It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Marchers Leave Trail of Trash EVERYWHERE

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
What a bunch of hypocrites. They come to the city to complain about the climate and the state of the planet, yet throw trash all over the place. How can you support a subject enough to protest all day and then decimate the surrounding areas, where people who live there have to deal with, with trash and garbage.

I'm beginning to believe some people are so lost in life they'll support any cause with little regard for anything but being a part of something.

The picture says a thousand words. They're advertising on a cup, "Greenpeace", yet can't even throw it away. Now, Let me ask a question, if you're so for saving the world and taking care of it, why wouldn't you use a reusable cup and not something that's going to contribute to a landfill?

Wouldn't you think cleaning up after a protest like this would be the first thing they thought off? Or how about not making a mess at all and respecting the Earth they're trying to save.

Somehow, I think we all knew it might end up this way…

Climate crusaders love to talk a big game. There’s nothing like wasting a bunch of resources making catchy signs and driving to an event on fossil fuels to crusade with the rest of weekend environmentalists who talk boldly about the need for everybody else to save the planet from the dreaded “global warming”… or is it “climate change?” …

Well, whatever term the Earth crusaders have manufactured for this week to describe “weather”…

Hundreds-of-thousands marched in New York on Sunday as they got together to “raise awareness” over the need for global government intervention on the issue of “climate change.” A-listers like Leonardo DiCaprio and Mark Ruffalo joined the crowd and marched.

When the self-congratulations died down, however, what was left was a gigantic pile of trash that, inarguably, is far from “green.”

Twitchy.com reported one countless tweets where people shared their pictures of the mess that was left in the wake of the Earth-first crusaders.

Just a few choice tweets:
Pic of Trash at #climatemarch SMH freydkin: Somehow this doesn’t seem too green to me #trashoverload #climatemarch pic.twitter.com/wZIkydoLdt”

— VK (@vickikellar) September 21, 2014
Climate litter at parade gathering! #peoplesclimatemarch #ClimateHope #mothergaia pic.twitter.com/BydMZ6gC1K

— Dahlhalla (@dahlhalla) September 21, 2014
Litter prevents climate change. #climatemarch #PeopleClimateMarch pic.twitter.com/XKU07qYWcI

— SΞ4N VΞNKM4N (@MrFoPow) September 21, 2014
Did the #PeoplesClimateMarch recycle their frillion or so dead tree signs?

— Dana Loesch (@DLoesch) September 22, 2014
#PeoplesClimateMarch RT @EnblocGarand: @DLoesch nope, it just got thrown all over the streets pic.twitter.com/Gojafbj3qz

— Dana Loesch (@DLoesch) September 22, 2014
Remember, kids: nothing says “I care about the environment” like making tons of signs out of cardboard and wood and then promptly discarding them when the “feel-good” rally is over.

LInk To Article (Pasted into Thread)

Aslo, POST and PREVIEW buttons seem to be disable in "Breaking Alternative News"? I tried to post this there but it that's the problem I ran in to. Yet, it was probably a sign because this is a rant anyway.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I'm not supporting the trash, but i'll bet ya those trash bins are full, and if the arrangers of this march hasn't provided for extra trash bins, well, there is really nothing else to do than place it near the trash bins, and hope the arrangers at least provided a clean up team.

It is a waste of resources though, especially from this kind of march.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
All of that was someone else's shiite, and since NOBODY put it there... NOBODY picked it up.

See? They act the same as everyone else. The only difference is, they have the cajones to curse others for doing what they do when nobody is looking.

I'd have more respect for a lot of them if they said, "Hey...I love trees, and nature... But I ALSO love leaving my shiite for others to clean up."

But they won't, because somebody else put it there.

No room left in the trash cans?? They should love the cause enough to put it in their pocket until they got home. But again... Like everyone else, their hypocrisy only goes so far.
edit on 9/22/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
I'm not supporting the trash, but i'll bet ya those trash bins are full, and if the arrangers of this march hasn't provided for extra trash bins, well, there is really nothing else to do than place it near the trash bins, and hope the arrangers at least provided a clean up team.

That's what I'm getting at. You would think they would make it a point to not have this happen. The pictures in the article show trash all over the place, not just near bins. I'm all about trying to get your word out, legally, but I'm not about making a mess of someone elses town that lets you have your protest. If you want to protest, especially about this particular topic, you should be able to show you care enough not to make a mess like that.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Do as I say not as I do. Like many people who go to the Rainbow Family Gatherings only to trash it. Luckily in many of those cases, the true ones stay behind to clean up as best as they could.

Mainstream protests achieve nothing. S + F for getting this issue out there.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
" Climate Marchers Leave Trail of Trash EVERYWHERE "

They must be waiting for Mitigation Legislation !!

Maybe they think the Earth will re-absorb everything.

The recyclers will have a field day with the bank deposits.

But this *Always* happens at Liberal-Left Wing events doesn't it?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
What I really want to know is how long will it take that damned duct tape on that woman's sign to biodegrade??

I'm appalled. Just so very, very appalled.

She hates the dolphins.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime

And the main hypocrites are the Hollywood celebs

What good does it do to condemn fossil fuels and such when these actors fly in on their private jets, no telling how much energy their mansions use in a weeks time

It's no different than them preaching about being anti-gun when they have 4 or 5 armed bodyguards surrounding them

Actors need to stick with movies and stay in their glass bubble that surrounds their 25,000 sq. ft museum of a house & stop driving those fancy cars around, sailing on their yachts and flying on their personal jets

Can't they carpool like so many of us normal folks do?

edit on 22-9-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

I agree 100%. I think most actors have no real idea how the world works outside of their bubble.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Protesting is so much more fun ... than cleaning.

Such are teenagers.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I agree fully.

The pictures in the article show trash all over the place

This one though, it doesn't show all over the place, but it does show some trash and what looks to be collected signs or banners.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

I agree with everything you said.

But I have to say I have seen Ted Danson on Metro North a bunch of times. So maybe he truly is like his character Dr. Becker

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Faux environmentalism.

What a perfect example of how the mainstream environmental movement is totally ignorant of how their everyday actions are in utter contradiction of their stated cause.

The paper cup grows on a tree. They don't have to cut one down with industrial machinery, transport it to a mill, refine it, then ship it to wherever you are buying it. After you're done with it, just throw it on the sidewalk because someone will come pick it up and take it to some place where it doesn't exist after that. Just magically goes away. But only for environmentalists. Non-believers' trash goes to the landfill.

Is that what these people think?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
aaaaand because of bull#ism like this thread, no one in the world takes the us serious for being concerned about the rest of the world, or about the state of the world in the nearer future.

does new york still put all its trash via tug boats in the ocean?

ooooh, now there was some trash outside the bin - lets dump more of it whereever we go, because THOSE did it, then we can doooo so, too!

*NOPE* if you don't like what other people did, do it better! lead by example, not by being the most anoying critic.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

From what I understand they were ill prepared for such a huge turnout so like you said the bins were full. There were thousands more people than they thought would show how many thousands more I am not sure just a few thousand or 10 - 20 - 30 thousand or more than they thought.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

They got caught off guard, no doubt about it.
I heard the number 300.000 i don't know if that's true.
This video gives a good picture, that's a hell of a of people

edit on 23-9-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Yes this is a good rant. I've noticed this about the trendy eco gang. It is excruciating self righteous hypocrisy.

Many of the people I (used to) know are like that. They spout all the jargon then drive home in cars that are, alongside power stations, the very worst culprits of ecological and environmental destruction.

I am the most eco sound person I ever met. I cycle everywhere, don't own a car and buy most things second hand. However, I don't go making a noise and pretending to be oh so cool. Also, I don't care if you eat Mc Donald's until it comes out your nostrils. That's your business.

I see something very fascist in these peoples' behaviour. Also, I am aware of the carbon taxation plans that are going to make certain investors into carbon billionaires. Don't think they put on this climate show for altruistic motives. No way! It's all about money and profiteering. Watch, wait and see.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Wow, you guys are really slow to get the point aren't you, can't you see, the trash laying around is a secret message. The marchers are trying to tell us that the whole climate change debate is a diversion to confuse us from the real problem that threatens the future of our children.

We can't stop Sh;tt;ng the place up with our garbage and pollution.

Sarcasm off/
I heard some pretty great speeches come across the radio yesterday. Some really positive and creative approaches to the delima we are facing with global climate change. It is really encouraging to see these folks come out and sacrifice their time and energy to bring light to these issues, even if some of them are slobs. And BTW, if there had been even a make shift clean up crew of volunteers, you probably wouldn't get that part from the media...
edit on 23-9-2014 by Quauhtli because: ...

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
This is kind of stupid logic, they are protesting government officials and big business? If government officials and big business only used reusable cups, and they were at the event themselves with reusable cups, and greenpeace and whatever other hippie activist yuppies were not using said cups, then there would be an argument here.

But because they are merely protesting the state of affairs at a business and political perspective, the people they are protesting are no better in their daily lives, they could be wrapping themselves in cellophane there is no argument.

Im sure they would protest for regulations to make sure their cups were made from 50% recycled material too...

(I don't really like them personally, but its a point on logic.)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
A few pictures of over-flowing trash barrels and piles of signs that in one of the pictures people are working to clean up? Quite a case you have there... or not so much. Really not too bad at all for 400k people.

lol
edit on 9/23/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join