it is not full and over flowing. Even if they place it on top and it stays there.

Person #1 and person #400,000 are the same. The only difference is who got off the bus first and who got to use the trash can first. It is of no fault of anyone if the can was full and they couldn't dispose of it properly. You're projecting your anger at a ghost. A phantom villain. And no one can guarantee over spilling trash will not end up down the block, almost a half million people walking.

2. If the garbage is full, I expect any person with any kind of decent upbringing to take their trash with them and dispose of it correctly. Not throw it on the ground, where it's going to be someone else's problem. Especially at this type of march.

Again see answer above. Why are you not expecting the same from person #1 They're the one who filled up the garbage can. It's their fault. If they had not gone and filled up the garbage can, then at least other people could have had a place to put it. See where I'm going with this?

3. We've already been warned about off topic, so please don't be sarcastic with me. If you want to talk about the subject, I will give you answers and more opinions, just as I expect from you.

I respond accordingly.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Person #1 and person #400,000 are the same. The only difference is who got off the bus first and who got to use the trash can first. It is of no fault of anyone if the can was full and they couldn't dispose of it properly. You're projecting your anger at a ghost. A phantom villain. And no one can guarantee over spilling trash will not end up down the block, almost a half million people walking.

2. If the garbage is full, I expect any person with any kind of decent upbringing to take their trash with them and dispose of it correctly. Not throw it on the ground, where it's going to be someone else's problem. Especially at this type of march.

Again see answer above. Why are you not expecting the same from person #1 They're the one who filled up the garbage can. It's their fault. If they had not gone and filled up the garbage can, then at least other people could have had a place to put it. See where I'm going with this?

I respond accordingly.

I can guarantee that if you dispose of your trash correctly, no trash will end up on the streets.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join