It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All you ghost hunters - What methods of entity communication do you use?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Watching some of the the Ghost Hunters episodes, they sometimes use a Yes/No session to communicate with the entity. They use a couple of small flashlights with twist on/off switches at their base. It often appears the entity can manipulate these torches to turn on/off the light to indicate a Yes or No. Are these faked too?

Many believe many of the incidents are faked, but what of the torches?
Has anyone else used this method when they are ghost hunting?

I have first-hand experience of table-lifting by ghosts, so I know that is possible, so why not the torches yes/no thing?

I am sure some of you use some kind of communication method rather than just a K2 meter or whatever to indicate presences. EVP is popular perhaps?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: qmantoo

I'm not a ghosthunter so I can't answer your question.

I just wonder why ghosts would use flashlights to communicate?
If a ghost can twist the bottom of a flashlight, why wouldn't it be able to push the keys on a computer-keyboard?
I would just leave a computer turned on throughout the night and read the message in the morning. It's much more simple and if ghosts can lift tables I believe that they have the 'strength' needed to do this.

Another thought... why would intelligent and normal people who have died take fancy in lifting tables?
I'm sure they didn't do that while being alive. Why not lift something more worthwhile? Like pensils and write stuff?

(I do not believe in ghost or demons)
edit on 22-9-2014 by CorvusCorax because: Bad layout

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Not honestly sure why, but they do seem to bang and carry on like normal folks, just that we cannot normally see them. The old spiritualists used to get spirits talking. They used to have a thing called a trumpet which was like an old fashioned conical rolled tin megaphone and the spirits allegedly used to speak through that. Maybe it is all about getting noticed and getting their message across to us here?

I think it takes a lot of energy for the ghosts to do these things, so maybe typing would not be easy for them.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I won't use the flashlights trick, as I think they're just for TV ratings. When you set a flashlight up like that, the sound vibrations from your voice can set it off, not to mention the many other factors(static, etc.,). It's just unreliable as far as scientific evidence goes, IMO.

I haven't been able to watch Ghost Hunters since the scammer Grant Wilson put a device in his coat and tried to fool people during the: Ghost Hunters Live Halloween 2008 Special:

The main thing that I use, and love, is EVP's. I think there's something incredible about capturing voices and responses to questions when you know that you are 100% alone(I go alone). It's fascinating. But I also like going through photos that I take too. I bought a Spirit Box and haven't even used it yet, but I plan to soon(I hope).

Video is very important to me, too. But I have to admit that I hate going through hours of video. But if you capture something then you have evidence. Good evidence.

K2 meters tell me nothing. Magnetic fields are all over the earth and constantly fluctuate. I think the K2 meters are for TV ratings too.
edit on 22-9-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
I haven't been able to watch Ghost Hunters since the scammer Grant Wilson put a device in his coat and tried to fool people during the: Ghost Hunters Live Halloween 2008 Special

Same here. I used to watch all the time. But then I saw all the Youtubes where they showed how things were faked. I can't watch anymore.

I bought a Spirit Box and haven't even used it yet, but I plan to soon(I hope).

I've been wanting to buy one for a while now but haven't.
They cost a bunch. I do want one though.

My ATS Thread on Spirit Voice Boxes

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I just used a tape recorder and a camera for my first ghost hunt.
My first ghost hunt: The Palmer House
Recorded everything on audio, and took pictures when something was going on.
There was a k2 meter there though that did respond to questions for a few seconds and also some knocks that did as well,
but it was not my meter.
I got enough interesting stuff to satisfy myself.

Wouldn't mind trying a ghost box.

I can tell you from personal experience, that a lot of what you see is dramatized to keep ratings on TV. Haunting are not nearly as interesting as they make them seem on TV. Once and a while you will have an experience, but most of the time, things stay quiet unless something whips the spirits into some sort of activity.

edit on 22-9-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

totally agree with the EVP. i love it, theres nothing like going to a graveyard with the recorder on, knowing something is stood right next to you and when you get home that something says your name!!! love doing evp's in graveyards.

i've not tried the torch thing, it did seem interesting when i saw it on tv. bbut i just love evp, its like christmas when you get something, even when i got 'i'm satan' hissed at me.

i have 2 ghost boxes and use these in the house and i also got echovox, thats really is quite good i usually tell people to steer well clear of aps for paranormal, i have been getting a couple of my 'regulars' on echovox so i know it not just an 'app'.
edit on 39Tuesday43ppAmerica/Chicago234339 by slippeddisc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: slippeddisc
a reply to: Fylgje
i have 2 ghost boxes and use these in the house and i also got echovox, thats really is quite good i usually tell people to steer well clear of aps for paranormal, i have been getting a couple of my 'regulars' on echovox so i know it not just an 'app'.

Do the "regulars" hold a conversation or just random sentences or phrases. Are they anyone you can communicate with if somedevice was available to do that. What I mean is - is there intelligence there or could it be odd phrases taken out of context or recorded in time?

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Last year I was a skeptic, I am not a ghost hunter, I don't need to go searching for the paranormal since it is everywhere.
Flash light on and off is a caveman validation
you can search my name and read any post I've written about my skepticism, then I tried echovox app for my Andriod Samsung Galaxy 5s and a year later, I'm convince something is out there.
I have my first few echovox sessions documented on this paranormal forum.
I have half my sessions on youtube working to get the next 20 sessions up. Just been lazy plus people really don't give a sh@t about an validations of paranormal.
I have so much personal communications and my own validation, it is too the point that I'm done with validating now it's time to get serious with the finer details.

will echovox work for you, I don't know and I don't care, I used to say hey get echovox app for an andriod device and do 1 ten minute session a day for 10 days and you will see.
Now, I don't care, if you decide to try it, good for you if not, this realm really isn't ment for everyone.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I do not use the torch or flash light way of communication. I read where when you unscrew the back of a flashlight so that it barely touches, it causes a short circuit and the light goes on and off. Not sure if this is true but to me using a flashlight isn't what I call reliable or good enough evidence to satisfy me.

I like doing EVPs and hearing a voice of someone not present in the room (ie human). I have never been able to trust the radio hacks and SB7 or whatever it is called nor the ovulis (all versions) that spits out words supposedly picked out by a spirit.

I also like to use a deep IR camera and a full spectrum (UV and IR capability) that takes stills and videos. Same thing for the Sony Nightshot with IR capabilities. I also convert all video to audio as well and listen to that. I

I don't go out often enough to justify spending tons of money getting a DVR system with ten or more cameras that are tied into a computer screen. I do like the EMF meter (can't think of its name, duh, too early in the am) that also reads temperature and sounds an alarm if anything spirit wise comes near it.i

I have never been that impressed with the k2 meter that you hold your finger on or insert a nickel to keep it on. Most people I have run into have not gotten the results from that which they hoped and nothing like GH always seemed to get.

Hope this helps,
SanFrancisco

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Find an idiot with a big wallet and an overactive imagination and they'll believe anything you tell them.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

hi, i didn't know you replied.

yes, they are intelligent responses, i tried to get a ouija board to work once and had my ghost box on aswell (radio shack 12-587) i got a bunch of them asking for help, a couple were arguing which went "move out the way", "piss off", "move out the way", "PISS OFF"!!! the one who was saying piss off, i've had him a few times saying the same thing and he was the one i got on the echovox and because i can only hear it on playback i can't get to him, i do ask for him when i do evp's just to see if the message gets to him but i haven't heard from him since the last time i heard him on echovox just before i was about to give echovox up. i haven't done an evp for a while but the last echovox i done had him in it and another that said "they sent me to you, this place, get out of". im going to have to start getting back into it.

if that makes any sense!

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
i do think that the ouija board is probably the best way to communicate as you speak directly to them, i don't know what anyone elses thoughts on this is.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I have an idea for a better communications device but it would be a kind-of EVP device which maybe could be made into a direct two-way communications device. Of course, it is all ideas at this stage but I am sure someone somewhere will develop such an instrument. Ideas are not just given to one person, there are lots of people tapping into the global ideas pool. :-)

ouija boards are a little dodgy because many people have had very bad experiences with them. I think it all depends on the person(human) doing the running and whether they have their own protection and whether they have strict protocols in place. Their will, intent and focus plays a big part I think too because it appears to be the folks who do it as a game who get the most troublesome issues with it.

I should be wary of suggesting it to anyone as we dont know their emotional/mental state and that can also play a role in who gets to come through. The boards sold commercially should have a warning on them and possibly an age limit.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

i'd be interested about your idea for better communication, i am not techy minded! i can't wait for someone to develop easier communication.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
The EVPs which investigators obtain are often whispers or what we hear as whispers. This leads me to think about how electronically one turns a whisper into a solid voice. That would sort out the quietness or whisper aspect and then it is just the filtering of the background noise out of the EVP which is the most difficult part I believe.

The other way to look at this is to provide a perfect audio environment for the spirits to talk in. One which we can control what noise goes in to that environment and therefore what noise comes out.

new topics

top topics

join