It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marchers sound urgent call for climate change action ahead of U.N. summit

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This is a really good thing. We need to get that awareness out there.

If you do some research, you'll see that there were many actual scientists there including geologists, Climatologists etc.

For those saying there was big money in that march, remember that there is more money being spent against this by big oil.

I read probably 7 different articles about this March this morning. The first time Al Gore was mentioned, was on ATS. Coincidence?

edit on 22-9-2014 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I don't care what the bible says. The bible isn't a true account of events in the past. In fact, I'd say that the bible is one of the first pieces of written and widespread propaganda. Have YOU been deceived by propaganda?

I was reaching out to the believers of the book, the book that states clearly our purpose was to care for the garden of Eden, and I view Earth as Eden.

Doing something will cost us WAY more than just money. The paradigm shift would be so extensive that nothing you consider normal as far as technology goes, would be acceptable. Then you have to have this paradigm shift implemented in such a way that 100% of the human population accepts it without question. Otherwise you will have dissent and resistance. This leads to war. Since we are restructuring society, naturally our economy would also have to be rebuilt from the ground up. Good luck uprooting THAT tree.

And what were doing now doesn't lead to war? War for profit and to further our use and dependance on foreign fossil fuels and other resources??? Please come back to reality what were doing currently is causing more harm than good. All it takes is political will to restructure our systems to lead us away from fossil fuels and all these carbon emissions. Why so much fear of change especially if its a positive change? Would it be bad to use oil to make things like solar panels, instead of burning it in a engine? Pushing more recycling threw government regulations would be a bad thing? Funding more research into alternative energy would be a bad thing and lead to war???

Who knows? But I can say that it is all meaningless anyways. If we go extinct, outside of a VERY few possibilities, life will continue to go on without us (basically unless we sterilize the planet, life will go on). Heck even if a very few survive, even the human race won't go extinct, because humans have the reasoning power to circumvent and adapt to the changes. As long as they [humans] can hang on long enough, evolution will take over and humans will eventually thrive in the new environment we've created. It's already happening, by the way.

So the more we pollute the humans will either die or evolve into something else? OMG this paragraph alone is why we should be doing something rather than deny it. You admit you don't know, yet you know human climate change is false, yet could kill us all or turn us into mutants??!!

Keep in mind, thanks to evolution, even if we drastically alter the eco-system, evolution will take care of everything. Life will adapt and thrive again. It's only a matter of time. This is all why I'm not worried. I don't try to delude myself into thinking I'm special or anything. If everything goes bottom up and my time comes up, so be it. But I'm not deluded enough to believe that we as a species will change our fate. That's pretty much out of our hands (and quite possibly anyone's hands no matter how wealthy they may be).

All this to benefit the 1%, for profit, to cater to the wealthy. Is the risks really worth it?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
I was reaching out to the believers of the book, the book that states clearly our purpose was to care for the garden of Eden, and I view Earth as Eden.

Wrong words to use to me then. I could care less about the bible. Though if you aren't familiar with my posting history I can forgive you for assuming I'm Christian.

And what were doing now doesn't lead to war? War for profit and to further our use and dependance on foreign fossil fuels and other resources??? Please come back to reality what were doing currently is causing more harm than good. All it takes is political will to restructure our systems to lead us away from fossil fuels and all these carbon emissions. Why so much fear of change especially if its a positive change? Would it be bad to use oil to make things like solar panels, instead of burning it in a engine? Pushing more recycling threw government regulations would be a bad thing? Funding more research into alternative energy would be a bad thing and lead to war???

Please point out where I said what we are doing now is good and or beneficial. All I said is that changing this status quo is impossible since the entire economy is built around it. So literally every person on the planet has some skin in this game (some more so than others).

So the more we pollute the humans will either die or evolve into something else? OMG this paragraph alone is why we should be doing something rather than deny it. You admit you don't know, yet you know human climate change is false, yet could kill us all or turn us into mutants??!!

I never said that I know human climate change is false. I just made a bunch of conjectures based on the possibility that the claims of human made climate change is real and the obvious efforts that need to be done to affect real change. I didn't however tell you what my personal beliefs on the matter are. That is unless you went and read old posts of mine where I talk about this topic, but that could be misleading. I may have changed my mind since then.

All this to benefit the 1%, for profit, to cater to the wealthy. Is the risks really worth it?

Someone has to come out on top. It is just the way the world works. Even if we restructure society in an effort to reduce or outright stop human climate change, eventually there WILL be a new elite and that elite WILL take advantage of everyone else. That is just a fact of life.

You should pay more careful attention to the words I am typing. You are making some egregious assumptions just because I've taken a position not directly in line to the one you desire.
edit on 22-9-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: FlyersFan

Earths natural systems is not releasing C02 like our industry is.

Do you really believe our society and industry and the C02 its releasing is not going to have any effect on the environment?

How will Earth and its natural systems gonna deal with so much C02 and a ever increasing amount of methane?

Pretending like it isn't a problem will no make it go away.

Seriously if you don't think car exhaust is not bad for the environment, seal off you win dows and doors with duct tape and plastic and start your car in the garage and see what effect it has on your family!!!

If I'm not mistaken, I believe I've heard and read that the man made CO2 is being absorbed into the Oceans of the world. That is having the effect of increasing the acidity of the Oceans and that is increasingly disrupting the "food chain" in the oceans.

I'm not a scientist and I don't like politicized science, but I believe that the Oceans are the heart and lungs of the earthly biosphere. Screw up the Oceans and we're all near as good as dead!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
the best climategate action I can see is to get ( fake modelling)Al Gore (ihtim) to sell his sea side mansions and chip in some on my heating bills

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danbones
the best climategate action I can see is to get ( fake modelling)Al Gore (ihtim) to sell his sea side mansions and chip in some on my heating bills

You could also say...the best action on climate we can take is get rid of the fake modeling by the scientists in the pocket of big oil and have the president of some of our American oil companies sell their sea side mansions and help pay for my heating bills!
edit on 22-9-2014 by amazing because: (no reason given)

(post by BunnyMars removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I was thinking the same thing. I wonder how much trash this parade for awareness created and how many of them bothered to recycle? There were pics on twitter of overflowing public trash cans, but I can't vouch for their validity a reply to: thesaneone

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The eco-weenies were out in force.
So what. They probably drove into town.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cynic

So your recent posts merit a question. Are you for pollution and big oil and gasoline taxes and all that. You don't want any renewable energy?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

You know how much money the Kochs and other in the industry are paying to form a opinion? You guys all working for free?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

You know how much money the Kochs and other in the industry are paying to form a opinion?

That's the second time that question has been asked. (Maybe by you.) I'm waiting. Somebody tell us how much is being spent. Please provide some real figures and sources. I'll bet twenty cents (twenty-five is what I bet on an absolute certainty), that the government and some colleges (Oh, don't forget Steyer, who has pledged 100 million) are spending more than the Koch brothers.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

So your recent posts merit a question. Are you for pollution and big oil and gasoline taxes and all that. You don't want any renewable energy?

Meh.

I suppose you for carbon taxation and accords that go unheeded by all concerned all the while making you feel good about accomplishing nothing then.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Refer my post above.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Meh.

I suppose you for carbon taxation and accords that go unheeded by all concerned all the while making you feel good about accomplishing nothing then.

No. Why do you feel that any action to help the environment means carbon taxes. I don't want carbon taxes, but I hate pollution, deforestation, smog, and the current power company monopolies. I'm actually getting solar panels put on my house today.. they will provide 95% of all the power that I need.

You don't like to breath fresh air, or hike, or hunt or camp or swim or canoe or go for walks in the park? That's some of the stuff the "eco weenies" do and protect.

But lumping everyone in the same category you're basically making the problem worse.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I enjoy a walk in the fresh air as much as anyone my friend. I just think that most of the hypocrites that are marching in parades have forgotten that climate change is a natural process. The Earth has been much warmer and much colder in the past an no amount of paper shuffling, hand wringing and marching in the street will change that. Natural processes are just that. Natural. To believe that humans can change them is simply arrogant to the extreme. Eco-weenies notwithstanding.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I've heard that India, China, and Germany are not attending the climate summit. If so, that takes a big punch out of the meeting.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952
I've heard that India, China, and Germany are not attending the climate summit. If so, that takes a big punch out of the meeting.

Quite frankly China and India don't give a damn imo. Germany on the other hand already has 25% of it's power generated by renewable sources and they've got bigger worries than this right now. Ie: Russia.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I'm not INDOCTRINATED I don't BUY it. SPACIFICALLY in the attacks on ENERGY and COMMERCE. I doubt we are HELPING but WE didn't cause it. THEY want control of your woodstoves,cows and to limit TRANSPORTATION via available fuel and how much you pay.
SOLAR FARMS are torching BIRDS is THAT helping?
NOBODY has done a THING about CHINA so bull###T

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
NOBODY has done a THING about CHINA so bull###T

Can we be honest for a second? THIS is the REAL buggaboo isn't it?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join